TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How many North American Wooden Coasters have you ridden??

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a LOT of impressive users participating in this thread - Well done, everyone!

In addition to just loving riding coasters, I enjoy the collection part and learned history of coasters too. I feel like wooden coasters fulfill those secondary interests of mine a little more than steel. Each wood coaster feels a little more unique and almost less permanent than steel.

112 of 126 items (89%)

I will being doing all three of the new for 2017 and at least 5 maybe 6 that i'm missing. The 2 Canada ones i'm missing and one mexico won't happen for a few years.

Washington state fair will likely be the last one in the US that I ride.

Of the currently operating woodies, I have been on 65 out of 126. That is 52%. Of course, I have been on some woodies that have either been removed (Geauga Lake coasters and others) or converted to steel coatsers (Texas Giant, Mean Streak). Out of 463 people who have done this so far, I am at #50 on the list. I am also in the Top 11%.

22 (17%) - It's a shame the west coast lacks woodies! 6 in California, 1 in Washington, 1 in Vancouver, BC, and the 2 out at Silverwood, ID. Plus, with the loss of Mean Streak and the opening of TC a couple of years ago, my count (of operating coasters) has taken a bit of a hit.

54 of 126 items (43%)

Guess I have a ways to go. Some of them I had the opportunity to ride, like the Woodstock Express coasters at Kings Dominion and Kings Island, but I'm kind of whatever about the "kiddie woodies". (I did ride the one at Carowinds, though)

7/126:

Thunderbolt, Original Cyclone (SFNE)

Mean Streak, Blue Streak (CP)

Boulder Dash, Wildcat (Lake Compounce)

Yankee Cannonball (Canobie)

Will hopefully be adding on El Toro in July - Heading to Great Adventure right before 4th of July.

Depending on price and planning, may hit up Apocalypse at MM or Ghostrider at Knotts when I take my SoCal trip

38 so far for me, so just about one-third of them (Rank: #98 of 548 users (top 19%)). Not too bad I guess, and it's probably around 40 or so if I add in ones that aren't open anymore.

I would've loved for it to say 39, but oh, that tricky Lightning Rod didn't want to play nice when we visited Dollywood last year!

I should add the Woodstock Express(when it was the Beastie,yea it was that long since i been to KI) to my wooden coaster list too. I decided not to include it because I was to embarrassed...............lol When I went on it I was 14 and the coaster isnt even really geared for that age. I mean anyone could ride it yea but I assume its more like a "training" coaster. Like the age 5 to 9/10 range. My friend who was with me at the time dragged me on it because she so wasnt a coaster ride like me...Kind a lame if you ask me....not the ride but a mediocre ride partner.(no offence to her...) However the ride itself wasnt to bad and caught me by surprise. I thought it would be boring but was actually kind of fun for a junior coaster.

I should add the Woodstock Express(when it was the Beastie,yea it was that long since i been to KI) to my wooden coaster list too. I decided not to include it because I was to embarrassed...............lol When I went on it I was 14 and the coaster isnt even really geared for that age. I mean anyone could ride it yea but I assume its more like a "training" coaster. Like the age 5 to 9/10 range. My friend who was with me at the time dragged me on it because she so wasnt a coaster ride like me...Kind a lame if you ask me....not the ride but a mediocre ride partner.(no offence to her...) However the ride itself wasnt to bad and caught me by surprise. I thought it would be boring but was actually kind of fun for a junior coaster.

Eventually you'll learn that size doesn't matter. A good coaster is a good coaster.

And the folks on here who have really high credit counts? You can bet your ass a good chunk of them are kiddie coasters!

The Zephyr, Pontchartrain Beach

Zephyr, Jr., Pontchartrain Beach

Mega Zeph, SFNO

Texas Cyclone, AstroWorld

Collosus(both sides), SFMM

Apocalypse, SFMM

Psyclone, SFMM

Giant Dipper, Belmont Park

GhostRider, Knott's Berry Farm

RollerCoaster, Lagoon

Twister 2, Elitch Gardens

Cyclone, Lakeside

Zingo, Bell's

Nightmare, Joyland

Blue Streak, Conneaut Lake Park

Zippin Pippin, Libertyland

....thats all my woodies, but I do have 214 steel coasters under my belt

I got 83 out of 126, but health issues largely have kept me away from amusement parks in the past couple years, save for a few local ones and two very worthwhile trips to Orlando, so most of my credits are older. Still fun to learn that I've ridden two-thirds of the wooden coasters in North America.

93 here.

Robb, I last rode Tree Topper at Upper Clements back in 2000. At the time, it was a fun, quirky ride. I have no idea how it's running now. It's a hard credit to plan due to location. Nothing else around. I did it on a big New England trip and then crossed over to Nova Scotia, then hit a credit in New Brunswick before working back through Canada stopping in Quebec City, Montreal and Canada's Wonderland.

About the same number as the other list I did:

Score: 17 of 126 (13%)

Woo Hoo!

This time you win, only 12 for me!

I actually went back to it, and found two more coasters I'd ridden!

So it's now 19 of 126. (And #743 of 1,458 users.)

Well, actually, this year I should be getting at least 2 new woodies: Apocalypse at SFMM, and El Toro at SFGAdv. My first GCI, actually. Would Twisted Colossus count as wood? I'm pretty sure that's classified as steel. So, after MM, my total woodie count would be...

9!!!

Yeah, not too great...