TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

I can't imagine what VR on a SLC wound be like, how many people will get nauseous and throw up on the ride, or how many headsets will fly off people's heads during the ride. It almost sounds like its temporary from the announcement just for Fright Fest. I wonder if they are testing out what the guest reception is like before deciding if it is permanent.

I will throw in S&S drop tower/double shot as an idea, to go in the space between Joker and Superman. That land is already pretty clear since Joker construction, and it seems like a good place for a Justice League themed tower.

I've been calling for this for a while. Dig out a whole like 20 ft deep or so, add some basic smoke effects for the "launch" and theme it to Bizarre.

Here is a trip report for yesterday. Parking is now $25, which is ridiculous. We started off at The Joker. I asked if we could sit in the very back row, but they were doing assigned seating, so we got placed in the 2nd to last row. The ride itself was outstanding, with excellent hang time. Medusa’s line was quite long because at first they were only running one train and then decided to do test runs of both. The hour long wait is the longest I’ve ever had to wait for Medusa. While waiting in line for Monsoon Falls, the ride experienced technical difficulties and stopped working. Thankfully, the issue was fixed and I was able to ride it. I got absolutely drenched on Monsoon Falls and The Penguin (did them back-to-back), so I paid $5 again to use a dryer. Hammerhead wasn’t operating at all due to technical difficulties; the same was the case with Voodoo. Thrilla Gorilla was also down. On the whole, the lines were longer than when I’ve gone on previous summer weekend days. It was a Discover Card/Season Pass ERT event at the park, which may have contributed to the crowds being how they were.

$25 for parking? Wth!

Went to the park for the last weekday of summer operation. Went on the joker once around 3 pm-ish. the line wasn't bad at all but the purple train was up in the repair station. So what should of been maybe a 20 min wait or so became around 38 mins of waiting. They killed of The Joker's Flash Pass and so are now letting people onto the stairwells so while the line may seem short on the outside there's maybe another 25-50 people on the stairs.

other then that it was just bumper cars and a double ride on cobra. My main reason for honestly coming was for Pokemon Go as well as taking advantage of our season dining passes. Got a bulbasuar at the parking lot tram station around 11:05 am and a Dratini on the path heading to Seal Cove from the front of the park. Later on found a Scyther near the bumper cars.

Pacific Rim was closed. No idea if it was due to lack of staff or if they are setting it up for a fright fest haunted house/maze.

Oh White Water was open but the first and only good waterfall was not on. I barely got wet on the ride.

It probably is the same screen. I've never found the screen to be an issue, though. The old projector is what needs to be replaced. On top of using a film not suited for a motion simulator, the picture quality is too poor to be considered acceptable. A 4K digital projector would be optimal right now, but highly unlikely for a park of this size.

Of those two, the Endeavor seems the most fitting to me. Having a Disk-O would be redundant alongside Tasmanian Devil. This is Six Flags, though...

Like Monkey Business and The Penguin?

Like at California's Great America with Tiki Twirl and Delirium?

Of course with Huss' removals lately, I wouldn't be surprised to see Taz-Boy removed or Voodoo.

Do we have a date for announcements this year? I thought it was closer to the middle of August last year (I could be wrong though. Horrible memory I have).

Yes, Six Flags is doing their announcements on Sept 1st this year. Not anticipating anything big for SFDK, but I'd love to see a drop tower added to the park.

Do we have a date for announcements this year? I thought it was closer to the middle of August last year (I could be wrong though. Horrible memory I have).

Yes, Six Flags is doing their announcements on Sept 1st this year. Not anticipating anything big for SFDK, but I'd love to see a drop tower added to the park.

I second this. Even with the height limit being 150 feet, a drop tower would be a welcome addition.

I'm telling you, Bizarro themed S&S double shot. Dig a small hole, add smoke effects and lots of theming. Fit in perfect in the new DC area. Though I will say, there's already 2 villains there, 2 Batman villains at that. I know they probably won't do it, but if you remove the speedway I'm pretty sure you can fit the updated Batman 4d in there

I'm telling you, Bizarro themed S&S double shot. Dig a small hole, add smoke effects and lots of theming. Fit in perfect in the new DC area. Though I will say, there's already 2 villains there, 2 Batman villains at that. I know they probably won't do it, but if you remove the speedway I'm pretty sure you can fit the updated Batman 4d in there

As simple as it sounds, I think digging a hole to make a drop tower slightly higher would be a bit too ambitious for this park. (It would be nice, though. It would be fun launching out of a hole, into the sky...)

Though, a 4D Free-Spin will probably end up as their next major coaster, whenever that is.

As simple as it sounds, I think digging a hole to make a drop tower slightly higher would be a bit too ambitious for this park. (It would be nice, though. It would be fun launching out of a hole, into the sky...)

Though, a 4D Free-Spin will probably end up as their next major coaster, whenever that is.

Oh I know it probably won't happen, I just think it would add to the experience a bit. Even just 20 ft would make a big difference, and allow you to fall a full 150 ft. Plus, I just like the idea of launching out of a pit with the smoke effects. Would add something unique to an off the shelf ride.

Oh I know it probably won't happen, I just think it would add to the experience a bit. Even just 20 ft would make a big difference, and allow you to fall a full 150 ft. Plus, I just like the idea of launching out of a pit with the smoke effects. Would add something unique to an off the shelf ride.

It sounds cool but just having people be seated in a pit, attendants going down to check restraints and then the possibility of the "smoke" not clearing out. Then atop of that 3 drop towers already existing in california one being at least tied for the 2nd tallest in the world. I just don't think it's a great idea.

I have a fear of heights and even Lex Luthor's Drop of Doom surprised me in how tame it is.