TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Correction, it is closed now. Saw the fully empty queue from atop Goliath. I must have gotten the last ride.

Well, shoot. Hopefully, RMC can get the parts replaced quickly.

Interesting, SFMM had closed Twisted Colossus down earlier and have no reopened it. I wonder if TC isnt affected for some reason or they just didn't get the memo. I heard reports that Joker has been open all night tonight too. I might just go down there in the morning after all and take my chances.

I just think Dollywood put some info out there that wasn't entirely true

They werent the only ones. I saw another park post some really specific info about being told by RMC earlier today that all coasters with their trains were supposed to stop until new parts were received and installed.

I just think Dollywood put some info out there that wasn't entirely true

They werent the only ones. I saw another park post some really specific info about being told by RMC earlier today that all coasters with their trains were supposed to stop until new parts were received and installed.

Which other park?

Does the recall only impact their wooden coasters? Wildfire and Lightning Rod classify as that.

You mean "new" coasters? Maybe. What I heard was it as a train vehicle part, so I would think that would affect almost all RMC coasters, but maybe thats not what it was. For what it's worth SFDK's site still doesnt list Joker as closed, and I'm headed there now.

Joker is opening with the park!

Nice! Is it running both trains?

Just the green train right now and their restraints are being extremely temperamental. I don't know why they're not opening the purple train because the queue is practically full it's easily 60 + minute wait. Must be something wrong with it.

Just the green train right now and their restraints are being extremely temperamental. I don't know why they're not opening the purple train because the queue is practically full it's easily 60 + minute wait. Must be something wrong with it.

Maybe the recall will reach Joker as well...

Thanks for the real-time updates. I'm planning on going Wednesday and/or Friday. If The Joker isn't open, then I won't bother. This makes me more hopeful, but I'm not digging that the whole restraint issue seems to be persisting. I guess we'll see...

I assume this IS part of the recall. It would explain why Joker was closed last week, and could explain why they're only running one train (the parts have been replaced on the green train but not the purple train).

I assume this IS part of the recall. It would explain why Joker was closed last week, and could explain why they're only running one train (the parts have been replaced on the green train but not the purple train).

Didn't even think of that. Makes sense now, but makes me wonder why Wildfire and Lightning Rod aren't running at all if they could run one train and fix the others.

Makes sense now, but makes me wonder why Wildfire and Lightning Rod aren't running at all if they could run one train and fix the others.

because neither train has been repaired on LR or WF.

I mean, obviously not? If SFDK is running one train with restraint problems and fixing the other one, then wouldn't the other parks be able to do the same?

Edited by Intimidated305

Makes sense now, but makes me wonder why Wildfire and Lightning Rod aren't running at all if they could run one train and fix the others.

I mean, obviously not? If SFDK is running one train with restraint problems and fixing the other one, then wouldn't the other parks be able to do the same?

Because you don't run trains with restraint problems? Mind you, Kolmården haven't found any problems at all with their trains, but they still won't run Wildfire until they get the parts replaced. Always safety first!

Because you don't run trains with restraint problems? Mind you, Kolmården haven't found any problems at all with their trains, but they still won't run Wildfire until they get the parts replaced. Always safety first!

This was posted earlier in this thread...

Have you read the previous page?

This was posted earlier in this thread...

Have you read the previous page?

I assume the green train has been fixed and that is why it has started running. Assuming it actually was the same problem (obviously we don't actually know that), then the green train on Joker was probably the first one fixed, and the others have not been repaired. As they get repaired they'll open up one by one.

I'm just speculating, though. I assume it takes a few days for RMC to make the part and replace it.