TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

I'm in line for lap 4, my first three laps were middle row, back row, and front row. Back row SO much better. Haven't met anyone here yet that disagrees.

I got here right before it came back and has been running one train so it's like 40 min waits now. So worth it though. I'm staying till they throw me out.

I left the park around 5:30 pm the heat got to me and The Joker itself is very intense it barely if ever lets up. the ride itself is great and is vastly diffrent from TC down at Magic Mountain. however, the top gun stall falls flat for me here. It's still fun but I barely felt any ejection from it at all unlike with TC at Magic mountain. The camel back under it also isn't anything to write home about either IMHO.

I do love the steep drop and the under-kick-flip,180, guy fieri, smash mouth whatever the hell we are calling it first inversion along with the zero g barrel roll that's well hidden.

Got 4 rides in. once on the very front. twice in the back and once in the middle. also got two rides in on number car's and nothing else because ya know education days, park was really packed. They really need to add a single rider line to The Joker though and some dispatches were far to slow.

Still a fun time at the park and glad Roar to The Joker is now officially completed, lots of air time in Nor cal now.

Holy fuck this ride is too good. Just got a back row ride in, getting one in the front before heading home. If you see a dude in a Beatmania shirt say what's up.

Edit: I would never say fudge.

Edit 2: wtf Riddler's station music is so good, I wouldn't be as into electronic music as I am today if I hadn't rode that as a kid.

forgot to add the new BBQ and sports bar place opens Saturday. I was pretty letdown it wasn't open today.

Holy fudge this ride is too good. Just got a back row ride in, getting one in the front before heading home. If you see a dude in a Beatmania shirt say what's up.

Edit: I would never say fudge.

Edit 2: wtf Riddler's station music is so good, I wouldn't be as into electronic music as I am today if I hadn't rode that as a kid.

I like Riddler's station's song personally

. But if your in there for like 20 mins it gets old. sorry if it seems like I didn't like it. I do.

Maybe the better phrasing would be. "The Joker has the worst station soundtrack I've personally ever heard."

I'm fairly close and I have nothing better to do so I'm just waiting it out. They don't know if it's coming back up.

Edit: It's down for the night. They're keeping Superman open for us for a few last rides.

^I saw him riding in the front, but didn't get to say hi! Hopefully he'll be back.

forgot to add the new BBQ and sports bar place opens Saturday. I was pretty letdown it wasn't open today.

When I asked, she said they're aiming for this weekend and aiming for tomorrow but didn't seem too solid that it would open tomorrow. I was hoping it would be open today too, would have been a nice escape from the heat.

Also, my last ride before they closed it, I was waiting further up on the train and they gave two rows of people toward the middle the walk of shame, but were apparently still having trouble with the restraints in that row even with them empty. It made me think that the sensors on that train might have been off, esp if they had to take it down later and go to one-train op. Hopefully that'll be fixed tomorrow! I don't remember which color train that was.

The rest of the day, it didn't have a break down.

I do love the steep drop and the under-kick-flip,180, guy fieri, smash mouth whatever the hell we are calling it first inversion along with the zero g barrel roll that's well hidden.

This has to be my all time favorite thing ever said on this site!

I'm okay with calling it anything but Guy Fieri. That name turns me as red as the flames on his shirts.

I'm flying in to San Francisco next week and going to Pebble Beach, and I am really hoping to make it out to the park. It all depends on whether or not my family is up for it, but I'm thinking The Joker alone is worth the trip. My fingers are crossed!

I got a bunch of rides in today. would have been more but I wasted a couple hours at great america for one lap on goldstriker.

anyway, the joker is super fun. I still prefer TC, I just like larger elements. back row was my favorite seat. sat in front, 3rd, 10th, and back.

nice meeting Alan too. told my buddy he is to roller coaster fans how George Lucas is to a Star Wars fan. lol

Joker ended up exactly where I thought it would on my list of RMC's I've been on.

#1 - Dueling Twisted Colossus

#2 - Joker

#3 - Non-dueling Twisted Colossus

#4 - Wicked Cyclone

The wave turn was surprisingly fun and forceful. Reverse-banked entrance had less air than I thought it would (in the back), but the whole turn was taken so fast and the exit had such strong ejector. The whole thing was BF'ing insane.

Emerging from years of lurking to say hi to the nifty TPR folks I ran into today. (I was the guy in the TC t-shirt.)

On the basis of half a dozen rides, what everyone else said. Pure fun, great ejector air in the back, splendid inversions, not-good ride operations, kinda totally wonderful coaster. Among the four RMCs I've been on, tied for favorite with Iron Rattler. The lapbars are pretty unforgiving, though, and there were lots of walks of shame. The test seat isn't very prominently placed, but larger people should seek it out before hopping in the queue.

Hope for those of you going tomorrow that they get the green train back on track.

And now back to years more of lurking.

Edited by shepp

^^it was great meeting you two! Glad you rank Joker among IRat, where it deserves

I really don't see why so many people like TC better except for the dueling aspect, but everyone is entitled to their opinions, even if they're wrong I just think the pacing and airtime on Joker is better, and I really think it'll pick up even more speed and ejector as it breaks in.

Round 2 today and scooterdoug will be joining me! We'll see how it goes today. Might get a shirt but won't be staying all day

I'm in line for lap 4, my first three laps were middle row, back row, and front row. Back row SO much better. Haven't met anyone here yet that disagrees.

I got here right before it came back and has been running one train so it's like 40 min waits now. So worth it though. I'm staying till they throw me out.

The back really is a whole lot better.

Already ridden it twice today, currently in line for a third time. Line is like 45 min to an hour now. And the ride? Amazing. Very different from Twisted Colossus, much more compact and forceful. The inversions are flawless and the airtime is great. In my opinion it's tied with TC (they're the only RMCs I've ridden). Operations are good, 2 trains. Line moves fast.

Already ridden it twice today, currently in line for a third time. Line is like 45 min to an hour now. And the ride? Amazing. Very different from Twisted Colossus, much more compact and forceful. The inversions are flawless and the airtime is great. In my opinion it's tied with TC (they're the only RMCs I've ridden). Operations are good, 2 trains. Line moves fast.

is anybody buying the t shirts that you need to have to ride later in the day yet