TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

^No, and yes, respectively, are the answers to your questions.

Hahaha. I think I spoke just a little too soon. SFDK posted on their Instagram "Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster coming your way SOON!"

Not that that tells us much, but hopefully they're getting close to solving whatever issues they've been having. I'm really crossing my fingers for it to be open when I'm there on the 23rd.

Sounds like the new Skywarp may be one of the worst investments SF has ever made. SFOT and SFGadv, respectively, have been having tons of problems with their new ABC Tourbillion rides. But apparently you guys are having even worse problems with your new Skyline attraction. I hope SF doesn't end up regretting that they bought these rides.

Edited by Sportsdude360

Sounds like the new Skywarp may be one of the worst investments SF has ever made. SFOT and SFGA, respectively, have been having tons of problems with their new ABC Tourbillion rides. But apparently you guys are having even worse problems with your new Skyline attraction. I hope SF doesn't end up regretting that they bought these rides.

Oh for goodness' sake, they're flat rides. Prototype flat rides. Prototype flat rides with a manufacturer warranty.

If you seriously think that a few flat rides that are having trouble getting running properly is going to cause Six Flags to go bankrupt (EDIT: talking in hyberbole, not literally), you need to go ride New Texas Giant or something and then reconsider what you were thinking.

Edited by A.J.

Sounds like the new Skywarp may be one of the worst investments SF has ever made. SFOT and SFGA, respectively, have been having tons of problems with their new ABC Tourbillion rides. But apparently you guys are having even worse problems with your new Skyline attraction. I hope SF doesn't end up regretting that they bought these rides.

Does anyone know if X2 was partially responsible for Six Flags going bankrupt? I'm guessing rides like Kingda Ka, El Toro, both Goliaths and Tatsu were probably responsible for SF going bankrupt.

Does anyone know if X2 was partially responsible for Six Flags going bankrupt? I'm guessing rides like Kingda Ka, El Toro, both Goliaths and Tatsu were probably responsible for SF going bankrupt.

X2 bankrupt Arrow, you're right about the rest

^Yes. Sort of. Six Flags went bankrupt in the 2000's due to both overinvestment and underinvestment. In the early 2000's, Six Flags built massive attractions at several of their parks, often with massive budgets. There was just no way these investments could make back their budget in the short term. This is to say nothing about all the useless licencing they bought up.

While some parks were seeing major investments, other parks were pretty much being ignored, seeing falling attendance. The most notable example was Astroworld, but there were a few others in the chain.

Six Flags was responsible for Six Flags going bankrupt.

Media day for Harley Quinn is on the 27th.

Will this be the last new for 2018 attraction to open in the chain this year?

Well yes and it just got delayed again as Media Day was postponed to an unknown date

Did it get postponed again after the 27th? I'm going next week and doubt I'd be riding it anyway, but I'd like to see it. Mostly I'm hoping that I'm not there right after it opens because I'd rather not have additional crowds from a brand new ride.

^That was my initial thought because the back car looked pretty “off” from what I can see from the gate and through the structure. It probably isn’t, but it was really squeaking and making noise earlier today on those hills so it is simply a possibility that crossed my mind.

Has this coaster valleyed on those hills before? This is my first time at the park so I’m not sure what to expect.

^That was my initial thought because the back car looked pretty “off” from what I can see from the gate and through the structure. It probably isn’t, but it was really squeaking and making noise earlier today on those hills so it is simply a possibility that crossed my mind.

Has this coaster valleyed on those hills before? This is my first time at the park so I’m not sure what to expect.

from what I've been told from a ride op on the ride is that if one of the operators takes their finger off the dispatch button too early the ride will end up getting stuck before the lift. This has happened a few times so far.

Has [Joker] valleyed on those hills [before the lift] before? This is my first time at the park so I’m not sure what to expect.

from what I've been told from a ride op on the ride is that if one of the operators takes their finger off the dispatch button too early the ride will end up getting stuck before the lift. This has happened a few times so far.

I've done something similar operating an Arrow Wild Mouse. Fortunately the car could be pushed from the station platform so that it could go to the lift (much to the chagrin of the platform operator )