TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Just filled out the survey myself.... Gotta say (while keeping confidentiality of course), if they truly go the route that they talked about in the survey, I think that would make for a very unique ride, and one that would definitely attract some attention to the park and be a must ride for most of my trips there. My only worry is the ride that is currently named something similar, though seemingly not as immersive as this potential new ride. How long is this potential new ride going to be? Seems like this could need a lot of construction. Is the existing similarly named ride going to stay, or will it be taken out/partially reused?

No matter how they choose to do it, if this potential ride is built, I think it will be a great addition to the park.

My survey only asked specific questions about one concept also. But, if there are more, maybe we really are all talking about different things haha. At least we're all excited, so maybe any of them would be good additions!

Just filled out the survey myself.... Gotta say (while keeping confidentiality of course), if they truly go the route that they talked about in the survey, I think that would make for a very unique ride, and one that would definitely attract some attention to the park and be a must ride for most of my trips there. My only worry is the ride that is currently named something similar, though seemingly not as immersive as this potential new ride. How long is this potential new ride going to be? Seems like this could need a lot of construction. Is the existing similarly named ride going to stay, or will it be taken out/partially reused?

No matter how they choose to do it, if this potential ride is built, I think it will be a great addition to the park.

That makes it sound like a coaster.

Hmm, interesting. Well then, maybe a flat? If it is a ride and not a coaster, it could be a flat ride since the word "ride" was mentioned, but maybe something else? Also the word "immersive" makes it sound like either a good deal of theming or maybe something that is more of an experience than just a ride.

Can't wait to find out!

Edited by Tmcdllr

So far (without breaking confidentiality of course) there are 4 different concepts.. All very interesting indeed...

So you've heard of all 4? The confidentiality agreement only mentioned not posting the concepts on another website, but didn't mention anything about sharing them with others privately. Any chance I could get a PM?

I read this and here's my guess...a full-sized train ride?

How do I get on this survey list? I swear I've signed up to take surveys, and every time they have sent me surveys about Fright Fest or my general experience, I take them. You guys are making my curiosity run wild, this cat is going to die a horrible death. I take great surveys! C'mon SFDK!

On a different note.... is there anyone who needs to buy a '14 pass and is available this Friday? We have 3 people and we need 4 to do the pass deal. Only $60 and includes upgrade to Gold. If you're interested in going in with us, message me or rolercstrluvr and we can talk.

On a different note.... is there anyone who needs to buy a '14 pass and is available this Friday? We have 3 people and we need 4 to do the pass deal. Only $60 and includes upgrade to Gold. If you're interested in going in with us, message me or rolercstrluvr and we can talk.

Yes, if anyone would like to go to the park this Friday, you can join us and join in on the gold pass deal. So please message us as soon as you can.

They have room. If they want something to happen, they'll find room or they wouldn't propose it in the first place. Could you imagine? "Okay, we have this great new coaster all planned out, we're ready to start construction... oh dammit, I forgot that we don't have room. Oh well, let's just get a few more kiddie flats and call it a day."

Plus, I saw something about them having an arrangement with the city to get a parking garage, and if that happens, it would probably free up space from the parking lot.