TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

When people ask us why we don't do TPR tours anymore...

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gone on 6 TPR Trips (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2014.) I, cannot for the life of me figure out what people felt the need to bitch about. The (don't be late for the bus and basically don't be an a$$hole) rules seemed pretty self explanatory and easy to follow. They were, without a doubt, the best vacations of my life and I miss going on them terribly.

Robb & Elissa have always been simply fantastic hosts and to say I was impressed with the amount of thought and work that went into the trips would be an understatement.

As far as Kristen - sweet holy mother of god - WTF was this dude thinking about? I traveled with her every summer for her first 5 years. She was always the absolute best behaved kid I had ever been around.

I know there were some socially "awkward" folks on the trips - but a majority of the people I met were a lot of fun and pretty awesome.

427918995_ScreenShot2017-01-24at18_36_58.png.4e5ad6c8a05f0548baf7852690b2883d.png

I don't understand the stupidity of some people. Why do they post publicly their "plans" to do things like circumvent or manipulate the Facebook community standards guide just to continue to harass us online? How dumb do you have to be?

Also, isn't that Robert guy like one of ACE's executive members or something? Not shocked in the least bit...

Edited by robbalvey

I stumbled upon the below video. Listen in at 2:00, then again at 3:30...

I can see how some immature butt-hurt kids can get offended by comments like this and blog their asses off, but there are also decent adult humans out there who respect the rules and regulations of theme parks, and want to be part of TPR. I just hope you realize that just because I haven't met you yet, doesn't make me an "internet a$$hole"

I honestly can't tell if you're joking or being serious. That whole commentary was a joke. Directed at people on the internet that take things too seriously. You got that, right? I can't tell if you do.

It's hard to tell if he's being serious or not. I wouldn't have taken him seriously until yesterday when someone flipped out on me and called me a racist for making a light hearted joke about Chinese food containing dogs and cats... I just don't know what to say to people, anymore.

^Speaking of that....does anyone know where the safe space thread is? Because you never know when someone will get offended or triggered. So we all need a nice safe space thread for us to go to you know? We dont want anyone triggered on here. If there isnt one yet Ill just start a safe space thread for all to enjoy! We can post pics of puppies kittens and rainbows.

This is the best thread on TPR and it just keeps getting better.

And none of the content is actually from us!

The fact that they think their group is private, and that you must have spies infiltrating their ranks when it's actually public...

giphy.gif

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP!

This is the best thread on TPR and it just keeps getting better.

And none of the content is actually from us!

The fact that they think their group is private, and that you must have spies infiltrating their ranks when it's actually public...

giphy.gif

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP!

Tinfoil hats are fun....

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 18.36.58.png[/attachment]

I don't understand the stupidity of some people. Why do they post publicly their "plans" to do things like circumvent or manipulate the Facebook community standards guide just to continue to harass us online? How dumb do you have to be?

Also, isn't that Robert guy like one of ACE's executive members or something? Not shocked in the least bit...

This is outright pathetic. These people like to embellish so many stories about you Robb and conspire against you and here they are embarrassing themselves by doing exactly what they want others to believe you do. It's the ol' pot calling the kettle black scenario. I think these people spend a good portion of each day obsessing over you. It's quite evident. The post from this guy along with the creepy email from the other guy is sick. Who would ever want to doing anything with these people? BTW, according to the ACE website, Robert is an Executive Committee member (ACE Region Director). Way to represent ACE. If this guy was you, those disgruntled people over at that "I hate TRP" FB page would suggest forwarding those comments to Six Flags and Disney.

Edited by Intaman

Speaking from personal experience of having my own YT channel is that there are two main hater classes:

The Jealous Joes: Those who thrive on envy to make themselves feel better about their inferiority complex no one cares about.

The Triggered Tribe: Maybe you said something harmless that somehow offended them in a video or a comment, and they go out of their way to let you know how triggered they are.

However, 90% of the time, these people often have a single motive: They're attention whores.

It shouldn't be a surprise that the view/comment ratio on YT videos is way out of proportion, even when accounting for when people watch videos more than once. This means there is a number of people, a large number of people, who watch a video, THINK TO THEMSELVES "Hey that was great!" or "OMG!!! that triggered me!!!!!!!!" and do not feel the need to type it in the comments. One of many reasons these people do it is because, as I said, is because they're just attention seeking morons.

Honestly, though, by exposing them and giving them attention, that only adds fuel to the fire, and that doesn't help the inflow of idiotic comments coming in on YT, FB and Forums alike.

But oh, boy, is it entertaining for me and all the other members of this forum to watch.

^Speaking of that....does anyone know where the safe space thread is? Because you never know when someone will get offended or triggered. So we all need a nice safe space thread for us to go to you know? We dont want anyone triggered on here. If there isnt one yet Ill just start a safe space thread for all to enjoy! We can post pics of puppies kittens and rainbows.

Edited by robbalvey

Internet...how does it work? This is some embarrassing A$$ poo-poo especially since we aren't talking about little kids here.

It's like I always say, you can't make this stuff up. But hey, more entertaining for the rest of us!

Edited by robbalvey

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this in the CP thread but it's probably more appropriate here...

And this is why we have a zero tolerance policy on stupidity in these forums. If you're going to post stuff JUST to "get banned" to brag about it on some idiot Facebook group then dammit, we will happily ban your stupid A$$...

978571732_ScreenShot2017-02-06at18_31_43.png.c9c90e37eafb5039984723c2e5d3e762.png

And this is why we have a zero tolerance policy on stupidity in these forums. If you're going to post stuff JUST to "get banned" to brag about it on some idiot Facebook group then dammit, we will happily ban your stupid A$$...

I would hate for my life to have so little meaning that getting banned from TPR for saying stupid crap on purpose gives me fulfillment in life.

It's very stupid of him to think of getting banned from here as an achievement

I would hate for my life to have so little meaning that getting banned from TPR for saying stupid crap on purpose gives me fulfillment in life.

I don't honestly believe that that was ever their intention. In most cases they probably never wanted to get banned but when they were banned for being stupid they decided that rather than own up to the fact that maybe they said something stupid or did something wrong they would go seek out an online support group that would tell them they were wonderful, "salute" them and tell them that it's not their fault (and subsequently make it TPR's fault). It's easier to blame someone else and go seeking approval / validation than it is to admit you f*cked up and either apologize or just acknowledge it move on.

I don't honestly believe that that was ever their intention. In most cases they probably never wanted to get banned but when they were banned for being stupid they decided that rather than own up to the fact that maybe they said something stupid or did something wrong they would go seek out an online support group that would tell them they were wonderful, "salute" them and tell them that it's not their fault (and subsequently make it TPR's fault). It's easier to blame someone else and go seeking approval / validation than it is to admit you f*cked up and either apologize or just acknowledge it move on.

THIS. You have captured the very essence of what is wrong with the world.

^^ Agree 100%. While there are certainly occasional examples of trolls creating accounts with the sole intent of posting incendiary comments in the hopes of "getting the ban hammer", I think most of the banned just don't properly let emotions dissipate before acting out. I'm sure that the initial moment of realizing you're banned is an emotional one, but instead of taking the time to cool off and doing some honest-to-God self-analysis to reflect on what they themselves may have done to cause it, they choose to let their emotion consume them and do further stupid stuff like posting stupid comments on their stupid pages to other stupid people about their stupid actions with some stupid rationalization how their stupid ass wasn't the stupid one at fault.

Accountability is a lost trait these days.