TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How many North American Wooden Coasters have you ridden??

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoops. Forgot to count Little Dipper at SFGAm so I'm actually at 47.

I'm also trying to figure out the discrepancy in my personal count this one. Between defunct and counting coasters like Rebel Yell and Racer as two, I still seem to be off by one. Oh well.

^ I noticed that coaster as well as the park itself gets a lot of hype even more then Cedar Point at times it seems. I never been there so I wouldn't know of course but why does that park get so much hype? I'm genuinely curios by the way Im not trying to put the place down I'm just wondering. My favorite wooden coaster so far is Goliath at Great America but I'm sure it will change in the future hopefully(Im looking at you El toro Lightning Rod or future Mean Streak!)

Knoebel's makes you feel like you've transported back in time to the way a local amusement park operated in the 1960s. The food is fantastic, the rides are impeccably maintained and each turned up to 11, all set in a neon paradise. It's hard to explain the feeling you get until you visit it for yourself.

It's not the amusement park we need, but the one we deserve.

interesting. Is it also complete with the old fashioned carnival music that plays through out the park too? Like the amusement parks and carnivals you seen in cartoons and tv shows. Yet in real life you usually only hear typical radio music through out most parks and carnivals.

interesting. Is it also complete with the old fashioned carnival music that plays through out the park too? Like the amusement parks and carnivals you seen in cartoons and tv shows. Yet in real life you usually only hear typical radio music through out most parks and carnivals.

You'll have all of the old fashioned carnival music your heart desires.

• 1 month later...

^Partially inspired by this thread, I'm making a random goal of trying to get 10 new wooden coaster credits this year. InvadR should be easy. The other ones that are possibilities are Swamp Fox, the ones at Camden, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Rod, and Thunderhead.