TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

The pacific rim is just a motion base ride to an 8 min clip from the movie. Motion and water effects. Not bad, but not great eihher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK. It may be a good break in between the rides to get some AC. Have you been on The Joker yet Jeromy?

The pacific rim is just a motion base ride to an 8 min clip from the movie. Motion and water effects. Not bad, but not great eihher

OK. It may be a good break in between the rides to get some AC. Have you been on The Joker yet Jeromy?

Nope. Unfortunately it went down the night before we came so. Didn't get to ride it. We still had fun though

I was at the park today as well and they did eventually run both trains WITH riders! Here's to hoping that it stays that way in the upcoming weeks.

Awwwww yiiiiisssssss! I certainly hope it stays, because I'll make a run to the park if it's been up for at least 3 days.

Anyone heard anything about yesterday and today regarding The Joker?

I called yesterday, and was told it was down, and then the same thing this morning - though they added some additional information this morning, noting that what had kept breaking was now being replaced... though they had no ETA on when it would be open. So anyone heard anything else, or seen anything at the park?

I know that SFMM opens 10 minutes early for pass holders, but I'm curious if SFDK does to? If so, what line do you go to first? Superman or Joker? I believe Superman costs an extra fee on the pass to ride...I figure hit it first to avoid the extra fee it costs to ride this once. Can anyone give any info on the flash pass regarding the Joker? Is it only available on Platinum, extra fee, etc? Thanks.

I know that SFMM opens 10 minutes early for pass holders, but I'm curious if SFDK does to? If so, what line do you go to first? Superman or Joker? I believe Superman costs an extra fee on the pass to ride...I figure hit it first to avoid the extra fee it costs to ride this once. Can anyone give any info on the flash pass regarding the Joker? Is it only available on Platinum, extra fee, etc? Thanks.

Neither, unfortunately. SFDK's early entry is just to get in line for Medusa 5-10 minutes early, though it usually doesn't start accepting riders until the whole park opens so all you get is near the front of the line for the first train. Technically the whole plaza is open, but in my experience they wont let you line up for Kong or anything else before the park opens. Medusa allows you to wait at the top of the stairs.

It's running one train as of now.

EDIT: Oh man, that one train operation was easily worth the wait. The Joker is running faster than ever and is clearly starting to break in. Have a great time, anyone who goes!

Edited by ABW

Strongly considering popping in tomorrow morning, hope it's running.

Scratch that. RMC today has ordered all coasters with RMC trains to be closed until further notice for a part recall. Too bad, Joker was just starting to get running again. I wonder if the parts giving Joker all this trouble for the past few weeks is the one that was recalled. (For source see the SFMM thread.)

Strongly considering popping in tomorrow morning, hope it's running.

Scratch that. RMC today has ordered all coasters with RMC trains to be closed until further notice for a part recall. Too bad, Joker was just starting to get running again. I wonder if the parts giving Joker all this trouble for the past few weeks is the one that was recalled. (For source see the SFMM thread.)

This ride seems to to be becoming a bad luck charm. Every time it gets fixed, something else happens.

The website doesn't list Joker as closed (Along with the other Six Flags rides running RMC trains) though, so either they didn't receive the news in time to update the website, or they don't believe it's an immediate danger.