TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

How about calling it RAWR?

Only if dinosphere comes back. The water splash down on that 3d motion ride totally got me as a kid.

(might of been Dino island 2 after googling it and boy that cgi animation is rough.)

Edited by Fire2box

SFDK made a HUGE mistake. Roar is an awesome wooden roller coaster that is actually quite smooth. The one at SFA is brutal, so that one should have gotten the RMC. I'm really worried now that great woodies now in addition to the crappy ones are getting the iron horse treatment.

So what you are saying is that theme parks should not invest to make their rides more modern and better? There will always be a small group of people wanting to protest the closing of attractions.

Right now Roar is not a high ranking coaster, and I have not heard too many people heartbroken about this closing. RMC will make this a top ranking coaster, that is intense, smooth, and probably inverting to some extent. I was never a fan of GCI twister layouts, and would take an RMC over most any day.

I would take an RMC over most other coasters any day

They shut down roar, for this?: The Ride

Ya know, for the general public who aren't in the rumor loop on social media and are asking " why?" or bashing the idea.

Are they? I doubt it. Most of the gp will flock to the park to ride the "new" ride.... they don't care otherwise.

^What Robb said. Basically, at this point, RMC hasn't made anything short of outstanding yet (or so I'm told, since I'm regrettably still an RMC virgin), so virtually any wooden coaster, regardless of whether it even needs it, will likely be getting improved upon!

Exactly. It would be like if someone came along and said to me "Hey, I see you have a totally average 2013 Toyota Corolla that seems to be operating just fine and nothing is really wrong with it. Would you rather have this brand new BMW 7-Series instead?"

Nobody in their right minds would ever say no to that.

Almost exactly the same analogy I thought of.

A Cedar Fair RMC is so overdue. It's been confirmed over and over again that they don't have a contract with Six Flags only, but IDK what Cedar Fair is thinking not wanting to recruit them to rehab some woodies that NEED to be rehabbed badly. Ghostrider, Mean Streak, Grizzly at CGA, Hurler at King's Dominion, Mighty Canadian Minebuster or Wilde Beast, all of those woodies are just begging for I Box track.

Wow.... It'd be amazing if this happened. It's pretty much confirmed now.

I was unimaginably excited when TC was announced. It was an RMC 5 or 6 hours from my house.

Now there will be one 20 minutes from my house.

I am going to ride this thing so much!!!

They shut down roar, for this?: The Ride

Ya know, for the general public who aren't in the rumor loop on social media and are asking " why?" or bashing the idea.

Are they? I doubt it. Most of the gp will flock to the park to ride the "new" ride.... they don't care otherwise.

i'm referring to the people freaking out over the closure of the ride currently, not knowing it's more then likely going to be RMC'ed. I guess most people only believe what they hear from the park.

Went to the park Tuesday ( july 21st) and brought along 3 friends for BAFF Tuesday. we did bumper cars three, roar 3 times, sky scream and medusa. Saw the ferret's I think the white one is perhaps the other ones mom? the sloth was very active and the grey/black woff Wyatt was up and about with taala the artic wolf in the corner in shade sleeping.

on my 3rd ride of Roar I bumped my hand or forearm into the left arm of my eyeglasses and they fell off going right up the incline into the brake run. Right after I go to guest services to file a a report and describe it as best I could. the glasses likely didn't survive the fall and it was 100% my fault and i'm just glad no one got hit by them. My friend asked if they landed on the tracks despite being in the front row with me. I'm like "are you freaking joking? There's like 11 car's behind us. it ain't on the tracks."

that said those glasses have been with me since at least early 2012 and it's been time to get my eyes checked as well as a new prescription. 8/10 on stupidity level, wouldn't recommend.

Edited by Fire2box

Roar to be silenced August 16th!

So we'll finally hear the end of it?

I see what you did there.

Can't wait to find out what my new closest RMC will be like. It's a bit strange to see a newer woodie get the treatment. I never thought it was one of the worst, though I've heard stories about its poor aging, and it's definitely a lower-tier GCI.

Now what are they going to name it?

Roar of Goliath

Goliath

Roary McIlroy's Big Spin

Bourban Street Fireball

Roarin' Over NoCal

Roaring Thunder

Justice League: Roar