TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

I went to SFDK today and it was pretty packed. I went to see shouka stadium to see if there was anything there and there was a sign that meantioned the new 2013 attraction (it didn't say much, and I am sry that there isn't a pic) with a guy there. I asked him if it was going to be a new show and he said probable. My mom then asked if it was going to be a coaster and he said I cant tell you... so whaddya think?? Anyone else see this?? It is at the walkway behind shouka stadium, near the white water safari. So what do you think its going to be?

Don't they still have that unused dino theater building? (the name of the ride escapes me)

Perhaps a Dark knight style wild mouse is going to be using that space.

It's still there as far as I known, but i went in the 2010 season and haven't been back since. Though in 2010, they made it a fright fest path, at least the path outside the building. it ended out by the Exit of the theather.

Anyways it was Dinosphere once and had a robotic T-rex head over the side of the tall wodden fence/wall. The last ride i went on was in the 2006 or 2007 season and it was some lame 2D Stargate ride, and I like Stargate.

Don't they still have that unused dino theater building? (the name of the ride escapes me)

Perhaps a Dark knight style wild mouse is going to be using that space.

In my wildest dreams SFDK would use the old Dinosphere building for a Verbolten type attraction. They could either put it next to Boomerang/Tasmanian Devil and then go into the building, or take out Boomerang or Tasmanian Devil and use that space too, or take out Kong and use all of that space and the building. I think it would be an awesome ride, but I don't see SFDK building anything like that any time soon. I'll keep dreaming though... lol

^ Well, I wouldn't say a new show is a bad thing. For the most part, the shows at SFDK are great, and I don't think this will be any exception to that! You have to remember, the park focuses on both rides and animals, and I think its about time they do an animal attraction or two.

^ I think SFDK has enough coasters and you have to remember that you just got a new one this year. Also a drop tower won't make much sense due to the strict height restriction (150ft) and the fact that there is a drop tower already in that height range in the area.

Imo, I think they have enough shows and animals... So I would like a drop tower this year... even a clone of batman would be nice... its just that they don't have enough rollercoasters...

I'd love to know where in the park they could place a Batman Clone.

In terms of logistics, animals attract a more family oriented audience than say, a megaton thrill machine. The park has a balance of both animals and rides. Since the park just happens to have an empty show stadium now....wouldn't it be the most logical focus for next year's addition? Not to mention they just added a major new coaster this year...

That drop tower story was a fanboy rumor, nothing more.

I'd love to know where in the park they could place a Batman Clone.

Well if the fairgrounds deal is still on the table...

If they did end up buying that land, I'd say it would most likely be used as a water park more than an extension of the amusement area.

V I fail then.

Edited by SoCalCoasters

I'm guessing their 2013 announcement will be a new show to replace Shouka, probably something in Pacific Stadium but possibly that rumored cirque/dolphin show which could happen in Dolphin Harbor and Pacific could stay vacant for now...

...but... I'm hoping the new show will serve as a replacement for Shouka, and the announcement will include that and something brand new. We'll see... this week is already shaping up to be very exciting with all the announcements on the horizon!

Just two days until we announce our newest attraction to debut in 2013! Some of you may think it's for the birds ..

488168_10151204993757743_1446283741_n.jpg

From SFDK Facebook

Ahhhhh I'm dying to know!! Two more days!!

anddd... GP comments:

skyscreamer
Shouka an mate!!!!!
a 500 ft. launch coaster.....PLEEASEEEEEEEEE?

Most of the "guesses" I saw on there either consisted of "never gonna happen" coaster requests, or "BRING SHOUKA BACK!!"