TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Does anyone know when exactly the ride opens? I saw someone post May 27 but I haven't been able to confirm it anywhere. I was hoping someone could help clear this up.

yeah the only place where I've seen anyone say may 27th for public opening is here.

Does anyone know when exactly the ride opens? I saw someone post May 27 but I haven't been able to confirm it anywhere. I was hoping someone could help clear this up.

yeah the only place where I've seen anyone say may 27th for public opening is here.

Same, except I saw a GP (assuming it was a GP) post a comment on the SFDK FB page that mentioned she saw the opening date on a Youtube video, but I haven't been able to find the video.

Same, except I saw a GP (assuming it was a GP) post a comment on the SFDK FB page that mentioned she saw the opening date on a Youtube video, but I haven't been able to find the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn44F9yEtEY

I found this video, maybe it's the one she was talking about? No matter what it isn't an official source.

I guess they told people the opening date at the last construction tour and lead car unveiling. Anyways it makes sense it's open on the first day of memorial day weekend.

I guess they told people the opening date at the last construction tour and lead car unveiling. Anyways it makes sense it's open on the first day of memorial day weekend.

Memorial Day weekend is generally when Six Flags debuts their new rides, but they have been strangely silent about The Joker. If they were opening it in two weeks, then they would've had the media day already scheduled. Since we haven't heard anything about a media day, it doesn't give me much hope that it will open Memorial Day weekend.

I found this on Twitter:

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2016-05-15 at 12.57.09 PM.png[/attachment]

It was in response to the site that posted the Youtube video. Idk why they're not making it super public but it seems more legit now. Hopefully we'll get more information soon.

cool a official source finally.

May 27th is the last Ultimate Education Day Last year I was at the park on one of these days and around 2-4PM a lot of feildtrips were heading out of the park. Roar was really packed that day but around 5-7pm the park was actually pretty empty. So that along with it being passholders only it might actually be a pretty good day to check out Joker.

also, I hope they add in a single rider line to fill out the trains but knowing SF:DK they likely won't.

also, I hope they add in a single rider line to fill out the trains but knowing SF:DK they likely won't.

SFMM had a single rider line and a grouper for Twisted Colossus when it first opened, but they abandoned both of them after a few months. A single rider line makes a lot of sense for the Joker, but seeing how they don't have one for Superman (a ride that really needs it), I doubt we'll see one for Joker.

^^Yeah it's weird, I couldn't find it at first either until I saw that one of my friends had shared it.

Here ya go!

I'm seriously so excited for this! It looks like there are some great moments of airtime on this!

Edited by robbalvey

^^Yeah it's weird, I couldn't find it at first either until I saw that one of my friends had shared it.

Here ya go!

[fbvideonew]https://www.facebook.com/discoverykingdom/videos/10154189308067743/[/fbvideonew]

I'm seriously so excited for this! It looks like there are some great moments of airtime on this!

That seriously looks like it will kick all types of ass! That's a first test run?! That second half looks stellar!