TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Lol, I guess SixFlags liked my idea, posted on TPR on May.

It would have been cool I guess to paint the two rails in a different color and make one side Batman, the other a villain.

thumb_coaster_35.jpg

Like this. None of these color suit Batman I know, it's more like the Joker

Viewed 437 times

That's the ultimate compliment

Whoever in the SF marketing dept. did the photoshopping of an existing RMC to make that photo did a fantastic job. It's incredibly hard to do something as intricate as that train design and make it look real.

does look like a lot of work. the original is wicked cyclone it seems.

https://www.sixflags.com/sites/default/files/sfne_wickedcyclone_2015_dc4542_r.jpg

I just hope they make that sexond hill a massive ejector hill and not a stall. It would be something we havent seen in a while.

The problem is the ride is under 100 feet tall. Unless they added a solid chunk onto the lift, that hill would need to be much, much shorter than that because there is already a raised curve before the airtime hill. The best it could be with that in mind is a bunny hop (in terms of size) for ejector, but there are already multiple opportunities for bunny hills later in the course.

I'm with you on wanting airtime (which I'm sure will be delivered regardless), but I think its almost too obvious that this might be the centerpiece inversion for the ride.

Hooray! The track won't be colored orange or red! Finally!

So far, the west coast is the only area that has RMC's with unique colored track for the I Box coasters. Hopefully SF does this with other Coasters in the chain that they convert. I love the purple!

Hooray! The track won't be colored orange or red! Finally!

So far, the west coast is the only area that has RMC's with unique colored track for the I Box coasters. Hopefully SF does this with other Coasters in the chain that they convert. I love the purple!

I'm with you on this! The colors in that leaked photo, as well as on TC, are fantastic!

so, so many people on sunday 8/30/2015. I did 5 rounds of Superman in the middle isles as a single rider, but I still had to wait in the general line. 2-4 hours after the park opened, everything had a 20+ mins line and the shows were packed.

didn't even stay for the chrruo ERT because, it was only 30 mins. By the the general public got (who's left after the park line "closes") on Medusa it would be 7:30 by then. So the ERT would of only netted maybe 3 rides on medusa if that.

^ Wow, I guess I wasn't aware SFDK really generated those kinds of crowds.

yeah, apprently the fairgrounds parking lot was half full but there waas a "code of the west gun show" there too. However on my way out walking down the path I saw people leaving SF:DK to walk across the street to it. From, the top of Medusa's lift hill, the parking lot seemed about 30% fuller then regular sundays.

The very worst part of the day was the tiger show stadium was packed for its last showing. Me and my small group (3 total) we're trying to get to the wildlife theater in the backside of the park. Well, half of that aisle was blocked by people screwing around with their strollers and half was people trying to get out of odin's temple of the tiger stadium.

this was as bad if not worse then trying to walk trough the main concourse of the Oakland A's stadium during a sellout game. If they had the shortcut path open to the west side of the park from the clearance store, I would of taken the back side of the park to get to wildlife theater.

there waas a "code of the west gun show"

Because when I think about the wild west, I think of the bay area.

You should, we are the most West Coast you can get. Ever hear of the Gold Rush? When people spoke of the Wild West, they weren't talking about Chicago...

I know it is Six Flags...but I am the one who likes the Joker theme but just not for this park. I personally would prefer something more with an animal theme for the ride due to this Six Flags being mostly different than others with a more animal interaction approach. I just feel over the years, the animal feel to the park is slowly and slowly getting thrown away.

Either way I'm going to ride this ride. I mean it's RMC...it ought to be good!

You should, we are the most West Coast you can get. Ever hear of the Gold Rush? When people spoke of the Wild West, they weren't talking about Chicago...

Duh, but they sure as hell weren't talking about Vallejo, either. We're talking towns like Tombstone (yes, it's real), Yuma, Rhyolite, Truth Or Consequences, etc.

I just hope they make that sexond hill a massive ejector hill and not a stall. It would be something we havent seen in a while.

The problem is the ride is under 100 feet tall. Unless they added a solid chunk onto the lift, that hill would need to be much, much shorter than that because there is already a raised curve before the airtime hill. The best it could be with that in mind is a bunny hop (in terms of size) for ejector, but there are already multiple opportunities for bunny hills later in the course.

I'm with you on wanting airtime (which I'm sure will be delivered regardless), but I think its almost too obvious that this might be the centerpiece inversion for the ride.

There's nothing wrong with a long zero-G stall. I really enjoyed Twisted Colossus' stall, it was one of the best parts of the ride.

Yea they posted this leak... If you haven't seen it already...

You should probably try READING the forum before you post: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1626731#p1626731

One week ban for not bothering to pay attention.

May I have a one week ban too, please? This has been a very stressful week for me, so this might calm me down a bit. I really love TPR, but I don't feel like I'm completely experiencing this website, so I just want to try it out a little bit, see how I like it. I don't want a full experience of a permanent ban, though, I would not like that. I would really appreciate if you fulfilled my request. I may join Club TPR afterwards.