TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

How many times would you have to eat for it to be a deal? Looking at the menu it seems like if you just had 3 dinners and 3 lunches it would be worth it, but that's just guessing that each meal averages about $7. Anyone know the prices of the meals? I was really excited for the BBQ place to be included, until I saw it was only the Chicken Sandwich.

Really? I actually think their food is very good, especially for SF parks. They have a wider variety than most parks and it's all pretty good. The crepes are some of the best anywhere, and the BBQ place is pretty good. Granted their basic items are nothing special and are overpriced, like most parks, but I thought overall they were pretty good. Guess it's just a matter of preference!

The crepes are good, I'll give you that. But when you eat at Disney or Universal parks, or even the local competition, CGA, SFDK food is just so cafeteria. I would rather just eat before and after the park. But this is all just me too. Other people have their own tastes, I've just had bad experience with the park's food.

Well, time to string up that banner! In addition, I believe it would be 80 times better if they had all the employees wear Ravens jerseys for opening weekend, and not just the GM on a day the park probably won't even be open. If you're reading this Charles, I suggest passing the Idea along as I'm sure my former co-workers would be most enthusiastic about this once in a lifetime opportunity

Also, they'd have to pay ME seventy bucks for a dining pass.

How many times would you have to eat for it to be a deal? Looking at the menu it seems like if you just had 3 dinners and 3 lunches it would be worth it, but that's just guessing that each meal averages about $7. Anyone know the prices of the meals? I was really excited for the BBQ place to be included, until I saw it was only the Chicken Sandwich.

I think about 7 or 8 meals and you'd have already gotten your money's worth. The average price I see is about $9 for a meal.

I'm not the person to ask about what's good to eat in the park and what isn't. Being vegetarian, there's only one or two meals I can actually eat. Even though I could get better food outside the park, the convenience is what's making this deal attractive to me.

However, during Holiday in the Park they had some really great things to eat. If you're getting the dining pass and think you'll go to HiP at least once, I'd recommend doing the add-on!

That's not a bad deal then. It seems you will have to visit at least 4 days to make it worth it, but for locals it could work out pretty well. The parents who use the park as a babysitter will definitely like it.

SFDK lost their super bowl bet. They should be happy that they have the much better park though.

From their FB page:

As part of the Super Bowl wager with our sister park Six Flags America, our park president Don McCoy had to wear a Ravens' jersey and cap all day at work - and here's the banner we're hanging up plus the basket of San Francisco treats we had to send to the winning park. We certainly held up our end!

539626_10151487279122743_428128684_n.jpg

The crepes are good, I'll give you that. But when you eat at Disney or Universal parks, or even the local competition, CGA, SFDK food is just so cafeteria. I would rather just eat before and after the park. But this is all just me too. Other people have their own tastes, I've just had bad experience with the park's food.

Yeah I've made quite a few trips to that Carls Jr across the street...and Carls isn't exactly high class food either!

Yeah I've made quite a few trips to that Carls Jr across the street...and Carls isn't exactly high class food either!

Same here. Carl's tastes MUCH better than anything I've eaten at SFDK and Carl's is much cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...

From Screamscape

(2/22/13) Screamscape sources tell us that Six Flags Discovery Kingdom will rename the former Shouka Stadium as Toyota Stadium, and will then introduce a new and different dolphin based show here called Drench.

This sounds about right to me. They have a lot of dolphins at the park and Shouka... uhh Toyota Stadium is the largest capacity venue at the park. Makes sense to have it used. It makes a huge difference on a busy summer day to pull 3,500 people off the midways for 30-45 mins. Helps keeps lines for rides and food stands short.

Ironically this is the second stadium at the park to be called Toyota Stadium. Chabot Stadium was called Toyota for a few years when Ski Xtreme was around.

Also allows for them to open the season with a dolphin show if Cirque isn't ready yet. Also I doubt Cirque will play past summer because of the actors and production and what not, so they will still have a show to entertain guests during the rest of the year.

How have other SF parks done their Cirque shows? I want to say the one at SFoT was only summer months, right?

I'm actually looking forward to this show. I always liked the dolphin show when it was in that stadium before, and this looks like a good alternative to the Shouka show in the hot, early afternoon.

I've already heard a few people saying they don't think the dolphins will be able to get anyone wet. I disagree. I don't doubt for a moment that SFDK will design a show to get the first few rows of the crowd on both sides seriously wet.