TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

I'm probably not as well-versed as the average TPR user when it comes to coaster terms. So, in regards to The Joker, what is a step-up-under-flip inverted roll, a 180 degree stall, a breaking wave turn, and a zero g barrel roll? Thanks.

the "step up, under-flip, inverted fresh California sushi mahi mahi roll" is a new element that RMC and/or six flags named themselves.

but in all seriousness. It's the very first element after the first drop on "The Joker".

i really like the color scheme of The Joker, but the layout doesn't impress me as much as Storm Chaser or Lightning Rod. "even though i greatly believe it will be a fantastic ride, and most likely the park's biggest draw." in my opinion it just doesn't seem to have the pop that the past and known upcoming RMC's possess.

i really like the color scheme of The Joker, but the layout doesn't impress me as much as Storm Chaser or Lightning Rod. "even though i greatly believe it will be a fantastic ride, and most likely the park's biggest draw." in my opinion it just doesn't seem to have the pop that the past and known upcoming RMC's possess.

I agree about LR looking better (in fact I think Lightning Rod may be the best coaster ever once it opens), but I disagree on Storm Chaser. From my experience on 4 RMCs, I prefer straight airtime hills to the reverse banked hills and curves. Roar also has a considerably longer layout, where Storm Chaser is a bit short. But I'm very excited for next year, and if my plans work out, I will ride all three of the new ones (plus Goliath), and can accurately compare 8 out of 9 US RMCs (except WC). I do think Storm Chaser looks amazing too!

Does anyone know how busy it normally gets on holiday weekends? I have to go Monday to process season passes and I know it will be busy, I just would like to know how busy.

I've been on Labor Day weekend and it's extremely busy. Flash Pass is likely needed..if I was going this weekend I would actually for a rare change probably pre-purchase the flash pass. (Also because it's likely to be over 100F at the park)

From my experience on 4 RMCs, I prefer straight airtime hills to the reverse banked hills and curves.

SFGAM Goliath's drop is awesome, lightning rod's is probably going to be phenomenal with the quick "lift" and pre drop. i'm excited and curious how Joker's drop will be.

i haven't been to DK since before they V2 was dual V's. lol

Quick TR from Saturday night (9/5/2015).

Got to the park around 6pm. Came to process my 2016 season pass. I was pleasantly surprised with how easy the process was. Then give you your pass right at the entrance turnstile. They scan your fingerprint, no picture (this could be old news, I haven't had a season pass in years). Medusa was a walk-on.

Rode the Dare Devil Chaos Coaster for the first time (10 minute wait). It was surprisingly smooth and the restraints were comfortable. The ride was, dare I say, fun!

V2 was another walk-on. Superman was about a 20 minute wait. IMO, Superman is the star of SFDK's coaster lineup. Medusa is a great ride, but it doesn't really pack a punch.

Overall, the park was much less busy than I expected late in the day on a holiday weekend.