TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Imagine if RMC added floorless trains in the future, not saying it is probable, but it surely isn't impossible. I think it would make the ride experience ten times better, and keep in mind the use of OTSRs is not needed IMO (restraints on Rip Rocket) this is just an idea but i would sh!t my pants if RMC ever made floorless trains for a ride. (ROAR? Jk)

To add to this I will say the same thing I said in the Dollywood thread. It is not needed, not necessary, and I assure you most people probably would not even care. RMC Coasters are all about the elements, and the airtime... Not a "gimmick" like floorless coaster trains.

Well ill add this, that was just an idea, and most of all just an opinion. Even though i recognize this is just your opinion, and it doesen't matter if "most people don't care" its simply just another kind of ride experience which catches attention, right? If its not "needed, not neccesary" (that sounds totally stupid btw) than im sure its the case for every ride, correct? Than that would mean the B&M wing coaster was not needed and not neccesary, wouldnt it? People don't design different styles of coasters cause it is "needed and neccesary" its done because its a different ride experience. Who the hell are you to say its "not needed and necessary" in the first place? What gave you that idea? The same designer of RMC designed the 4D coaster(was it not neccesary?) The word "gimmick" is so dumb please stop. Floorless trains arent a "gimmick" its a coaster with a different ride experience which gives you the sensation of having the track under you. Just people say the stand up was a "gimmick" not just a coaster designed for the sensation of standing on a coaster lmao. Im sure if the idea of floorless trains sounds good in Alan Schilke's head and he wants to add them onto a coaster "only meant for elements and airtime" to make a whole nother ride experience im sure the words"needed and necessary" arent going to stop him. Just like if B&M wanted to add winged cars onto a coaster made for "only inversions and smoothness" to add a flying sensation they... OH WAIT!!

The person didn't say gimmicks aren't nice, but they are right in saying it's not necessary either. Looking up the definition of the word "gimmick" with google it says "a trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or business." Well floorless coasters are a type of device with the drop away floors and what not.

You said you realized this is just the person's opinion, but from my point of view you just wanted to lambaste the person under the guise of defending various types of coasters that have come before. It's not like Alan from RMC is going to come on TPR, read one post and decide " oh poo-poo. One person on the internet doesn't like the idea we at RMC had, better not do it now."

Ok. Welll ummmm. So a floorless coaster fits under the definition of "gimmick" you found because it has mechanical floors? That was used to draw publicity? Have you ever thought it was just used so people could step over the track safely so the new ride experience would work? And what does TPR have to do with this? You think he has to read a forum to come up with a floorless train? How is that relevant? Nothing "isn't neccesary" people come up with ideas and do it if they like it. This guy literally is so against something that is just an idea that he felt the need to go against it on two threads. Just because something isn't probable doesen't mean its not possible. Just because you can't imagine it happening doesen't mean it won't.

If that's all your taking from my comment or his and deciding to get hostile over it, you're totally missing the point.

PS *Necessary* and *Doesn't*. Chrome and firefox have built in spellchecks on Desktop and smartphones should naturally have them built in now.

Imagine if RMC added floorless trains in the future, not saying it is probable, but it surely isn't impossible. I think it would make the ride experience ten times better, and keep in mind the use of OTSRs is not needed IMO (restraints on Rip Rocket) this is just an idea but i would sh!t my pants if RMC ever made floorless trains for a ride. (ROAR? Jk)

To add to this I will say the same thing I said in the Dollywood thread. It is not needed, not necessary, and I assure you most people probably would not even care. RMC Coasters are all about the elements, and the airtime... Not a "gimmick" like floorless coaster trains.

Well ill add this, that was just an idea, and most of all just an opinion. Even though i recognize this is just your opinion, and it doesen't matter if "most people don't care" its simply just another kind of ride experience which catches attention, right? If its not "needed, not neccesary" (that sounds totally stupid btw) than im sure its the case for every ride, correct? Than that would mean the B&M wing coaster was not needed and not neccesary, wouldnt it? People don't design different styles of coasters cause it is "needed and neccesary" its done because its a different ride experience. Who the hell are you to say its "not needed and necessary" in the first place? What gave you that idea? The same designer of RMC designed the 4D coaster(was it not neccesary?) The word "gimmick" is so dumb please stop. Floorless trains arent a "gimmick" its a coaster with a different ride experience which gives you the sensation of having the track under you. Just people say the stand up was a "gimmick" not just a coaster designed for the sensation of standing on a coaster lmao. Im sure if the idea of floorless trains sounds good in Alan Schilke's head and he wants to add them onto a coaster "only meant for elements and airtime" to make a whole nother ride experience im sure the words"needed and necessary" arent going to stop him. Just like if B&M wanted to add winged cars onto a coaster made for "only inversions and smoothness" to add a flying sensation they... OH WAIT!!

The person didn't say gimmicks aren't nice, but they are right in saying it's not necessary either. Looking up the definition of the word "gimmick" with google it says "a trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or business." Well floorless coasters are a type of device with the drop away floors and what not.

You said you realized this is just the person's opinion, but from my point of view you just wanted to lambaste the person under the guise of defending various types of coasters that have come before. It's not like Alan from RMC is going to come on TPR, read one post and decide " oh poo-poo. One person on the internet doesn't like the idea we at RMC had, better not do it now."

Ok. Welll ummmm. So a floorless coaster fits under the definition of "gimmick" you found because it has mechanical floors? That was used to draw publicity? Have you ever thought it was just used so people could step over the track safely so the new ride experience would work? And what does TPR have to do with this? You think he has to read a forum to come up with a floorless train? How is that relevant? Nothing "isn't neccesary" people come up with ideas and do it if they like it. This guy literally is so against something that is just an idea that he felt the need to go against it on two threads. Just because something isn't probable doesen't mean its not possible. Just because you can't imagine it happening doesen't mean it won't.

If that's all your taking from my comment or his and deciding to get hostile over it, you're totally missing the point.

PS *Necessary* and *Doesn't*. Chrome and firefox have built in spellchecks on Desktop and smartphones should naturally have them built in now.

First off, this is a forum. If i need to get my point across fast on a mobile phone, and i know you will still be able to understand it, I do not care about my spelling or grammar in this situation. This is a debate and if you can't decipher things like; putting cant instead of can't, doesnt instead of doesn't, Necessary instead of neccesary (i wonder what dat means derp) (things of that nature) then there is something wrong. If i was in English composition, or a professional work place, or i was talking to you in person i would bring out the good grammar. However, this is not English class and i am not being graded.

I only brought up a simple thing that would be fun to imagine and talk about, and somebody replied with there opinion and i argued it because IMO it was a close minded opinion.

If i was in English composition, or a professional work place, or i was talking to you in person i would bring out the good grammar. However, this is not English class and i am not being graded.

Check out the terms of service/rules that are posted at the top of the board please.

9. Spelling and Grammar - bad spelling and grammar will NOT be tolerated! Theme Park Review's forum includes a spell checker and there is a great one available with Google's Toolbar. If we have to edit too many of your posts, you may be suspended from the forum. Text Message shorthand or "l77t" speak is not allowed. A typo here and there is acceptable, but illegible posts are not.

You're posts have been nothing but walls of text and you only do yourself a disservice when posting like that, because everyone in the world hates walls of text that have no attempt at spacing in them. Even I suck at spelling and grammar honestly but saying you don't care about how you write and how you come off across while doing so just proves that no one should really bother viewing your postings.All of this said, I'm not going to bother anymore either. If you want to see my lack of replying directly to you as a victory, go for it. Meanwhile I'll likely be going back to the park soon and I am once again glad the ride op's of roar let the last public train do 3 laps around roar before it "closed for good".

I'll be sure to bring my camera if anything major has been done and can get a good viewing angle on it.

I know this is probably a bit presumptive, given that we haven't had any official announcement yet, but assuming that Roar is indeed getting RMC'd, does anybody have any educated guess as to when it might open next season? I am hopefully going to be making my first trip out to the park early next year, either in late February, or March sometime. Any chance it's up and running by then? I'm not familiar with how long these RMC conversions typically take...

I know this is probably a bit presumptive, given that we haven't had any official announcement yet, but assuming that Roar is indeed getting RMC'd, does anybody have any educated guess as to when it might open next season? I am hopefully going to be making my first trip out to the park early next year, either in late February, or March sometime. Any chance it's up and running by then? I'm not familiar with how long these RMC conversions typically take...

Six Flags aims for Memorial Day weekend for all their new ride openings, barring any delays. It's been this way for several years now, so unfortunately there is no chance of a late winter opening.

If i was in English composition, or a professional work place, or i was talking to you in person i would bring out the good grammar. However, this is not English class and i am not being graded.

Check out the terms of service/rules that are posted at the top of the board please.

9. Spelling and Grammar - bad spelling and grammar will NOT be tolerated! Theme Park Review's forum includes a spell checker and there is a great one available with Google's Toolbar. If we have to edit too many of your posts, you may be suspended from the forum. Text Message shorthand or "l77t" speak is not allowed. A typo here and there is acceptable, but illegible posts are not.

You're posts have been nothing but walls of text and you only do yourself a disservice when posting like that, because everyone in the world hates walls of text that have no attempt at spacing in them. Even I suck at spelling and grammar honestly but saying you don't care about how you write and how you come off across while doing so just proves that no one should really bother viewing your postings.All of this said, I'm not going to bother anymore either. If you want to see my lack of replying directly to you as a victory, go for it. Meanwhile I'll likely be going back to the park soon and I am once again glad the ride op's of roar let the last public train do 3 laps around roar before it "closed for good".

I'll be sure to bring my camera if anything major has been done and can get a good viewing angle on it.

I understand those rules, but i really do not think those punishments apply to people that you can understand IMO. I can understand high school kids that talk like idiots (lolz, omgzz!! And huge mistakes in general) but i don't think im going to be banned for small errors like that.

Its funny how when people run out of points to bring up or things to say they automatically resort to grammar. "Yeah you brought up a good point, but i don't really have anything interesting to say anymore so im going to point out you put theyre instead of they're on a amuesment park forum...i win!!!" If you can't back up that if a style of a coaster "isn't neccesary" (still doesn't make much sense to me tbh) then just do me a favor and don't reply.

Re: the animals at SFDK...

I really hope they don't abandon the animal exhibits they have, but they are moving more towards a rides focus as it's been a few years since they've added any major new animal exhibit and they've removed a few in the mean time. I do think a lot of their exhibits are lacking but they could renovate them if they wanted. I still like the sharks even though it's not the best shark exhibit I've ever seen. It's classic Marine World

In that vein... does anyone know why SFDK isn't AZA (American Zoo Association) accredited? I didn't think they were but I confirmed it when I visited the AZA website. Idk if it's because they don't fit the bill or because Six Flags doesn't need or care about AZA accreditation because they're Six Flags.

I can't wait for the Roar announcement because I honestly have no idea what to expect! And via TimeHop apparently I had no idea what to expect with Superman 4 years ago either, and that announcement blew me away!

This Sunday august 30th if you buy a churro you get ERT after the park closes to the public. Seems like it it applies at most of the parks too.

Also the season meal pass, you can get a churro off it at outpost cafe in the center of the park. So, guess i know what my snack is.

https://www.sixflags.com/national/churro-ride-time-event

"Not valid at The Great Escape, La Ronde or Six Flags Mexico."

Not that it's much of a secret but... I'm at SFNE, and just sat in front of the park president on Wicked Cyclone... he was chatting with another SF executive... it's definitely confirmed that Roar is going to get RMC'ed.

Six Flags aims for Memorial Day weekend for all their new ride openings, barring any delays. It's been this way for several years now, so unfortunately there is no chance of a late winter opening.

After looking around a little, I came to this same conclusion as well... Thanks for the response, and confirmation, however!

Not that it's much of a secret but... I'm at SFNE, and just sat in front of the park president on Wicked Cyclone... he was chatting with another SF executive... it's definitely confirmed that Roar is going to get RMC'ed.

Did he say anything about theming/new name?

It's less then 10 days away until we find out from six flags themselves on sep 3rd. However with Roar's history " named after the roar of a mighty sea lion" I'm betting it might be themed to that. After all, Tsunami Soaker is right on the outskirts of the structure.

No names or anything. They were talking about the design of the RMC'ed Roar, and that it was a good design (I didn't get the details because of all the ambient noise surrounding Wicked Cyclone. They were talking about the ride (WC), and how Roar's design is also really good and full of airtime. That's the jist, but for sure it's confirmed

No names or anything. They were talking about the design of the RMC'ed Roar, and that it was a good design (I didn't get the details because of all the ambient noise surrounding Wicked Cyclone. They were talking about the ride (WC), and how Roar's design is also really good and full of airtime. That's the jist, but for sure it's confirmed

I like the sound of that!

I'm still thinking we may be seeing it themed to a super hero/villain. Lex Luthor, anyone?

I actually hope it's not superhero themed. I've liked all of the revamp names for the RMCed coasters. I hope they keep Roar in the name, something simple and catchy (Like Wicked Cyclone or Twisted Colossus) but unique. I've thought about it and can't come up with anything, but I'm sure whatever they come up with will be great!

and how Roar's design is also really good and full of airtime.

He really said that? Because GCI twister designs have little to no airtime. I'm sure that after the conversion, it will be packed with airtime.

It had more airtime than Colossus had. Does anyone know about Texas Giant, Rattler, or Cyclone?

While I don't disagree with you, just know that nothing is really "confirmed" in this business until it's announced and even then construction starts. I can't tell you how many rides I've been told about or overheard about throughout the years that never ended up happening. And there have been plenty of announced rides that also never happened. Even right at SFNE Batman Dark Knight was well under construction and then it never happened.

So while I'm fully expecting the Roar RMC announcement on the 3rd, overhearing some people talk about a future ride never means it's "confirmed."

I actually hope it's not superhero themed. I've liked all of the revamp names for the RMCed coasters. I hope they keep Roar in the name, something simple and catchy (Like Wicked Cyclone or Twisted Colossus) but unique. I've thought about it and can't come up with anything, but I'm sure whatever they come up with will be great!

I think it would be awesome to expand the superhero theme in that area. Who knows?

Edited by chickenbowl

I'd rather have the aforementioned drop tower idea be superhero themed (or another flat in that area) and Re-Roar be something else. But really, I'm gonna love it either way even if they name it "New-Steel-and-Wood-Thing-With-Some-Fun-Moments-Ride-Formerly-Known-As-Roar".

Also, there's a new maze this year for Fright Fest called "Carnevil – Death Under the Big Top." I like me some clown mazes but IDK how Great America will feel about SFDK having a maze called "Carnevil" as well.

Fright Fest