TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

I can't believe people rank Twisted Colossus over Goliath. I would rank them both at the bottom of my list though.

Yeah, I can't believe people have the audacity to have individual opinions about things.

I can't believe people rank Twisted Colossus over Goliath. I would rank them both at the bottom of my list though.

I've never been on either of the two, but I would assume that if Goliath was a little bit longer people would rank it a little higher.

the parks social media presence have been pretty silent on The Joker since the first running of it. Memorial day is still 3 weeks away though so they still got time to test and film. I'm just so excited that I want some news, any news on the ride.

Meanwhile there has been some birth('s?) and birthdays for the parks animal residents.

Wrap your head around my weird opinions:

Twisted Colossus

Iron Rattler

Outlaw Run

New Texas Giant

Goliath

The Joker looks great! I can never tell from the POVs where I would rank something. It's definitely great for SFDK, will make it a park I'd consider returning to.

Our Park President Shares His Excitement for THE JOKER

It's almost time to debut THE JOKER! In this exclusive interview, our park president, Don McCoy, shares his excitement for the ride. Don is proud to welcome such a thrilling one-of-a-kind attraction at the park, with features that have never been done before.

He also explains how the ride has transformed from the classic Roar into THE JOKER. It's been an amazing process and we can't wait to debut it in a few weeks. Watch our interview with the park president for more inside scoop.

From an e-mail from Six Flags this morning. Let's hope this is a case where a few actually means a few, and not five or six.

^people have been asking if I can do this or that around Memorial Day weekend, and I've had to respond, "yes... Unless Marine World opens their new coaster then."

It seems like it won't be opening Memorial Weekend or I feel like they would have said something by now, but my family [sorta] understands that I'm clearing my schedule as soon as we get an opening date!

Our Park President Shares His Excitement for THE JOKER

It's almost time to debut THE JOKER! In this exclusive interview, our park president, Don McCoy, shares his excitement for the ride. Don is proud to welcome such a thrilling one-of-a-kind attraction at the park, with features that have never been done before.

He also explains how the ride has transformed from the classic Roar into THE JOKER. It's been an amazing process and we can't wait to debut it in a few weeks. Watch our interview with the park president for more inside scoop.

From an e-mail from Six Flags this morning. Let's hope this is a case where a few actually means a few, and not five or six.

You forgot to tell the berst part of the e-mail. They lead it off with Kong

^people have been asking if I can do this or that around Memorial Day weekend, and I've had to respond, "yes... Unless Marine World opens their new coaster then."

It seems like it won't be opening Memorial Weekend or I feel like they would have said something by now, but my family [sorta] understands that I'm clearing my schedule as soon as we get an opening date!

Marine World is the best name for the park IMHO. Discovery Kingdom is something I never felt exactly fits because sadly the education from the animal exhibit is pretty minimal. The workers who are staffed at exhibits to make sure people behave well only have fact sheets they read from. After the Joker opens hopefully they'll spend a year or two revitalizing the animal programs of the park.

^I know Six Flags probably doesn't invest heavily in the animals because they aren't the main draw of the park anymore, but while I was overall very impressed by this park and the animals, I have to admit I was disappointed by the lack of knowledge from animal exhibit employees and even more disappointed they only do one of each show each day (probably because they use the same trainer/performers) and if you want to see animal shows you have to follow the schedule as you only have one chance with each (at least when I last visited).

Marine World is the best name for the park IMHO. Discovery Kingdom is something I never felt exactly fits because sadly the education from the animal exhibit is pretty minimal. The workers who are staffed at exhibits to make sure people behave well only have fact sheets they read from. After the Joker opens hopefully they'll spend a year or two revitalizing the animal programs of the park.

My family really only knows it as Marine World. It'll always be Marine World to us! I get why they changed it though, since there are no longer orcas so the only real "marine" draw is the dolphins. I'm still not fully used to Discovery Kingdom as the name and half my enthusiast friends just say "SFDK."

^SFDK released that Joker has media day on May 25th and opens to the general public on May 27th.

I just got REALLY excited!! Does anyone have a link to the press release or know what what time it will be opening/if there is a season pass preview?