TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Does anybody know if Joker works with normal Flashpass, or is it only Gold or Platinum like Superman?

I asked that at the flash pass desk on the friday it opened for passholders since I was in the building trying to cool off anyways.

The girl behind the counter told me for platinum, forgot if Gold includes it and you only get *one* ride on it. I suppose the platinum pass might let you ride in the same row twice but IMHO nothing but the back row would be worth riding twice in a row if you're paying for the pleasure of such a event.

Are the shows at SFDK on the same level as most of the shows through out the chain, or are they of a better quality?

Well, I believe at the moment that shows at SFDK are animal shows, so there isn't much to compare to a typical Six Flags park. But as far as animal shows go, I'd say they're pretty good and worth checking out if you're into that sort of thing. Another thing to point out is that some of the shows, such as Temple of the Tiger, are more about show-casing the main animal of the show (in this case the Tiger) and promote they're conservation, rather than just having them do silly tricks, which is quite cool!

Going out today. Hopefully its opened!

We are getting ready to board our flight up there. Maybe we will run into each other as we "beg" them to open the ride lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going out today. Hopefully its opened!

We are getting ready to board our flight up there. Maybe we will run into each other as we "beg" them to open the ride lol

Haha. Idk how accurate the website is either.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I was hoping maybe it was up and down while they were working out the bugs and decided to show it as closed, so as to not disappoint the public. "Here is to hoping"

As of right now, The Joker, V2, and Voodoo are temporarily closed. https://www.sixflags.com/discoverykingdom/attractions/thrill-rides

Man, thank goodness I went on Sunday. I think it was running all day (we rode it twice in the morning, shockingly short lines!), but we left in the early afternoon so hard to say for sure.

I've been waiting to sneak over for another round of laps on Joker too, so I'm also anxiously awaiting a report before I drive down since I'm about 60 mins away. Kind of a bummer to drive an hour not knowing.

I wish Six Flags had a live ride operating report on their website, an online version of the signs in the box office windows. I don't think that would be too hard nowadays if someone put forth the effort.

I've been waiting to sneak over for another round of laps on Joker too, so I'm also anxiously awaiting a report before I drive down since I'm about 60 mins away. Kind of a bummer to drive an hour not knowing.

I wish Six Flags had a live ride operating report on their website, an online version of the signs in the box office windows. I don't think that would be too hard nowadays if someone put forth the effort.

You're telling me. I am planning on driving up on Saturday from San Diego...

Closed all day. Saw it cycle one when the park first opened. Decided not to ask about ride since the person at the entrance has been hounded a 1000 times.

Maybe someone who is at the park could ask one of the ride operators at The Joker or someone in guest services when it is expected to reopen.

They never, ever say when they expect it to reopen. I think it's just their policy now that way people cant be like " but ___ said it should be open by now." and then they seemingly can't talk about whatever the issue is. I can only really recall one time where a ride op told me and aa few others something about "someone threw up" or something to that extent to explain why a ride was temp closed. But if there's a mechanical issue, I never been able to get anything from them. like if it's truly a issue with the restraint system i can understand them not wanting GP to know that because lap bars only on a ride like The Joker is intense for some people as it is.

Kind of a bummer to drive an hour not knowing.

It would be if there wasn't a Sonic's five minutes away from the park.

sonic is overpriced for the quality of food it servers IMHO.

Kind of a bummer to drive an hour not knowing.

It would be if there wasn't a Sonic's five minutes away from the park.

Nice, I didn't know there was a Sonic nearby. We don't have those where I'm at. I'll have to stop there instead of Carl's next time I'm at the park, thanks!

Joker still closed...

And ironically they just reposted a "Joker now open!" post on Facebook. I had the impulse to post "* not actually open" but resisted the urge to be an ass just because I'm bitter about waiting a little longer to ride it again