TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

I would love to see a batman themed coaster over where the go carts are but deffinetly not a free fly. Maybe if the t-Rex track trend takes off in the six flags chain they could put it there.

Yeah I wouldn't count on that. I'm 99 percent sure there is a Batman Free Fly in the works for SFDK if SF holds to their pattern. There isn't one on the west coast yet.

Gotta agree that FreeFly is all but a given for this park. I'd say probably for 2018, and if not then definitely 2019. I think our best chance at getting a TRex is if they take out Kong or Boomerang, but I dont see that for another 4 years at least. This park really does have a string of great additions - Superman, Sky Screamer, Tsunami Soaker/Penguin, Joker, now Wonder Woman. Not too shabby at all.

Gotta agree that FreeFly is all but a given for this park. I'd say probably for 2018, and if not then definitely 2019. I think our best chance at getting a TRex is if they take out Kong or Boomerang, but I dont see that for another 4 years at least. This park really does have a string of great additions - Superman, Sky Screamer, Tsunami Soaker/Penguin, Joker, now Wonder Woman. Not too shabby at all.

Have to agree, SF has really done a solid job with this park's additions the last few years. IMO, they've really distanced themselves from CGA and made SFDK the premier amusement park in NorCal. The addition of a FreeFly coaster in a year or two will just make the divide between the parks even larger. I've read that CF has ambitious plans to grow CGA, but they've got a lot of ground to cover to compete with SFDK.

^I physically can't get there until December, that's why I ask. I don't want to purchase something that will essentially expire and go to waste. I e-mailed so hopefully I'll hear back from them, or maybe I can try to call.

And yes, I was able to get in with my e-mail and season pass info. Did you ever register your pass online? The deal was $49.99 and a few other things like in-park discounts.

I did register my pass online, but it seems like the form is down now. You can go to where you fill out your info, but it's blank.

^That's weird. Hopefully they get back to me but I'm thinking I can't purchase until I actually have plans to get to the park and process, although they should just let renewals happen entirely online. I can't be the only one who isn't able to get to Six Flags within the allotted window of time.

Have to agree, SF has really done a solid job with this park's additions the last few years. IMO, they've really distanced themselves from CGA and made SFDK the premier amusement park in NorCal. The addition of a FreeFly coaster in a year or two will just make the divide between the parks even larger. I've read that CF has ambitious plans to grow CGA, but they've got a lot of ground to cover to compete with SFDK.

YES!!

Also, for those of you who said there was no room between Superman and Joker, viola, room! If you look at that space from the top of Superman (or really any vantage point), you can see that it is a decent amount of unused space, especially after they cleared it for Joker construction. There's also perfect access to that location via path already between Joker and Superman. I would be very surprised if they did anything to the go-karts anytime soon as people who have worked for the park have mentioned how much of a moneymaker it is.

Also, for those of you who said there was no room between Superman and Joker, viola, room! If you look at that space from the top of Superman (or really any vantage point), you can see that it is a decent amount of unused space, especially after they cleared it for Joker construction. There's also perfect access to that location via path already between Joker and Superman. I would be very surprised if they did anything to the go-karts anytime soon as people who have worked for the park have mentioned how much of a moneymaker it is.

I think they'll move the go karts. I know those add on attractions are definitely money makers. But the go karts could easily take up space in the back of the park where the height restriction is lower, thus opening up the space where they are for the FreeFly.

^Except for the potential noise factor disrupting lake-goers and possible pollution (idk if the karts would leak any contaminants into the lake, depending on how close to the lake you're thinking). Moving the karts is conceivable and probably will happen eventually, but I highly doubt it this year.

SFDK just got back to me about the pass:

Thank you for contacting Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in regards to our Annual Flash Sale.

In order to receive the free upgrade to Gold, you will have to pick up your physical card by October 28th. However, if you have any friends in the area, they are also able to pick up the card on your behalf.

Thank You,

Membership Staff

That's good to hear!

The form for renewal flash is up again, but still doesn't link to anything. It looks like the renewal page flashes for 1/2 second, then goes back to the login page. Yes, I'm having a Six Flags day. I emailed support, but didn't hear anything back. Oh well. I guess I'll just buy it as a new pass.

Edited by jray21

I don't know how many of you have ridden a Zamperla Giant Discovery before. The only two currently existing in the US are Black Widow at Kennywood and Riddler Revenge at SFOT. But I can tell you this, they're absolutely FANTASTIC!!!! And I assume yours will come with the same killer light package that ours did down here in SFOT.

Right now Riddler is so popular that I would venture to say it stands along side NTAG as the two best rides we have in our park. Oh, and did I mention that at night Riddler is absolutely breathtaking with it's incredible led light show. There is nothing more brilliant than a nighttime ride on the Riddler. One woman came all the way from Kansas just to ride it during the VIP preview. She told me she had ridden it 36 times and was saddened that she couldn't stay and ride it more.

Having ridden maXair ar CP, I already had an idea what to expect. But let me tell you that the Zamperla Giant Discovery beats out the Huss Giant Frisbee. The ride feels faster and more intense, also, the seats and restraints are much more comfortable. To me, Riddler seemed to achieve more sheer height and weightless feeling than maXair. So, it's fair to say that you really have something to look forward too.

Basically just head to joker, superman, V2. And get them out of the way as that's where everyone else will go. After hat, medusa is always quick, she's a ppl eater. I recommend that you don't do Pacific Rim if it's open, waste of time. Umm, other than that, that's all I got.

Had a great day at the park. The lines were somehow either non existant or about 30 minutes (for the joker)

Speaking of the Joker, it felt wicked short and left me wanting more. Between it, Goliath at SFGAm, and Twisted Colussus, it's probably #3 just because it wasn't as intense and it didn't have as much thigh - bruising air time.

Rode my first Larson Loop, but I've never been a fan of flat rides since they just feel like a single experience repeated over and over again. The hang time was cool though.

And the butterfly reserve! So awesome!

Speaking of the Joker, it felt wicked short and left me wanting more. Between it, Goliath at SFGAm, and Twisted Colussus, it's probably #3 just because it wasn't as intense and it didn't have as much thigh - bruising air time

Does it feel like it ends faster than Goliath?

At the park today, and lines actually aren't too bad except for Season Pass Processing and food. Rode Superman, Joker, and V2...the first two were probably 45 minutes or so, and V2 was maybe 15.

Joker was really something! Definitely in my top 3.

More info coming later

SFDK just got back to me about the pass:

Thank you for contacting Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in regards to our Annual Flash Sale.

In order to receive the free upgrade to Gold, you will have to pick up your physical card by October 28th. However, if you have any friends in the area, they are also able to pick up the card on your behalf.

Thank You,

Membership Staff

So they confirmed exactly what they stated on the website!

Speaking of the Joker, it felt wicked short and left me wanting more. Between it, Goliath at SFGAm, and Twisted Colussus, it's probably #3 just because it wasn't as intense and it didn't have as much thigh - bruising air time

I don't know if it ends faster then Goliath as I haven't been on that. But I know The Joker can sometimes feel like it won't even make it up onto the break run. I guess when the track is "cold" and the train is only like half full. I think it's been getting more consistent in speed as the season has gone on. Meanwhile when its like 4 pm on a 85+ degree day and the train is near full. God the thing haul's butt trough the entire course. during those times it feels like it's less then even 50 seconds from the first drop.

^^it wasn't the date that I was questioning, it's whether I had to be present to renew. I never saw anything on the site that suggested a friend could do it for me. It was unclear to me if I had to be physically (as myself) at the park before Oct 28, but it sounds like I don't as long as someone does it for me (and I found someone who will). To me that was different than anything I read on the site so I appreciate the park's response.

I don't know if it ends faster then Goliath as I haven't been on that. But I know The Joker can sometimes feel like it won't even make it up onto the break run. I guess when the track is "cold" and the train is only like half full. I think it's been getting more consistent in speed as the season has gone on. Meanwhile when its like 4 pm on a 85+ degree day and the train is near full. God the thing haul's butt trough the entire course. during those times it feels like it's less then even 50 seconds from the first drop.

It seemed to be running more slowly again when I went on Saturday. I would hope and expect things to improve with time. Goliath is certainly more consistent.

I hope it will eventually reach a consistent speed. Last time I went, it felt like it was bruising my thighs...

I also hope they won't only run it with one train after Fright Fest. I want to marathon that ride all day with no wait!

I also hope they won't only run it with one train after Fright Fest. I want to marathon that ride all day with no wait!

Yeah given me and my dad didn't renew our passes for 2017 the price is fine but we are fine skipping a year. I'll be sure to try and get my fill on The Joker and that could very well largely rely on just what they are doing for "off season" operations. days in November and December are dead months usually, like half as crowded or even less then weekdays in summer.