TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

I'll trade you this Joker for SFGAdv's Joker! I swear it's a fair trade...

We'll only accept Kingda Ka with Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom.

and get Vallejo to scrap that 150 foot height limit, but that goes without saying.

We may be willing to trade Superman Ultimate Flight for The Joker though.

That POV is absolutely breathtaking! It amazes me how it maintains its speed throughout the whole ride, especially for being a test run. So excited that I get to live 20 minutes away from that!

Also a side note, I would suggest reading some of the Facebook comments left on the video. Some of them are just cringeworthy

Official POV! Opening day has to be coming soon (even if the park hasn't made an official announcement yet). I'm abstaining from watching it, as I want to wait to see it in real life, when I ride it the first time. Until then, it's taking tremendous willpower not to click the play button...

^You're in denial, Doug. I've seen several different sites now say the 27th and that video said "End of May." Just accept the Memorial weekend crowds and come with me on that Saturday. Give in!

Thanks for that POV, Robb! It is a lot better! Getting so dang excited for this thing.

Discovery Kingdom sent us the slightly higher quality POV than what was on the Facebook page:

This looks great in all its 1080p glory! Imagine how much hustle this is going to have once it's broken in. I can already hear Robb's, "WHEEEE"

Official POV! Opening day has to be coming soon (even if the park hasn't made an official announcement yet). I'm abstaining from watching it, as I want to wait to see it in real life, when I ride it the first time. Until then, it's taking tremendous willpower not to click the play button...

official announcement, kinda.

^You're in denial, Doug. I've seen several different sites now say the 27th and that video said "End of May." Just accept the Memorial weekend crowds and come with me on that Saturday. Give in!

Me and my friend are going Friday. might have to deal with kids complaining about not getting in because of the season pass rule but I assume some of them might have season passes. That's going to be awkward to watch. First day of joker's public operation and it's the last day SFDK is trying to lure out field trips before the season un-officially starts.

They just posted a video on there facebook page, of them working on the entrance of the ride.. a clown? Now its a a carnival or something. I knew they would some how ruin the whole joker theme.

Ruin the Joker theme? Right... because the Joker never made carnivals, fun houses, etc. as his hideouts

Me and my friend are going Friday. might have to deal with kids complaining about not getting in because of the season pass rule but I assume some of them might have season passes. That's going to be awkward to watch. First day of joker's public operation and it's the last day SFDK is trying to lure out field trips before the season un-officially starts.

Oh, I'll be going Friday as well! And then again on Saturday. I want to get on this thing as many times as possible in those two days, esp because they're both passholder days.

Here's the video in question:

[fbvideonew]https://www.facebook.com/discoverykingdom/videos/10154197312687743/[/fbvideonew]

Personally, I LOVE it, and this is officially the most themed coaster SFDK has had, and I would argue, better themed than anything in any neighboring parks

They just posted a video on there facebook page, of them working on the entrance of the ride.. a clown? Now its a a carnival or something. I knew they would some how ruin the whole joker theme.

Ruin the Joker theme? Right... because the Joker never made carnivals, fun houses, etc. as his hideouts

I'm shocked--shocked that the Clown Prince of Crime would have a carnival-themed station!

I guess you haven't been paying attention... at construction media day they revealed concept art for the station and gift shop that looked really awesome!

source: www.thrillcapitalinsider.com/uploads/5/5/1/9/5519358/2112680_orig.jpg