TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

No explanation was given. At first, I thought they may have been reserving the row for Flash Pass riders when I saw it empty while waiting in line, but when I got to the station, I saw a sign saying the row was closed.
Superman only has flash pass by upcharge reservation, so that wouldn't be the reason. It was probably someone puked or expelled another bodily fluid in that row before you got there, or possibly a temporary problem with the seat belts.

I'm going to be at the park next Sunday. What's the best touring plan? My initial thought was to head straight for Superman and get a few rides in early, then hit the other coasters on that side of the entrance before moving to the other side. How are all the animal attractions or other park features? Anything particularly worth doing or skipping? Thanks!

I'm going to be at the park next Sunday. What's the best touring plan? My initial thought was to head straight for Superman and get a few rides in early, then hit the other coasters on that side of the entrance before moving to the other side. How are all the animal attractions or other park features? Anything particularly worth doing or skipping? Thanks!

Definately hit the Superman side first as Superman can get a long line on the right day. Medusa has been a walk on for me every time I have gone including weekends.

As for the animal attractions it depends what you like. My last visit we went to the cirque splashtastic show and I walked out because it bored me. But that's just me. Drench is a good dolphin show. I haven't seen any of the other shows so maybe someone else can chime in on them. But the exhibits are cool to check out if you've never been to the park.

I agree. Run to Superman right away and get as many rides as you would like on it then. The line will only get worse as the day progresses. Yesterday, I was able to get on it twice with a 15-20 minute wait an hour after opening, but when I returned around 5, the line appeared to be 1 1/2-2 hours.

Medusa had a 20-30 minute wait in the afternoon. Most people head to Medusa right away, so that line is worst at the park's opening. Boomerang, Kong, and Roar were all 15-20 minute waits. V2 was a one to two train wait all day. Sky Screamer had a 45-60 minute wait all day as well. Other than that, the flats weren't bad. Then the river rapids ride gets an extremely long line as well if you are interested in it.

Was at the park today, and actually sat in row 4 on Superman, so couldn't tell you what the issues were before. Pretty crowded day actually. Never waited more than 30 minutes, but parking lot was full (they even used the fairgrounds parking across the street it looked like), and there were a ton of people walking around in the park.

Got my first ride on Tsunami Soaker, and while it is faaar from a thrill ride, it sure is a hell of a lot of fun. You most definitely get soaked too. I'm not sure you could go on that ride without getting fully soaked.

Overall a good day. Even got to meet Wayde from "Tanked" on Animal Planet who was randomly there with his family. Very nice guy in the 2 minutes I talked to him.

Monitoring tweeter, it looks like SFDK will be okay.

News10Dean ‏@News10Dean 28m

QUAKE: Six Flags undergoing inspection. Not sustained damage. Animals were immediately checked out and found to be fine. @News10_CA

Wondering what the best strategy for the park is. We are going this Saturday and have Gold Passes from SFMM, so we can do the early entry. How does early entry work here? I know at MM they have a little gate on the far side that gold people line up at, is it the same here.

We are going to probably grab a gold flash pass (use the 2 for 1 coupon we have with the season pass), but what should we head to with early entry? At MM we usually run over to Yolo for a few rides, then try and squeeze an X2 in and then go get our passes. I think everything here is on the FP, but figure we can still get a few good rides in before the masses.

Any suggestions would be great. I want to get as much in as possible as we will have to leave around 6.

Wondering what the best strategy for the park is. We are going this Saturday and have Gold Passes from SFMM, so we can do the early entry. How does early entry work here? I know at MM they have a little gate on the far side that gold people line up at, is it the same here.

We are going to probably grab a gold flash pass (use the 2 for 1 coupon we have with the season pass), but what should we head to with early entry? At MM we usually run over to Yolo for a few rides, then try and squeeze an X2 in and then go get our passes. I think everything here is on the FP, but figure we can still get a few good rides in before the masses.

Any suggestions would be great. I want to get as much in as possible as we will have to leave around 6.

Run to Superman immediately and get as many rides as you want right away. Within a few hours after opening, the line will be very long due to the one 12 person car and it is my favorite ride at the park. Make sure you get to ride in the backseat at least once.

Afterwards, I would recommend hitting Roar since the park tends to run one train on it and since they retracked the first drop, it is a very fun ride.

Other than that, the coaster lines are manageable. Medusa should be about 20-30 minutes from noon on (it gets the longest line immediately after opening), Roar and Boomerang should be 10-20 minutes, and V2 should be a walk-on or a one train wait most of the day. The only other ride that will have a long line is the Sky Screamer (40-60 minutes).

Run to Superman immediately and get as many rides as you want right away. Within a few hours after opening, the line will be very long due to the one 12 person car and it is my favorite ride at the park. Make sure you get to ride in the backseat at least once.

Afterwards, I would recommend hitting Roar since the park tends to run one train on it and since they retracked the first drop, it is a very fun ride.

Other than that, the coaster lines are manageable. Medusa should be about 20-30 minutes from noon on (it gets the longest line immediately after opening), Roar and Boomerang should be 10-20 minutes, and V2 should be a walk-on or a one train wait most of the day. The only other ride that will have a long line is the Sky Screamer (40-60 minutes).

Since you have gold passes, as long as you aren't wanting multiple rerides of Superman in a row, you should instead start with Medusa since thats all your gold pass is good for as far as early entry. SFDK doesn't have gold pass entry into the park, they have gold pass entry into Oasis Plaza where Medusa, Kong, and Sky Screamer are at. When you come into the park and approach the plaza they will have a rope up, go to the right side of the rope and they will have a seperate line for gold pass holders. This will get you into the plaza 10 minutes early, though the coasters won't open any earlier so it really just gets you onto the first or second Medusa train. (I found out last time I was there that they wont even let you line up early for Kong, the entire queue is closed until park opening, so Medusa is literally the only thing to do with "early entry")

From there hit Kong and then Skyscreamer if you want, and then make a B line for Superman. Though the Superman line can appear long, it almost always has A+ operations, so it moves much faster than it should. If the lower queue is totally full, you're still only looking at 30-40 minutes. By this time of day youll probably have about 3 switchbacks full, maybe 30 min wait I'd guess. After that hit Roar, if it's running two trains the line moves faster, if it's running one train it moves very slow, but theyve been doing two lately and it has been recently retracked and is running better than ever. V2 almost never has any kind of line anymore, so you can hit that whenever, and Boomerang is by itself if you're feeling sadistic and want to ride it.

There are actually 0 signs in the entire park pointing you to Boomerang (I've looked), if you want to ride it take the M&M stairs that are on your left as you're heading to Oasis Plaza from the front gate and turn right at Toyota Stadium, then youll run right into it on your right. I usually ride it once at the end of the day and that usually prompts me to head for the parking lot

Last I checked Superman was the only thing not on the Flash Pass, it was a reservation upcharge like X2 or YOLO. If you want to ride it a bunch of times then head there first and forget the gold pass, then do Medusa on your flash pass.

The park might get a super loop? Where'd you hear that???

It's the latest rumor on Scream Scape. www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_discovery_kingdom.htm

Apparently SFDK and SfGadv are both going to get them next year, and I think it would be a pretty cool edition to the parks! I rode one of the "newer" Larson loops at the state fair a few years ago, and I thought it was great, so a 70ft+ tall one would be awesome!