TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Winterfest at Paramount's Kings Island

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can tell you that this has been guests/locals #1 request ("Bring Back Winterfest") since the day Paramount discontinued it a decade ago.

I have very mixed feelings, based solely on cost.... Unlike the old Winterfest, which was included in your season pass, the new Winterfest is a separate cost of $18 even for pass holders (general public is something like $24 bucks!!!). I am hoping that for this price it's not only REALLY fun, but also "all inclusive". If you have to pay that, PLUS parking, PLUS pay for stuff like carriage rides, skating, etc, that is going to SUCK. People are already complaining about the price.

The Beach Waterpark has been doing a HolidayFest for the past few years and when we went a few years ago, it was insane. You had to pay to park, pay to get in, pay for hayride, pay to feed the farm animals..... luckily we had discounted admission coupons to start with.

I am sure we will go at least once or twice, and I know that, as with FearFest years back, they may rethink the separate admission cost after this season, but for this year be prepared for it to cost you $$ to go.

Shari "Hoping they have the Scrooge puppet that picks on people again" Shoufler

I have very mixed feelings, based solely on cost.... Unlike the old Winterfest, which was included in your season pass, the new Winterfest is a separate cost of $18 even for pass holders (general public is something like $24 bucks!!!).

Yeah, even with my Paramount's VIP pass, I still have to pay to get into Holiday Lights at Bonfante Gardens.

But if it means them making a buck to keep the event going... I'm all for it.

The last winterfest? wasnt that like in the 20th century. If im not mistaken this is the first time in a long time this event is happening at PKI AND PC so I think alot could have changed in how the event is taking place...

No coaster will be open for Winter Fest.

Don't count that possibility out.... there was more than one year during the last run of Winterfest where the weather heated up into the high 50s or 60s.... the ice in the rink melted and they went ahead and opened the Beast and a few other rides.

I think they are going to have more to do at this Winterfest than in years past.... I am excited to see it!

Shari

Flight of Fear?

Why not?

It's makes sense, I suppose, but I think it really depends on what sections of the park they will be using. Back in the 80'-90's when they did it (Winterfest) the Coney Mall area was closed except for carriage rides to go through, which frankly, gave me the creeps because I have this weird thing where I don't like to be in the park when the rides aren't going.

Anyway, enough of my neurosis..... back to the subject.....

I think this is going to be more geared to "entertainment" than thrill rides.

Shari