TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Went to the park today, Saturday the 23rd. fair bit of people already there at the rope drop but most went to oasis plaza so I started with superman as always. Got two rides in before the line became like 20-30 mins long easily. As soon as I got back in line for a 2nd ride around at least 40+ people enter the line behind me. While I was in the station waiting for ride #1 a girl got off the ride and was talking to the ride op's for a rather long time, apparently her phone dropped from the ride so they had to run the train for one cycle while empty.

After that I just end up doing 2 rides on White Water Safari being inserted into rafts with random people and two sessions on the bumper cars. For how often I ride em here at SF:DK I rarely get any solid hits on people.

biggest news was that the big RMC crane and a little one was in action all day seemingly from when I got there to when I left at like 5 pm. I saw one of those steel grider's they bolt the track onto being lifted into place but couldn't tell exactly where it was being placed. Meanwhile I saw one guy touching up one that was already installed on the top gun stall I think. And then about 3-4 random spots of wood supports being worked on/reinforced with extra bolts? One being the beginning of first hill/upsidedown element.

Just seemed like they were doing plenty of work today. Also don't know if it was mentioned for that Tour. But the coasters station is really, really colorful now. colors you'd associate with like those traveling carnivals on flatbeds and such.

I'll be visiting the family in Sacramento sometime later this summer or in early fall. Might just have to sneak over to Discovery Kingdom and give this coaster a try.

I love the way the purple hits the dark wood and crossovers so many times, giving the ride such a condensed, twisted look.

This may be may favorite RMC in terms of looks. It's beautiful.

In addition, this looks like it's going to provide a very Medusa (SFM) like ride which is very exciting for the area.

I love the way the purple hits the dark wood and crossovers so many times, giving the ride such a condensed, twisted look.

In addition, this looks like it's going to provide a very Medusa (SFM) like ride which is very exciting for the area.

I am with you on the color contrast. It really looks great; bold purple, and really creepy green!

Am I the only one who finds the front car kind of ugly? I dont know what it is but it just does not appeal to me. But the ride itself looks awsome.

Can't agree here. The car is going to look awesome racing through the course, with that creepy smile leading the way. I hope there are some good queue sounds of Joker laughs (Mark Hamill) throughout the ride to add to the visual!

I am with you on the color contrast. It really looks great; bold purple, and really creepy green!

Am I the only one who finds the front car kind of ugly? I dont know what it is but it just does not appeal to me. But the ride itself looks awsome.

Can't agree here. The car is going to look awesome racing through the course, with that creepy smile leading the way. I hope there are some good queue sounds of Joker laughs (Mark Hamill) throughout the ride to add to the visual!

If they were to add the Jokers laugh throughout the duration of the ride, that would be soooo epic! I wonder if RMC will ever consider adding LED's to future coaster trains? Every since Helix opened, I've been hoping that a more coasters in the US will utilize LED's just because they look so good when in motion. Anywho, the Joker's train is amazing, in my opinion.

I can see your thinking, it kind of seems cartoonish to me...but then I think to myself what the joker actually started as, and it all makes sense! It's definitely different that's for sure I will say.

Looks awesome, of course.

Looking forward to my second RMC (T.C. was the first)

Anyone hear if there's an opening day scheduled?

Being Six Flags, it wouldn't surprise me if the front car gets an ad for a toothpaste brand. Maybe some dental floss trailing from the teeth ...

I'm mildly surprised that so many people (or so it seems to me, but I'm often wrong about these things) are creeped out by the train; I think I like it, or at least I'm not turned off by it. It goes perfectly with the awesome track colors. It's already hard to think of this coaster as the former Roar since it's such a huge transformation.

When you are riding you wont see it!

I'm mildly surprised that so many people (or so it seems to me, but I'm often wrong about these things) are creeped out by the train; I think I like it, or at least I'm not turned off by it. It goes perfectly with the awesome track colors. It's already hard to think of this coaster as the former Roar since it's such a huge transformation.

I'm more creeped out by the actor than the train! I think they look great! Much better than any normal car.

The Joker face IS creepy! But then, that's kind of the point! A) Clowns are naturally creepy, and the Joker is a take on the Clown motif, and B) The Joker himself is supposed to be creepy in an overly smily/sadistic kind of way! So I think they nailed it with that front car!

I'm really, really hoping to get out there for the first time and ride it this fall while visiting my brother in California! It looks awesome!

I tried to get a date out of the representative. She was about to blurt out an answer, but then caught herself and said it was going to be "Spring this year".

I tried to get a date out of the representative. She was about to blurt out an answer, but then caught herself and said it was going to be "Spring this year".

Well yesterday SF:DK posted a photo on facebook/twitter of apprently the last bit of track being installed.

https://twitter.com/sixflagsDK/status/725474854858678272

Well yesterday SF:DK posted a photo on facebook/twitter of apprently the last bit of track being installed.

https://twitter.com/sixflagsDK/status/725474854858678272

Considering the two trains are already on site, you can bet testing isn't that far away.