TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Thanks Joey, I can sense the excitement in your selfie, and it doesn't even look like they fed you. I'm really looking forward to the ride's completion.

When I didn't see any food pics, I wondered that myself!

Thanks for posting, Joey...this looks like it will be yet another success for RMC.

That first drop just looks so funky and awesome!

It's a sequence from the Pacific Rim movie and the seats shake and water is sprayed at you a few times. And that's after you watch a pre-show that's an over-extended trailer for the same movie.

I am honestly dumbfounded after riding this thing. Simulators are meant to actually simulate things, not just shake around while you watch a movie. The two old dinosaur programs they had before this were absolutely fine and so have been the ones that Great America have used over the years...they aren't always great, but they're a decent way to beat the heat and have a unique ride experience. For my money, the Days of Thunder one was the best ever in Northern California...real simple concept and perfect execution...really, they could have simulated ANYTHING and it would have been a lot more fun than whatever the hell this was...

Honestly, I can't count how many of these attractions I have been on over the years...this is the worst of them all.

Other than that, Sunday was super quiet with no lines. Just a shame that so many rides aren't running at the moment (although the shows all surprisingly had at least a single run yesterday). Friends we took for free/discounted ticket were kind of disappointed that Superman and Chaos Coaster were both closed.

It's a sequence from the Pacific Rim movie and the seats shake and water is sprayed at you a few times. And that's after you watch a pre-show that's an over-extended trailer for the same movie.

I am honestly dumbfounded after riding this thing. Simulators are meant to actually simulate things, not just shake around while you watch a movie. The two old dinosaur programs they had before this were absolutely fine and so have been the ones that Great America have used over the years...they aren't always great, but they're a decent way to beat the heat and have a unique ride experience. For my money, the Days of Thunder one was the best ever in Northern California...real simple concept and perfect execution...really, they could have simulated ANYTHING and it would have been a lot more fun than whatever the hell this was...

Honestly, I can't count how many of these attractions I have been on over the years...this is the worst of them all.