TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

I'd rather have the aforementioned drop tower idea be superhero themed (or another flat in that area) and Re-Roar be something else. But really, I'm gonna love it either way even if they name it "New-Steel-and-Wood-Thing-With-Some-Fun-Moments-Ride-Formerly-Known-As-Roar".

Also, there's a new maze this year for Fright Fest called "Carnevil – Death Under the Big Top." I like me some clown mazes but IDK how Great America will feel about SFDK having a maze called "Carnevil" as well.

Fright Fest

Are we sure it isn't just that Crap-tacular scare zone they had by the food court in 2014? they had some clowns there, a light fog machine and metal bars forming a small path way. then the zombie clowns or whatever just kinda ran from bars to bars trying to scare people.

^ Well, it's say's on the website that not only is it a new attraction, but it requires a "Fright Pass" which would make an actual maze. I hope they actually put some effort into this one though. Wasn't the last new maze they had the one that went through Monsoon Fall's station? (I can't remember the name of it). I felt that they sort of "half @$$ed it", sort of like the crap-tacular scare zone you mentioned, so hopefully this one will say clear of that route head more towards Slaughterhouse. Also, do we know where this is going? I would assume that big tent thing in the food court because, well it's a big tent thing and they could really play around with it and make something cool!

I'd rather have the aforementioned drop tower idea be superhero themed (or another flat in that area) and Re-Roar be something else. But really, I'm gonna love it either way even if they name it "New-Steel-and-Wood-Thing-With-Some-Fun-Moments-Ride-Formerly-Known-As-Roar".

Also, there's a new maze this year for Fright Fest called "Carnevil – Death Under the Big Top." I like me some clown mazes but IDK how Great America will feel about SFDK having a maze called "Carnevil" as well.

Fright Fest

Well considering we no longer have a maze called carnevil I don't think it's a problem. Yup the maze in rue-le-dodge is getting a fresh new theme this year!

^ Well, it's say's on the website that not only is it a new attraction, but it requires a "Fright Pass" which would make an actual maze. I hope they actually put some effort into this one though. Wasn't the last new maze they had the one that went through Monsoon Fall's station? (I can't remember the name of it). I felt that they sort of "half @$$ed it", sort of like the crap-tacular scare zone you mentioned, so hopefully this one will say clear of that route head more towards Slaughterhouse. Also, do we know where this is going? I would assume that big tent thing in the food court because, well it's a big tent thing and they could really play around with it and make something cool!

I know I hit all of the fright pass ones last year, twice. The monsoon falls one sucked, not sure why that was. The actors were decent. I think the best one's last year was slaughter house farm (white water maze) and nightmare manor (bumper car maze). 3rd best was the shark experience maze, but only since it was pitch black in it's entrance.

^ Slaughter House Pigfarms is the maze that goes through the old theater ride's queue and entrance. The one that went through White Water's loading platform (Again, can't remember the name) had an old mine theme to it and was also really good, especially at night! The Shark maze seems to be getting worse every year IMO. About 2-3 event's ago they really hit the nail on the head with it, great actors, good looking sets, and themed enough so you could at least tell what they were going for. At the last FF, it seemed like they completely forgot about it until the last minute and sort threw some plywood and trash bags into it and called it a maze. I do remember going to FF early though, so maybe it got better as the event went on? And as for the Monsoon Falls maze, like I said, they just needed to put more effort into it. The actors were good, but I felt they needed some direction as in, "I know I'm a monster, but what kind of monster am I?". And sets and theming were pretty much none existent, which OK since I think the main focus was how dark it was in there and getting jump scares, which is good, but they just could have been done a lot better. Hopefully this year they'll figure out what it is exactly and really hit it out of the park!

Fright Fest

Well considering we no longer have a maze called carnevil I don't think it's a problem. Yup the maze in rue-le-dodge is getting a fresh new theme this year!

What?? That was my favorite maze! I know it was old though, but still.

I didn't go to Fright Fest at SFDK last year and I can't remember if I ended up going the year before that, the last time I think I went was the first and last year they had Total Darkness. That being said, SFDK's Fright Fest seemed a lot better when I was too scared to do any better Halloween events. It's a good "beginner" haunt but I really wish they would put more into it. It does seem like they've been doing better with scare zones (the first year I went, the only two scare zones were the crappy clown one and the one with the gators, now I think there are at least 4) but the mazes aren't getting any better. The two best mazes are still Slaughter Pig Farms and Nightmare Manor which I think are the two oldest and haven't been changed in years either.

I don't think the excuse that SFDK is mainly a family park should still apply after they [most likely] get a kickass RMC.

So apparently this was posted to Facebook earlier. I didn't see it myself, it was sent to me. So not sure if this is real or if someone mocked this up, but let the rumors start...

If it's real, I absolutely LOVE the theme and colors....*chants* please be real, please be real, please be real...nam myoho renge kyo

If this is real hopefully in 2017 or 2018 they add in a family coaster. Maybe a launched one like the seaworld's have. Cobra will be the tallest coaster at the park without a invers ::breaking news:: SFDK's matience workers are twisting the track of cobra to provide a inversion. Also the park is changing their name to Six Flags Inversion Kingdom.

I am eagerly anticipating the announcement for Roar's upgrade and I had a thought; What if SFDK decided instead of theming Roar with the "upgraded-coaster" idea used on their 5 previous IBox projects? What if they decided to theme it to something unrelated entirely? With Roar's near proximity to Superman, SFDK could expand the DC theme from the single coaster to a whole area! How cool would it be if Roar was themed to a DC villian, Lex Luthor maybe? I think Roar would look really good with lime green track!

Or maybe I'm just rambling...

Anyway, we are less than a month away from the 2016 Six Flags announcement and I'm very excited for this park!

From August 5th... I wasn't too far off I guess! Joker theme looks cool, I love the trains! Hopefully V2 gets a re-theme sometime soon as well!

^An RMC coaster with a Joker theme would be great; then again. an RMC themed to a jar of mustard would be great, as well.

Don't give them any ideas We may see Heinz mustard train wraps next season.

A Joker themed RMC would be awesome. I like how they used two different colored rails.

Lol, I guess SixFlags liked my idea, posted on TPR on May.

It would have been cool I guess to paint the two rails in a different color and make one side Batman, the other a villain.

thumb_coaster_35.jpg

Like this. None of these color suit Batman I know, it's more like the Joker

Viewed 437 times

That's incredible! Who knows, someone high up may have seen and been inspired by your post, you never know!

A Joker theme for the next RMC is one of the best ideas I've ever heard! And two different colored rails! If this turns out to be true, that would be a trend SF could do that I would totally be on board with!