TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

skip school....ride coasters!

Last year, me and a group of friends skipped school to go to Mt Olympus! That was a really fun day! Especially because we had like walk ons for Hades and the go-carts. They actually had to take some of the carts of because there wasn't enough people.

Hmmmm......*planning another Mt Olympus "school" trip*

too bad ya aren't going. Contrary to popular belief... SFMW is a hell of a lot better than PGA. Sure they have the most intense kids rides in the world, but that's all they have... you can't really call their stuff Thrill Rides. V2, Medusa, Roar, Taz Devil, Hammerhead Shark and VooDoo are way more thrilling than anything PGA has to offer... Hell, the Zonga concrete pad is more exciting than great america's rides.

BTW, check ALL Six Flags parks guys... All top spins in the chain are required to run that program. So don't get on MW's case like they are the only one. I just watch SFGAm's run the same program a month ago.

I was going to say... I've noticed this too on SF top spins. EVERY SF park I've been to runs a bad program, and two of the SF parks that have top spins I've never seen run them! (Former SFWOA and SFDL) Basically any top spin that's not Strate's shows manually run Huss top spin isn't going to even come close to the short, weak program that SF runs.

too bad ya aren't going. Contrary to popular belief... SFMW is a hell of a lot better than PGA. Sure they have the most intense kids rides in the world, but that's all they have... you can't really call their stuff Thrill Rides. V2, Medusa, Roar, Taz Devil, Hammerhead Shark and VooDoo are way more thrilling than anything PGA has to offer... Hell, the Zonga concrete pad is more exciting than great america's rides.

BTW, check ALL Six Flags parks guys... All top spins in the chain are required to run that program. So don't get on MW's case like they are the only one. I just watch SFGAm's run the same program a month ago.

I ditto on that also Ryan.

Yeah, dont worry Ryan you didnt miss much...except for there being no lines at all the entire day, an evil hot russian lady not letting me and kristie on the kiddie ride, a tiger pissing on a girl and much more. Ill post a trip report soon so you can see what you missed.

And i found a perfect place to throw you in front of ROAR

• 3 months later...

^ Announcement should come next month, but it looks like Best Western already got the heads up:

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=05585#null

Also, do a search on yahoo for SFDK and notice the first entry that comes up. So no official announcement yet, but this all is pretty solid evidence and confirms the original rumors.

• 2 weeks later...

Arent they trying to re-theme that whole park to "Discovery Kingdom?" I dont think Superman would fit in very well with that.... Then again, this is Six Flags.

-Justin "First one to call that this thread turns into the Mr. Freeze thread part 2" Seabaugh

Superman theme? Didn't GL's impulse used to be themed to Superman before the Cedar Fair purchase? At least they're trying something new.

It was/is still painted in the red and blue. They renamed it Steel Venom.....I know, puts fear into your heart!