TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Like most others, I don’t really care if people choose to count this as a credit or not. But this is definitely WAY more of a coaster than the Super Loops, so I can see both sides.

Honestly, though I'm not about to debate anyone on it, I do consider these to be coaster credits. I think what has happened with me is I now believe in adding roller coaster sub categories, and that makes it easier to not have my head explode every time a ride like this comes out.

Like most others, I don’t really care if people choose to count this as a credit or not. But this is definitely WAY more of a coaster than the Super Loops, so I can see both sides.

Honestly, though I'm not about to debate anyone on it, I do consider these to be coaster credits. I think what has happened with me is I now believe in adding roller coaster sub categories, and that makes it easier to not have my head explode every time a ride like this comes out.

Lol. I'm sort of the same way.

I basically just go off of RCDB. If they count it, I count it. That's the easiest way for me to keep track. But in the end, it's just personal preference.

I honestly was surprised to see they put it on RCDB. I'll have to see video of it/actually ride it to understand better why they did this.

Horrible example (or not?) but I look at this kinda like the "did I lose my virginity?" argument. If you feel it's a coaster when you ride it, then for you it is. Just because it isn't a coaster for someone else, doesn't mean it's not for you

I don't think I will count it. Similarly, I don't plan to count alpine coasters either and they are on RCDB. But if you do, well now you have solid justification. Either way, you do you.

• 2 weeks later...
Visiting the Bay Area and was surprised to see no weekday operating hours for Discovery Kingdom despite the weather being in the high 50s/low 60s this time of year. Has it always been like this? Guess there’s always next time.

The weather here in the bay area fluxes a lot (one of the perks of living in the area), so it helps if the park keeps it scheduled standardized. They'd probably be fielding a lot more complaints with the schedule open during the winter time, and having to eventually close due to weather.

I just received an interesting invite for a FB event at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.

Six Flags Snow Day presented by Hallmark Channel

Be a part of the most epic Snow Day EVER at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, presented by Hallmark Channel!

Visit the park on Saturday, Dec. 9 to be a part of a fun winter's day filled with thrills, chills and THE WORLD'S LARGEST SNOWBALL FIGHT!

To participate, arrive at the park approximately one hour before scheduled park opening (gates will open at 12:30 p.m.) to receive your special event wristband. Be among the first 200 guests and you may receive a special Snow Day surprise while supplies last.*

All guests must be present at check-in to receive their event wristband and must have valid park admission to participate.

SPREAD WARMTH AND SAVE BIG ON SIX FLAGS SNOW DAY

Help give back to those in need of the items required to keep warm all winter long! Donate new, unworn, warm clothing at the park's front gate on Dec. 9 and receive 40% off park admission to participate in Six Flags Snow Day, presented by Hallmark Channel. All donations collected will be donated to the Salvation Army to help keep the nation warm this winter.**

NOTE: Snowball Fight will be a family-friendly event executed with kid-friendly plush snowballs while supplies last.

*Valid theme park admission ticket AND event wristband are required for entry. Each wristband allows one guest early entry to participate in the Snowball Fight. Check-in will begin one hour before scheduled park opening at the front gate entrance for event wristband distribution.

Totally wish I could go! This sounds awesome! Someone in the area should go and report back.

Does anyone know how long Wonder Woman, Boomerang, and Dare Devil have been down for? Thanks.

Boomerang and Dare Devil for yearly refurbishment and Wonder Woman for some unknown problem.

From what I have heard Wonder Woman needs a new motor already.

Does anyone know how long Wonder Woman, Boomerang, and Dare Devil have been down for? Thanks.

Boomerang and Dare Devil for yearly refurbishment and Wonder Woman for some unknown problem.

From what I have heard Wonder Woman needs a new motor already.

Wow, hope that's under warranty

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, it has been a long time since I have posted. I am new to Northern California and I was thinking about making a trip to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom this Monday (New Years Day). I have never been to SFDK before and I am just wondering what I should be expecting in terms of rides operating (or not operating) and crowds?

Just seeing if it is worth shelling out $90 for a day ticket and parking as well as a nearly 2 hour trip from the Santa Cruz area. Thanks for your help!

^If you’re going to spend $90 for a day ticket, just buy a season pass at that point. That is always the way to go with Six Flags. Plus, that pass can also get you into Magic Mountain if you ever find yourself available to head down there.

I can’t speak about crowds, since I’ve never been to the park, but I assume it will be crowded considering they are still open daily the week of New Years.