TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Let the speculation begin!

Am I the only one who thinks a Mega-lite on the water would be really good?

The neighbors on the hill across from the park (via Lake Chabot) are staunchly against anything with noise or height going by the lake. It would be spectacular to swing over the lake but alas, NIMBY neighbors. Plus there's the whole issue of disrupting animals but that's a whole "800 lb. gorilla" discussion.

Ah, the infamous "neighbors". Well they might as well be called "inconsiderate people who are against anything that would be great for anything because a slight portion of the lake would be covered by a great coaster". Oh well, thanks guys!

Let the speculation begin!

Am I the only one who thinks a Mega-lite on the water would be really good?

The neighbors on the hill across from the park (via Lake Chabot) are staunchly against anything with noise or height going by the lake. It would be spectacular to swing over the lake but alas, NIMBY neighbors. Plus there's the whole issue of disrupting animals but that's a whole "800 lb. gorilla" discussion.

You mean the lake that's full of green murky, allege infested water that the city of Vallejo uses for drinking water. Plus the neighbors being a water treatment plant. whatever. <_>

Anyways disrupting the animals has been, always will be a issue. I've never once saw the fennic fox/foxes next to the children's area, then I found out it's legal to own them as pets in some sates. Either way, I felt sorry for the fox/foxes.

Ugghh... how neighbors always ruin everything for theme parks.

Well, even if it can't be put on the lake, that space in the back that people have talked about looks good. I've recently noticed how big it is, and maybe it would fit something good...

I don't know of any space in the back. Behind Kong there is a human resources department and the 3D turbo theater that's been offline for the past 3 years now.

• 2 weeks later...

Ground work has begun on the New SKYSCREAMER!!

Captain Lee posted on the Facebook photo:

Isaac, we're not removing any rides

Kris, "Funstruction" hard hat time starts next week

So I think construction will start this week since the post was made last week!!

You know they could fill in the huge lake & that will open up tons of space for giant coasters. Screw the complaining neighbors.

In that sense, maybe both CGA and SFDK should build Superman: The Escape clones that travel right over or along the houses. Now, let's see them have something to complain about as each time the ride dispatches, they think a fighter jet is flying right above them.

Back to the StarFlyer, is it actually going to have Medusa wrap around it? From the pictures it looks like the tower could have the brake run, drop, and first corkscrew wrap around it. Now we'll have parking lot coasters and towers!

From the pictures they've been posting, I'm pretty sure Sky Screamer is going where the tram maintenance area is now. I'm pretty sure you'll have to go under the MCBR and corckscrew of Medusa to get to where Sky Screamer will be. See: http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=38.139497,-122.232401&spn=0.001175,0.001733&z=19

And: http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150126910197743&set=a.67563722742.94642.59636827742

And This: http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150090994801137&set=a.113754331136.92346.61485546136

Edited by R.C.

I suppose they could change the supports if they had to, but that would be expensive.

I didn't realize right away, but they have actually taken out all of the pavement in that area! Maybe they'll keep tearing up the pavement around the rest of Medusa

I suppose they could change the supports if they had to, but that would be expensive.

I didn't realize right away, but they have actually taken out all of the pavement in that area! Maybe they'll keep tearing up the pavement around the rest of Medusa

Mudusa would look pretty good then actully beening on land rather then what used to be staff and or pickup parking lot. Scream got negtive reviews for being a parking lot coaster, but mudusa doesn't. But that might be since Medusa was the only good steal coaster for a time. Not to mention it's a 8 min walk to Roar or V2.

But seriously mudusa with some kind of plant life would be good, maybe it can get some snake theme too.

• 3 weeks later...

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom posted this picture on their Facebook page yesterday. The entrance to SkyScreamer is going to go through what used to be a fountain and then was turned into a stage for different performances. So now we know where we'll have to go to get on the ride!

SkyScreamerUpdate1.jpg.a609d50a26ad8f9279d713bca38ef1bc.jpg

Photo Credit: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I happen to find the manufactures web site of the sky screamer and has information and pictures...etc. If you all did not know. They happen to call it Star Flyer. It is also has videos on You tube of the ride in different amusement park around the world that has the ride. Just type Star Flyer. This would give you an idea how Six Flags Sky Screamer will look. Copy link of the manufacturer link below and also You tube link. Just trying to past the information for those that did not know.

http://www.funtime.com.au/data/index2.htm

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=star+flyer&aq=1