TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lakemont Park changes

• 2 weeks later...
^I'm sure it was way back in the roaring 20's.

I'm just saying that Lakemont park needs to either get itself better with these changing times, or join the association of defunct parks.

I think that's what they're trying to do. Keep in mind their location and typical visitors. They are trying to add new features that will generate revenue and keep a family feel. If anything I'd say these changes could help the build a more sustainable and profitable operation if all goes well.

As for my opinion I say it's about time that Lakemont park got a huge makeover.

If I were the one who was renovating the park here is what I'd do:

1) Demolish it in favor of a gentrified condo / townhome complex with a douchy name that ties into the former park like "The Residences at Lakemont"

2)After the handsome profit that came along with step one, I'd head over to Del Grossos with family and friends to celebrate and buy everyone pizza or something. Then I'd use the rest of the money to buy a boat, a winter house in Florida and a summer place at the Residences at Lakemont since that place is all the rage

Fixed

I had a PA parks tour planned for sometime in the next few years, and was hoping to go to Lakemont to ride their Chance Skydiver (one of my bucket list flat rides). First Camden Park in WV loses their Skydiver, now Lakemont's might be gone? The Skydiver is becoming a rare ride indeed.

Was kinda hoping to do the Toboggan too.

I had a PA parks tour planned for sometime in the next few years, and was hoping to go to Lakemont to ride their Chance Skydiver (one of my bucket list flat rides). First Camden Park in WV loses their Skydiver, now Lakemont's might be gone? The Skydiver is becoming a rare ride indeed.

Oh god!

Do you have a death wish?

Powers Great American Midways has one that they travel with that was recently heavily rehabbed and has an LED light package on it.

Skydiver was easily the best ride in the park.

Lakemont has the only Toboggan I've ever ridden. I'm not particularly tall, but I smacked my head on the final bunny hills so I cringe what that experience would be like for anyone taller than me.

Skydiver was closed when I went. Unfortunately not surprising at all given the state the park has been in. It's sad that I'll probably never ride one of these. It's a shame that the flat rides are probably leaving. The Round-Up was a rare kind I haven't seen very often, Twister wasn't anything too exciting but it was really weird and cool, and the old sketchy Octopus rides are way crazier than the newer models.

Skydiver was closed when I went. Unfortunately not surprising at all given the state the park has been in. It's sad that I'll probably never ride one of these. It's a shame that the flat rides are probably leaving. The Round-Up was a rare kind I haven't seen very often, Twister wasn't anything too exciting but it was really weird and cool, and the old sketchy Octopus rides are way crazier than the newer models.

I freaking LOVED the Octopus there!

Easily the best ride with the craziest cycle in the park. I also wish that there were more of these models versus the Spider models. While I like the Spider rides, the Octopus rides crap all over Spider's.

I like Skydiver rides too, but you had to have two people to ride and there was NO WAY that Michael was going on it with me. He shares the same thought about the Zipper too - hence the reason why I haven't been on either in many, many years.

• 2 months later...