TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

They just posted a video on there facebook page, of them working on the entrance of the ride.. a clown? Now its a a carnival or something. I knew they would some how ruin the whole joker theme.

I guess you haven't been paying attention... at construction media day they revealed concept art for the station and gift shop that looked really awesome!

source: www.thrillcapitalinsider.com/uploads/5/5/1/9/5519358/2112680_orig.jpg

Guess i missed this post. That does all look really good. I thought it was just a big cliwn going over the entrance.

I don't want to give too much away, but 13-14 distinct airtime moments, and the pacing is just awesome. This is such a rideable coaster, easily the best in nor-cal, sorry gold striker. I do think I like twisted colossus better, but it's hard to compare.

I don't want to give too much away, but 13-14 distinct airtime moments, and the pacing is just awesome. This is such a rideable coaster, easily the best in nor-cal, sorry gold striker. I do think I like twisted colossus better, but it's hard to compare.

Tell us more! Favorite element? Best spot of airtime? Biggest surprise? 13-14 moments of airtime is insane!

Tell us more! Favorite element? Best spot of airtime? Biggest surprise? 13-14 moments of airtime is insane!

Favorite element has to be the camel back stall, that part is better than TC's stall for sure (I guess you could caveat that with "unless there's a racing train under you", but let's Eliminate TC's racing for comparison).

Best spot of airtime? Probably the hill in between the first 2 inversions.

For me I didn't spend a lot of time studying the layout before going into it. I honestly forgot about the third inversion, and it's such a perfect heart line roll, so smooth, it feels amazing. The whole ride is great really, I only have one criticism and it's more of a personal preference... The last hill before the break run is a little too much, too forceful after everything else. But that's a minor personal gripe.

They wouldn't confirm the memorial weekend opening btw, but I heard many people talking about it though.

Favorite element has to be the camel back stall, that part is better than TC's stall for sure (I guess you could caveat that with "unless there's a racing train under you", but let's Eliminate TC's racing for comparison).

how does it feel different to TC's? in the POV, it's looks shorter, but it also is flying through it, so it's hard to tell. I'd have to ride Goliath at SFGam again now after TC to see how they compare. Goliath's seems taller? seems it might be like that with the Joker? i still think that element is my favorite type of inversion.

I'm having a really hard time figuring out what hill you're referring to seeing as how the first two inversions are back to back. Also, I think you're combining two different elements when you say "camel back stall".

the stall on TC is my favorite element from it so if the stall from the Joker is somehow better I don't know if i'll ever be able to ride it enough. I wish The Joker had a normal drop just like I wish Roar did so it could be steeper and not have that weird curve/turn. However different is good and The Joker is certainly different from TC.

I'm having a really hard time figuring out what hill you're referring to seeing as how the first two inversions are back to back. Also, I think you're combining two different elements when you say "camel back stall".

Haha, I had the same confusion.

I'll be here in July. Can't wait! But I do have a question if someone here can help me out, please. I'll be visiting both Six Flags Discovery Kingdom and California's Great America there on the same weekend and was wondering which order I should visit each park. I have Friday July 1st and Sunday July 3rd set aside for both parks. I'm thinking Friday for SFDK and Sunday for CGA. I figure SFDK will have the bigger crowd. Sound like a good plan?

I'll be here in July. Can't wait! But I do have a question if someone here can help me out, please. I'll be visiting both Six Flags Discovery Kingdom and California's Great America there on the same weekend and was wondering which order I should visit each park. I have Friday July 1st and Sunday July 3rd set aside for both parks. I'm thinking Friday for SFDK and Sunday for CGA. I figure SFDK will have the bigger crowd. Sound like a good plan?

yeah, you are able to do great america in a day any day if you want to

2030786249_SFDKTweet.jpg.0b0cb10a89a6fde4749e9e14b6c1d948.jpg

As excited as I am for the Joker, this caught my eye the other day on the park's Instragram. Anyone have any clue as to what this could be? My guess is that they are retheming Tsunami Soaker to the Penguin, which would make perfect sense next to the Joker. Has anyone who has been to the park recently noticed anything?

[attachment=0]SFDK Tweet.jpg[/attachment]

As excited as I am for the Joker, this caught my eye the other day on the park's Instragram. Anyone have any clue as to what this could be? My guess is that they are retheming Tsunami Soaker to the Penguin, which would make perfect sense next to the Joker. Has anyone who has been to the park recently noticed anything?

Maybe theming for tthe queue? Could be them putting in dc theming in that area

Will the park likely be more crowded Sat. 6/11 or Sun. 6/12? Both days are Girl Scout days at the park, while Sun. is Discover Card Day.

Also, I called the park and asked when V2 was set to re-open. I was told they don't have a scheduled date yet, but they're thinking mid-June.

Trying not to read any spoilers, but does anyone know what time the ride will be open to season passholders on the 27th and 28th?

I haven't heard anything about when they'll run it. I assume it'll be open at "rope drop" at 10:30 am since they haven't said otherwise.

I went to the first soft opening day of Pacific Rim and got there before the park opened. Went right to the theater and got on as the 3rd public rider of the day, apparently 2 other people beat me there.

the stall on TC is my favorite element from it so if the stall from the Joker is somehow better I don't know if i'll ever be able to ride it enough. I wish The Joker had a normal drop just like I wish Roar did so it could be steeper and not have that weird curve/turn. However different is good and The Joker is certainly different from TC.

Curious, the first drop reminds me of Expedition Geforce, and I have yet to encounter a drop greater than E-GF.

Then again Twisted colossus' first drop(s) aren't too shabby either.