TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR: Fiesta Fest-Day Two (SFFT)

Few days late on getting this up, but better late than never I always say.

Since I did not have to be at the park till about 10 am and it was about six miles down the road, I used that time to finish the Day One Trip report and enjoy a cup of coffee or two. Just the shear thought of doing a TR about one of my trips was amazing in itself since I average maybe one a year if I am lucky (This being #3 this year).

I got to the park around tenish and headed towards the main entrance. I noticed my good friend Judi and her family where buying 2006 Six Flag Season passes for 46.95, but the only drawback was the park could not process them till next year. Since I live in North Carolina that would do me no good what so ever. So I voted that idea off the island without much thinking.

I entered the park and just milled around till it was the dreaded group photo in the area where all the bricks that have the names of each county in Texas. To my surprise, there was a ladder so the person that was going to take the pic could get it done in a hurry. Once again I was thinking this pic was going to take forever but after just a mere two snaps it was done and we where off to the Morning ERT that consist of Superman Krypton Coaster and the tour off the cliffs above the waterfalls. I was looking more forward to the tour than riding Superman Krypton Coaster, so after about three laps I decided that was enough of it and it was time for the ride up to the cliffs to snap afew pics.

I rode up with Judi and her family in one of the minivans provided by the park for the tour. I took afew pics on the drive up around the Rattler and was dropped off near the shack that sits on top of the cliff near the waterfalls are. If my memory serves me, this is where the end of the night fireworks show takes place. I did not catch it when I was at the park afew years ago due to time and travel.

It was a great view from the top. I hear that 90% of the people that work at Fiesta Texas have not even been up there. It is such ashame since it is a great view of the park and the coasters from a spot that the average person does not have access to. I will upload afew this evening.

After hanging out up there for a mere 30 minutes, it was time to head back down to the area around Superman. To my surprise, the park had got the swings and the Top Spin open early for us. It is nothing like so ERT on the Top Spin. Again I am a sucker for a Top Spin and the odds of getting ERT on a Top Spin is about zero to none with my luck. SO then came the end of all the planned things that was Fiesta Fest 2006.

So I grabbed a bit to eat when the park opened with Judi and friends after a spin on the Bug's Log Flume. And it was decided that it was time to head over to Seaworld Texas for the remainder of the day. After a great day and a half at Fiesta Fest, I have to say that it was really worth the money spent to go.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SFFT is one of my favorite Six Flags parks. Although it doesn't have a ton of coasters, then scenery there is just amazing to me, there something about being at the bottom of that quary that just makes for a really cool place to build a park. They need more waterfalls there though, as they look really cool comming all the way down from the top of the quary. The last time I was there was when Superman was new, its a good ride. It was so empty that day every thing was pretty much a walk on. And the Rattler wasn't too bad either, I just wish I could have ridden it before the shortened the first drop, I bet it would have made for a much better ride.