TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

I just hope they make that sexond hill a massive ejector hill and not a stall. It would be something we havent seen in a while.

The problem is the ride is under 100 feet tall. Unless they added a solid chunk onto the lift, that hill would need to be much, much shorter than that because there is already a raised curve before the airtime hill. The best it could be with that in mind is a bunny hop (in terms of size) for ejector, but there are already multiple opportunities for bunny hills later in the course.

I'm with you on wanting airtime (which I'm sure will be delivered regardless), but I think its almost too obvious that this might be the centerpiece inversion for the ride.

There's nothing wrong with a long zero-G stall. I really enjoyed Twisted Colossus' stall, it was one of the best parts of the ride.

I thoroughly enjoyed the stall on Goliath. I'd love to see more.

I just hope they make that sexond hill a massive ejector hill and not a stall. It would be something we havent seen in a while.

The problem is the ride is under 100 feet tall. Unless they added a solid chunk onto the lift, that hill would need to be much, much shorter than that because there is already a raised curve before the airtime hill. The best it could be with that in mind is a bunny hop (in terms of size) for ejector, but there are already multiple opportunities for bunny hills later in the course.

I'm with you on wanting airtime (which I'm sure will be delivered regardless), but I think its almost too obvious that this might be the centerpiece inversion for the ride.

There's nothing wrong with a long zero-G stall. I really enjoyed Twisted Colossus' stall, it was one of the best parts of the ride.

I agree. Goliath had a really nice stall too. I really don't understand why people are against RMC having inversions on their coasters as those are some of the best moments on the ride.

I agree. Goliath had a really nice stall too. I really don't understand why people are against RMC having inversions on their coasters as those are some of the best moments on the ride.

I don't think the argument is against RMC, I think it's against adding inversions to a park where every major coaster already has inversions. This will make 6 out of 8 coasters with inversions, the largest without being a Tivoli followed by a Zamperla kiddie.

But I agree, RMC inversions are some of my favorites on any coasters! Iron Rattler has the most unique moment of hangtime into airtime I've felt! TC has two great inversions, the zero g is taken soo fast and the stall is unbelievable! And that final double barrel roll on Outlaw Run is also very intense! I cannot wait to see the layout of this coaster so I can fantasize for the next 9 months or so (Although I already have full and complete confidence that Joker will be as amazing as the other 4 RMCs that I've already been on).

I think somebody already suggested it, but they could slap Aquaman onto Tsunami Soaker, maybe Flash on V2.

For the Go Karts maybe Justice League 500 or something.

That was me who suggested it haha. I think it'd be nice to do all that but with no off season, when?

I think somebody already suggested it, but they could slap Aquaman onto Tsunami Soaker, maybe Flash on V2.

For the Go Karts maybe Justice League 500 or something.

That was me who suggested it haha. I think it'd be nice to do all that but with no off season, when?

They got time to do it over weekdays, and it's not like they need to get it done before the public sees it.

Id just like them to use it a little differently this time than from what they did on Wicked Cyclone. I understand RMC makes very unique layouts, and maybe its just me. RMC fan creations on YouTube have a lot of stalls usually as a main focus element and its becoming a general consesus when speculating a layout. I guess I'm just indlueneced by those creations that it is a "predictable" place for it.

^ Neither does Medusa.

If SF/SF:DK wants to replace Medusa's zero g-roll with a Stall, I'm all for it. the "weightless" feeling is cool from it, but it last what feels like a second at most.

Also while I was at SF:DK this past sunday and doing my marathon of superman at opening, some guy behind me mentions to his friend the worst part of superman is the big drop from the top portion of it. you're pretty much going straight down and it turns during the diving. The part isn't painful to me but it's very jarring. Anyone else feel the same. ( referencing the part right after the slow corkscrew roll)

Edited by Fire2box

^ Neither does Medusa.

If SF/SF:DK wants to replace Medusa's zero g-roll with a Stall, I'm all for it. the "weightless" feeling is cool from it, but it last what feels like a second at most.

He's talking about Medusa Steel in Mexico, not Medusa at SFDK. haha

oh, well I still stand by my comment.

As for the stats, I see RMC adding 20-25 feet to the height like they did with WC, prob 3 inversions a stall and 2 rolls, perhaps a dive loop to replace the turn after drop.

Joker is possible theme, perhaps but no batman... and Superman right next to it..

Well, now seeing that the Great Adventure coaster may be two toned, we have seen that Six Flags may be into the two toned scheme for RMC track coasters, which could confirm that Joker picture. Also, what are your final guesses for theme and stats of the ride? Cant wait to see what it looks like!

The leak from last week is clearly legit, so no one needs to "guess" there. I'm hoping they will increase the height a little bit, and do other amazing RMC stuff to the layout! No real guesses for me, I'm just anxious to see!