TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rank the coaster paint schemes at your home park

Yeah this is a dumb thread but this board has been deadsville. If your local doesn't have multiple coasters use the closest park that does. We're ranking by colors, not whether it needs a touchup/is rusting away to pieces. Though if you wanna moan about it, I'm not stopping ya.

Great Adventure: (best to worst)

Bizarro - sucker for blue and purple. I hate the original Medusa colors

Nitro - yeah its rusted to hell but I like the color combo

Joker - it fits

Crazy Train - new combo is awesome. love the black/red.

RRR - our only all blue coaster

Green Lantern - while the ride is awful the color suits the theme more than any other in the park.

Superman - I hate red/white/blue together but it fits.

Kingda Ka - it should be orange. Fight me.

Runaway Mine Train - Its fine for a mine train I guess but a bright red would really pop

Batman - I hate that this coaster is yellow. It just doesn't fit the theme to me. I'd love it if it was some kind of combo of dark blue/black/silver/etc.

* not including Toro, Skull or Dark Knight for obvious reasons but if I included Toro it would be between Nitro and Joker just because it looks like a classic unpainted wooden coaster, as it should.

What really grinds my gears @ Great Adv is the yellow of Nitro and Batman next to each other and the green of GL and Ka next to each other.

Your turn!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hershey Park

1. Fahrenheit- Love the orange and blue, especially in that compact layout

2. Skyrush- The yellow and sky blue work well together, especially on the lift hill.

3. Great Bear- All black invert ftw

4. SDL- Blue works really well with orange trains

5. Sidewinder- All black boomerang ftw

6. Stormrunner- Red and white is pretty good

7. Comet- White supports are cool

8. Wild Mouse- Blue supports are cool

9. Trailblazer- Black is kind of bland at this point

Note: Didn't include the woodies, Laff Trakk, or Cocoa Cruiser. Cocoa Cruiser would go right below Skyrush, though.

Knotts:

Xcelerator- I LOVE the pink and blue, it fits the theme and area

Coast Rider- Yellow+Light Grey= Good Color Scheme

Boomerang- I like that it is different than the Red and Orange paint that has overtaken Knott's coasters, so it'd rank higher than at a park with more Diversity with paints

Silver Bullet- In my opinion, it fits super well with the whole Ghost Town theme, but that's a VERY unpopular opinion

Sierra Sidewinder- I feel like it pops and it looks nice, really, if I got to pick it's color scheme, I'd go for Dark Green and Brown, but that's just a me thing

Timberline Twister- Looks nice, nothing much more

Pony Express- It's ok, I'm not a huge fan

Jaguar- Orange and Creme don't mix well, and it seems kinda drab. I think that ever having this ride was a bad choice, so the paint doesn't have

Monte- EWWWWWWWW. The orange looks horrendous. You can't have a Rougasnooze paint job in a Mexican themed area, it just looks bad. If it was the yellow like before, it'd be really high up on the list. They took away really 1 of the 3 non Red, Orange, Yellow coasters at Knotts and repainted it so it doesn't fit and looks ugly. Why Knotts?! Why?! I do KNOTT like this new color scheme *pardon the pun*

(I know I didn't include Ghostrider due to the fact that it isn't painted, if I had to it'd go in between Timberline and Pony)

SFSTL:

Batman the Ride. I love how it's still black

Boomerang: the colors really fits well

Mr. Freeze: I like it better than the SFOT one

Screamin' Eagle: Classic colors, Classic coaster

Pandemonium: Good colors

RKMT: Rusting away, but I like it for some reason

Ninja: Meh. The colors are basic

American Thunder/Boss: no colors, just plain wood

Six Flags Great America:

1. X-Flight - looks kickass, water effects need to come back

2. Goliath - ^

3. V2 - Yellow track + Dark blue supports is a cool color scheme

4. Batman: The Ride - Always thought it looked pretty nice, though the black would've been better imo

5. Whizzer - suits the foresty area it sit's in and looks great

6. Spacely's Sprocket Rockets - I honestly like the white track + green supports lol

7. Viper - Classic

8. Demon - nice colors

9. The Dark Knight - Yes, an indoor coaster is ranked at #9 out of 15 because most of the coasters in this park look like sh*t

10. Raging Bull - Best coaster at the park (Opinion), dried out color scheme. It'd look better if they gave it a touch up, or maybe if they changed the support color to red.

11./12 Both sides of American Eagle - needs paints

13. Little Dipper - I preferred the original color scheme at Kiddieland

14. Joker - In the minority here but I don't care for the theme or colors.

15. Superman - Hasn't been painted since 2003....

The funny thing is that all the coasters that have been removed from the park had the best color schemes. (Shockwave, Deja Vu, Iron Wolf, etc.)

Edited by RollingCoasting

^ My favorite scheme for the Batman clones was always the gray/silver color.

Canobie Lake Park

Untamed- The ride's woodsy paint scheme is outstanding. Really fits in with the area and I especially love the birch-themed supports.

Corkscrew- The sky blue looks great even though I'm still not entirely used to it being that color.

Yankee Cannonball- Great looking trains and I really like the color white on classic wooden coasters.

Dragon Coaster- Very generic black.

Six Flags New England

Superman- I'm so glad they restored this to the red and blue that Superman should be. This scheme really stands out and looks great.

Mind Eraser- Similar colors to Superman but a much suckier ride. Can't knock the appearance though.

Catwoman's Whip- I like the subtle paint scheme and how it works with shady area near it.

Batman- Solid colors for a Batman ride. Looks much better now without Bizarro due to the proximity to that overbanked turnaround.

Thunderbolt- White is great on classic woodies.

Wicked Cyclone- Not a big fan of the gray supports but the red rails are nice.

Gotham City Gauntlet- Ok color scheme.

Goliath- I like the kelly green and royal blue support, but don't like the single color green track/green supports on the vertical lifts.

Pandemonium- Really weird color scheme. It stands out for sure though.

Great Chase- Don't really like having the track and supports the same color.

Flashback- This looks like a McDonald's with the red and yellow. Not a fan.

Knott's Berry Farm

1. Silver Bullet. Ignoring the hideous all-red lift hill, I absolutely love the red/yellow/silver/teal combo. It's extremely unique and very pleasing to the eye.

2. Boomerang. It's a terrible ride, but the colors are fantastic. If only it rode as good as it looks.

3. Pony Express. Again, it's a lackluster ride, but the colors fit the theme and area of the park perfectly.

4. Coast Rider. Definitely a "California" coaster that has a perfect boardwalk/beach colors.

5. Monte. The new orange and dark green is alright. I think I'm more hung-up on the fact that the park has another orange coaster more than the actually color scheme itself. It's growing on me.

6. Sierra Sidewinder. Like others, I would love to see this coaster with a green and brown scheme that blends in with the trees and Camp Snoopy. Other than that, it's similar to Pony and Monte and is what it is.

7. Xcelerator. The pink and teal totally fits the '50s theme, but I don't know, it's just become so faded over the years. It's definitely a unique scheme (really only comparable to the former Carolina Cobra colors), but I'd love to see it repainted, even if it's the same colors.

8. Jaguar. While the tan supports are a MILLION times better than the blue, the coaster is just an eyesore for me. I guess I dislike it because it has awkward-looking supports that stand right over the walkway more so than the scheme itself. It's another orange...what can I say.

I left out GhostRider for obvious reasons and Timberline Twister because who cares.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

1. Twisted Colossus - Really like the colors

2. X2 - It fits. The red and black is such an improvement over the pink and yellow.

3. Superman: Escape from Krypton - I love the red blue and yellow scheme. It just looks really good.

4. Green Lantern - I may not like it, but it fits.

5. Riddlers Revenge - I like green.

6. Batman the Ride - It looks good in blue.

7. Ninja - The colors fit the ride well.

8. New Revolution - I generally don't like white on coasters, but it just really works on New Revolution. I just can't see it any other color. Plus, the little bit of blue on the loop is nice.

9. Goliath - Orange and blue suit it well.

10. Scream - I preferred the old colors, but at least they repainted it.

11. Viper - The colors aren't really bad, but this ride needs a new paint job and it needs one badly.

12. Tatsu - Again, new paint job.

13. Goldrusher - Eh. Not bad in yellow. But it's just...forgettable.

14. Full Throttlle - I'm not a fan of white.

Not doing wooden coasters or kiddy coasters.

*Edit: Doh completely missed the rank in order part... fixed now!*

If your local doesn't have multiple coasters use the closest park that does.!

Well, I don't have a home park so I'll use Tusenfryd as I've done for the other games like this.

SuperSplash - My favorite color scheme at Tusenfryd. The yellow, red and brown boats works really well with the blue track and red supports.

Speed Monster - The colors are pretty good, but I wish it was a little bit brighter. Maybe it's because the track is starting to get somewhat faded that I feel this, but even so it doesn't stand out as much as I would want the parks star attraction to do. The red train looks good against the blue track, but the grey train is quite dull looking.

Loopen - I love the bright yellow Arrow train which always looks like it's straight out of the factory. I like the red track, but I also wish this one was a little brighter.

Thundercoaster - Standard unpainted wooden coaster which looks pretty good. Green and red trains which is a pretty safe choice, but not the most exciting.

Dvergbanen - All red track/supports, which is fairly alright. I like the different bright colors on the cars.

Western-Expressen - A very dull brown/grey color scheme, but it makes sense given the theming of the area of the park.

Edited by viking86

Cedar Point:

1. GateKeeper

2. Millennium Force

3. Raptor

4. Wicked Twister

5. Rougarou

6. Valravn

7. Maverick

(Big Drop Off)

8. Magnum XL-200

9. Blue Streak

10. Corkscrew

11. Top Thrill Dragster

12. Iron Dragon

(All a muddled, muddy mess of brown and blah)

-Woodstock's Express

-Gemini

-Wilderness Express

-Cedar Creek Mine Ride

The bottom line, as somebody who actually really appreciates the color and overall "look" of coasters more than the average person, is that Cedar Point is woefully lacking in the color - particularly the "good looking and inventive" color - department. That's clearly NOT why it's one of my favorite amusement parks! About the only coaster at CP I would put in the category of "Beautiful", from a coaster appearance standpoint, is GateKeeper. Not only are the colors great, the look, and location of the coaster is perfect as well! But again... Coaster color appreciation isn't really why I go to CP, so...

Worlds of Fun

Patriot: One of the coolest paint schemes in the U.S. Love the white stripe in the middle of the red track really pulls the patriotic theme together.

Boomerang: Recently repainted and still has a wacky fun paint scheme. Love the hot pink/lime green trains.

Cosmic Coaster: Just love the entirely deep blue scheme.

Spinning Dragons: Pretty much the exact same colors as Boomerang but a little muted. Trains don't pop as much.

Mamba: Love the red track hyper coaster look. but it is overused and bland.

Prowler: Track isn't painted, but the trains are stunning.

TimberWolf: No paint with red PTC's.

I'm sorry, but this thread would be so much better if there were pictures of the paint schemes. Words are fine, but a picture is worth a thousand words.

So why don't you go post pictures of every single coaster that people have posted so far?

1. Space Mountain - Darkness.

2. Big Thunder Mountain - Looks like train tracks or something.

2. (tie) Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - Looks like train tracks or something.

2. (tie) Expedition Everest - Looks like train tracks or something.

3. Barnstormer - Um...hang on let me go Google it even though I walked right past it twice last night! lol

4. Rock N Roller Coaster - Darkness. But in a Vekoma sort of way

Edited by robbalvey

I'm sorry, but this thread would be so much better if there were pictures of the paint schemes. Words are fine, but a picture is worth a thousand words.

Fine. I re-did mine....

523224111_spacemountain.thumb.jpg.a5cbfbacebd8c4935cbdb54793393fd9.jpg

1. Space Mountain - Darkness.

img_0261_115.jpg.ad5e04dabb87a9b86547124c2f7d4ed1.jpg

2. Big Thunder Mountain - Looks like train tracks or something.

thumb_img_9292_1.jpg.41dd61aea47c9db803adbd6a189a8c55.jpg

2. (tie) Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - Looks like train tracks or something.

840p2235439.jpg.480f90221b0cf28c52e4b80c57d90403.jpg

2. (tie) Expedition Everest - Looks like train tracks or something.

dsc04578.jpg.79d254a354a68824ed9eaf628b3a5691.jpg

3. Barnstormer - Um...hang on let me go Google it even though I walked right past it twice last night! lol

(Oh, yeah, it looks like that!)

1984428472_rocknrollercoaster.thumb.jpg.28d879d62e39e5a73e5fa86eaef3d0c4.jpg

4. Rock N Roller Coaster - Darkness. But in a Vekoma sort of way

Edited by robbalvey

1.) X-Flight - This looks amazing and it fits the theme perfectly!

2.) Superman - It has awesome colors. Now they just need to be not so faded.

3.) V2 - Really like this color combo! (Needs a repaint really badly.)

4/5.) Eagle - The classic red, white, and blue looks really nice. It makes it look so much older than it really is.

6.) Little Dipper - Like the classic look but the baby blue doesn't look as good as it did at Kiddieland.

7.) Whizzer - Blends into to the area quite nicely.

8.) Demon - Love the classic look but it could use some red.

9.) Viper- Looks good for what it is.

10.) Raging Bull - Don't know what other color would fit the theme, but the maroon/pink and orange just isn't cutting it.

11.) Goliath - Am I the only one who thinks that orange track is kind of ugly?

12.) Joker - Really like the two tone track but Total Mayhem still looks cooler.

13.) Batman: The Ride - looks alright, but would rather have the original colors.

14.) Spacely's Sprocket Rockets - Not a fan of the green and white and it looks awful

15.) The Dark Knight - Duh

Carowinds

1. Fury 325 - I mean, duh.

2. Afterburn - Airplane Coaster #1's gray and blue looks great and is pretty unique, the red and yellow highlights really pop, and it all works perfectly for the theme.

3. Flying Cobras - Airplane Coaster #2 also has some nice theming details that make it pop.

4. Intimidator - Not the most original color scheme, but it works well for the Earnhardt theme, and its red is a nice complement to Fury's teal and green.

5. Ricochet -Blue, dark teal, and lime green makes for an attractive and unique scheme.

6. Nighthawk - The one good thing about the ride is that it's all bright and pretty at the front of the park.

7. Vortex - not bad or anything, but I hope its floorless incarnation gets something unique from the other rides in the park. Carowinds could use some purple.

8. Woodstock Express - Oh wait, Carowinds does have a little bit of purple! I like this better than the bright blue of its sibling coasters.

9&10: Hurler and Goldrusher - Unpainted wood looks like unpainted wood.

11. Flying Ace Aerial Chase - Airplane Coaster #3's colors fit no theme, and yellow and orange is a garish combination.

12. Lucy's Crabbie Cabbie - Having the track and supports in the same color is always a bad scheme. I was about to say it's the worst possible way to paint a coaster, but then I remembered...

13. Carolina Cyclone. WTF? I know old Arrow loopers aren't the best rides, but it did nothing to deserve this sort of indignity.

I'd post pictures, but, honestly, the Vegas coasters are some of the most photographed in the world.

1. Desperado: That yellow and tan looks phenomenal set against the desert sunset. It may be a brutal ride, but it looks great!

2. El Loco: Since it's still brand new, the Yellow/Black looks really sharp, especially against the majority pink/brown of the Dome.

3. Manhattan Express/Big Apple Coaster: Yes, it's terrible, but the red still pops nicely against the backdrop at least!

4. Canyon Blaster: The infamous pink monster. It's ghastly, but it's still instantly recognizable.

5. Miner Mike/Dragon Wagon: All black and, uh, all black. Woo.

You know thats a great idea I didnt think of. But you're on a computer and that computer likely has google.

Of all the coasters at SFA, I personally think that Apocalypse has one of the coolest color schemes on a coaster in a long time. Which makes it a shame that it's such a crappy ride IMO. So I would rank it as #1.

#2 would be Joker's Jinx - tertiary color schemes always work out well (on most rides at least) and the purple and green go nicely here.

#3 would be Batwing - again, another color combo where the colors play off of each other and accentuate each other making for a nice visual statement.

#4 Ragin Cajun - green & yellow is OK (with the magenta accent on the trains) - not great but not horrible either. If Two-Face was still at the park I'd place it in the #4 slot above RC with its orange and teal scheme.

#5 and the bottom of the barrel - Mind Eraser. I kinda liked its old 1950's color combo of teal and bright red, but this current hotdog and mustard mix up is just putrid. They have taken a crummy coaster and made it even worse with a barf-inducing pallete. Most anything would be better - even black and white or the ubiquitous red and white.

I did not rank the woodies in with these because the colors for them tend to be quite limited, but I would put Wild One over Roar because I like white painted woodies better than natural woodies.

Silver Dollar City:

1. Wildfire - Fake rust FTW!

2. Powder Keg - Same kind of rusty brown as Wildfire, but with a classy white track

3. Thunderation - Rusty metal tracks on brown wood supports

4. Outlaw Run - Brown track on brown wood supports

5. Grand Exposition Coaster - Classy dark green!

6. Fire in the Hole - I honestly have no idea what colour the track is. As many times as I've ridden it, I've never bothered to find out.

I already did one for my home Park but I like doing this sooo

Busch Gardens Williamsburg:

1. Tempesto- Teal and orange are awesome together. Go Dolphins.

2. Apollo's Chariot- Purple and yellow are also awesome.

3. Griffon- Love the blue, light blue supports make it better.

4. Alpengeist- White track, teal supports. Looks great.

5. Loch Ness Monster- Yellow works, and it's iconic, so I like it.

6. InvadR- Light brown looks cool, especially with steel supports.

7. Grover- Good for a kid's coaster, but if it were any bigger I'd hate it.

8. Verbolten- Grey is kind of bland, kind of wish they encorperated yellow into the track.