TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

I didn't even know the Highlander was on ibox tracking. Not sure if they added a second one or moved that from the main stadium/dolphin show. either way, still doesn't make me want a Toyota and I doubt anything ever will.

About the Zero G Stall I barely felt "zero g's" except maybe in the far, far back. I could feel it in TC's but not that much here.

With full trains I still felt plenty of 0g hangtime in all three inversions. But earlier in the morning Chad and I got a ride where we were the only 2 people in the train and we really felt insane hangtime!!!

Joker is just all around solid in every area. Too bad we missed Alan later in the day!

Where does Joker rank among the other RMCs for you?

With Outlaw Run and Medusa at the top, I would say it's just right after those two. I thought it was pretty similar to Wicked Cyclone, maybe even a tad more intense!

That's great! The more I rode it, the more I thought it edged out Wicked Cyclone in intensity. It did get better and better!

POV is great by the way! I like how well you can hear the upstop wheels during the airtime hills.

Ouch that it didn't open. We had considered trying to go today, glad we didn't try to. Sounds like tomorrow is iffy as well. Hopefully back up by Tuesday as a few of us were thinking of going that day

there is a problem with the restraints. not open at all today

What a bummer for the holiday weekend visitors. Hopefully it's fixed by mid week. I want to hit the park on Wednesday

Ouch, today was supposed to be the official public opening..sucks for all the GP that came down to ride it. I was considering popping in today too, glad I didn't.

there is a problem with the restraints. not open at all today

What a bummer for the holiday weekend visitors. Hopefully it's fixed by mid week. I want to hit the park on Wednesday

Ouch, today was supposed to be the official public opening..sucks for all the GP that came down to ride it. I was considering popping in today too, glad I didn't.

Yeah, I wasted 8 hours standing at the front of the line. This might be one of the most embarrassing things the park has gone through.

This has been a great year for RMC so far with openings

Why? SC,Joker, and Wildfire are all on schedule for what they've been marketed as. Lightning Rod isn't RMCs fault, as Dollywood chose to use a cheap launch system.

^You're right, The Joker certainly wasn't delayed and neither was Storm Chaser. Only Lightning Rod has been, although still not quite sure about Wildfire being open by the 18th as they're saying, hope so though.

the Joker didn't open at all on its public opening date. that's a pretty bad opening if I say so myself

^You're right, The Joker certainly wasn't delayed and neither was Storm Chaser. Only Lightning Rod has been, although still not quite sure about Wildfire being open by the 18th as they're saying, hope so though.

the Joker didn't open at all on its public opening date. that's a pretty bad opening if I say so myself

Sure, that's disappointing if you showed up on the day it's down, but my no means is that a major event that's going to cost RMC or six flags major distress. There's always going to be nagging issues like that for a brand new ride. The fault should be on the park for not communicating the issue better so people don't wait in line for 8 hours for it to open

Sure, that's disappointing if you showed up on the day it's down, but my no means is that a major event that's going to cost RMC or six flags major distress. There's always going to be nagging issues like that for a brand new ride. The fault should be on the park for not communicating the issue better so people don't wait in line for 8 hours for it to open

I agree with that. the park should have communicated with people when it went down on Saturday so people could have changed their plans.

Did Joker open today? (website says its open?)

the website makes no mention of V2 being down for the past 3-4 months or however long it's been down. If you really want to find out you'd have to call the park or wait for someone who went today.

the website makes no mention of V2 being down for the past 3-4 months or however long it's been down. If you really want to find out you'd have to call the park or wait for someone who went today.

The website says that V2 is temporarily closed. The Joker, it says, is open. Not sure how accurate that is, but it is acknowledging V2's closure.

The website says that V2 is temporarily closed. The Joker, it says, is open. Not sure how accurate that is, but it is acknowledging V2's closure.

yeah you're right.

on top of that the website has no mention of thrilla gorllila despite being picture next to the family rides https://www.sixflags.com/discoverykingdom/rides-and-attractions and the newest park map and guide shows it as "season event facility" so maybe a new maze for fright fest?

V2 sucks since they had to redesign it for the stupid height restrictions

I would have to disagree with you there. I think the modification makes the ride interesting in its own, weird way. I love the uniqueness, the feeling of going through an incline roll backwards is in my opinion really something else...

V2 sucks since they had to redesign it for the stupid height restrictions

I would have to disagree with you there. I think the modification makes the ride interesting in its own, weird way. I love the uniqueness, the feeling of going through an incline roll backwards is in my opinion really something else...

I'm going to second this. Hanging upside down in the corkscrew always freaks me out! Totally unique.

Instead of going super early on Friday, my girlfriend and I had decided to go on Tuesday given that she was going to take the day off anyway. Seeing that the hours were limited and that it was right after the holiday weekend demand, it surely was the sensible idea.

We got there this morning and the general parking lot was emptier than I've ever seen it before! The fact that anybody would actually try and go on a Tuesday after a holiday weekend must have been lost on DK and we were in for a great score. But...

The. School. Buses.

Immediately upon arrival, we noticed hundreds upon hundreds of teenagers walking the path to the park. By the time we got down to the tram area, hoping a miracle tram arrival would get us past a lot of them and quickly into a Gold Pass line (if there is one) before opening, we realized that each bus was basically packing three teens to a seat, meaning there were literally going to be thousands of people in this park and all of them the sort that would immediately be running for the brand new Joker. Seriously, I could just count the numbers that I had seen and realize that freakin' ride was going to have three hour wait times today, and who knows how many unseen were already in the gates before we got there a little after ten to find parking.

I told my girlfriend that we had two options. We could either brave it, get in and enjoy the water rides since the teens would all go to the coasters first which is kind of a plus since they are usually closed offseason when we actually go. Or we could just cut our losses and go. We did just that, heading back to our car and finding an alternate day plan involving a hike nearby. Meanwhile, the parking lot line turned into a standstill as bus after bus of school kids kept coming in.

Sorry, but waiting out there in 90-plus degree heat with screaming teenagers and their sweaty bodies inches from you for hours for a single ride that potentially could break down due to being new is the very definition of hell. I'm not sure what fun these kids could have really had spending half a day waiting for one ride as the park is only open until 6 or whatever today. It's clear that Six Flags saw an opportunity to sell a bunch of cheap tickets to high school students and pack the place and when you take into account family members that drove up separately in their own cars, we may have been part of a mere handful that were not tied to a high school.

In the end, I'll ride the Joker, but it will be in October at the earliest since September is basically the only chance to use our Waterworld passes for the last time when the crowds aren't insane. It's a shame to have to wait so long, but we're now in the summer and it's going to be chaos.

there were a lot of buses on Friday, too. good thing was that the Joker was just pass holders, and the 4 girls who cut the line without having to show a pass. lol

but once the kids got back on the bus the park was dead. I bet it's clearing out now.

^Why not just get there earlier and wait at the park entrance and be the first ones in the park? Ride with no wait, then enjoy a few other rides and go home.

It's basically how I handle going to Six Flags. Or just go for the last 2 hours when the park is open until 10.

The park was only open until 6 today despite the crowds. We usually go on off-season Sundays. And aside from one instance involving cheerleaders last fall, we have gone at least a dozen times to the Vallejo park with basically walk-ons for Superman and the like...with Kong being the only occasional line at 20-30 minutes if there's only one train running. The park is literally a dead zone in the fall, winter and spring on Sundays that aren't on Holiday or Spring Break weekends. We don't even show up at opening ever.

For Magic Mountain, we've gone mid-week in May. Nobody there.

Even if we had beat the schools today (which was impossible because I was getting off work this morning), it would have meant a whopping single ride on Joker and then the park would have been immediately filled to the brim. I can just wait until the Fall when nobody is there and ride it to my heart's content.