TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

The rider-cam footage at the beginning is from Twisted Colossus, and I can't decide if it's just Six Flags not caring as usual or if somebody knew exactly what they were doing.

Well, I'm pretty sure that Roar's thumbnail was Roar at SF America for the longest time, so I think it's safe to go with no one really cared.

I'll be VERY happy to see a typical "meh" Great Coasters woodie replaced by a totally kick ass RMC! If this goes well, I hope it becomes a trend. Then all those GCI's that I've felt so lackluster about might actually be something I'd want to ride!

Roar to be silenced August 16th!

So we'll finally hear the end of it?

I see what you did there.

Can't wait to find out what my new closest RMC will be like. It's a bit strange to see a newer woodie get the treatment. I never thought it was one of the worst, though I've heard stories about its poor aging, and it's definitely a lower-tier GCI.

Now what are they going to name it?

It's a bit strange to see a newer woodie get the treatment. I never thought it was one of the worst, though I've heard stories about its poor aging, and it's definitely a lower-tier GCI.

Interesting, I didnt think of that, is this the newest coaster to get the makeover?

Regarding it's aging, ironically it's been running great in the last year and a half or so. It used to have this horrible dip in the bottom of the first drop that hurt like hell. About a year ago or a little more they did some serious retracking that made a huge difference. It's not gold striker or el toro smooth, but it's not mean streak rough anymore either.

I can't fucking wait for this. SFDK is my home park, and while I enjoy Roar as is, after riding TC last month..... I'll most definitely welcome RMC to NorCal. Robb, can I mention my interest in a media day already or is it too soon?

ROARgasm!

Well, that's at least my vote....

My son suggested "More Roar" lol and "Roar:Reloaded"

More Roar. I like it.

I hope the ride ops don't have say More Roar three times fast when they dispatch a train.

Seriously, the first time I saw Roar the first drop reminded me of pictures of a Harry Traver Cyclone coaster. Riding it was less impressive. Glad my "home park" is getting an RMC, apparently. It will be a design challenge to have a "shorter" coaster be amazing, I wonder if they'll increase the height or leave it the same.

It's going to be interesting to see what RMC does with the first drop for Roar. I don't think that they would just keep it the same simple curve.

Hopefully they can round the ride out more as well. The GCI twisters are more of a "front seat" only ride when it comes to forces. You don't get much air in the back. Only a few that I have ridden give little floater pops. I would like to see something more rounded like NTAG or iRat.

I mainly want to see some extreme banking turns like Outlaw run has. Something like TC's high five element but with a actual turn in it.

And yeah hopefully six flags moves the current trains to Roar (East) they are my favorite seats at SFDK.

Don't anyone hate me for this comment, but I feel a little conflicted because I actually really like Roar the way it is. I wish we could keep Roar AND still get an awesome RMC.

However, I'm absolutely THRILLED that my home park is most likely getting an RMC!! I'm still a little in shock about this, because I never would have expected SFDK to get one so soon, let alone ever! I can't believe that I'm going to have what likely might be a top 10 coaster within an hour's drive of where I live! I really can't wait to see what they're going to be doing with this!

Take that, CGA!

Only bummer for me is I really want to visit on Roar's last day to get one last ride on it, but that's the day I'm slated to fly home from my summer at Busch Gardens. I'm almost tempted to see if I can get off a few days early (which might end up happening anyway). We shall see!

Based on Roar's layout, I think the ride will end up being a smaller NTaG with some WC and Steel Medusa mixed in.

I think it's hard to say that it will be similar to any other RMC. RMC has done an exceptional job at making their coasters different from one another. This is one of the more unique layouts they've gotten their hands on.