TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

I can't get the fact that this is a Premier ride and not Maurer. Seriously, they have really identical tracks. The ride also looks more compact than in the animation video, which I love!

Remember that it was Premier that was first with this track style, and not Maurer!

*drools* I'm going to make this my desktop to replace the S:UF concept art photo I currently have!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the TR!! Thank you Charles!!

I can't wait!! Looks like the non-inverting loop is almost done! I've been itching with anticipation to see it go up!! It's even more sexy than the concept photo!

I'm fully convinced even if I can't make it on the 21st, I need to make it that weekend!!

No problem guys! Here is today's update. You can see concrete is in and track work is moving fast!

No concrete yesterday, today DONE!

No walls yesterday, today almost DONE!

Cliffhanger piece

This was around 12 noon

Around 6pm

And non-inverting loop DONE

Only a few parts to go!

Until next time!

Wow, that really is taking shape fast! That non inverting loop looks pretty crazy and definitely less 'circular' than the concept.

One thing I was wondering... The old Zonga station that will be part of the queue, is the rest of that outside area between the old station and the S:UF station going to have any kind of shade? Also it looks like you'll be going up some steps to wind through some switchbacks, go back down some steps, and back up? Seems kind of awkward to me.

Other than that, this looks like it's going to be pretty sweet. I can't wait to see the completed circuit and some testing action!

Is it actually possible for them to get this ride completed AND tested in under 3 weeks?

Anyway it's shaping up well and looks awesome! I thought it looked kind of "meh" in the concept art for some reason, but now that it's actually being built it looks awesome.

Wow, that really is taking shape fast! That non inverting loop looks pretty crazy and definitely less 'circular' than the concept.

One thing I was wondering... The old Zonga station that will be part of the queue, is the rest of that outside area between the old station and the S:UF station going to have any kind of shade? Also it looks like you'll be going up some steps to wind through some switchbacks, go back down some steps, and back up? Seems kind of awkward to me.

Other than that, this looks like it's going to be pretty sweet. I can't wait to see the completed circuit and some testing action!

We will be using the old queue so yes it will be just as you described. Beyond that we still have some surprises up our sleeves, so you will just have to wait and see

Non-inverting loop... I love the look of it so much! Can't wait to see the rest of this go up!! And the awesome cliff-hanger!!!

We will be using the old queue so yes it will be just as you described. Beyond that we still have some surprises up our sleeves, so you will just have to wait and see

OOooh I like surprises.

Very cool pictures! Love the updates, and yeah, now that they've made progress on the station, the track work is picking up. I can't decide whether I should make the trip up there this year or next once CGAs supposed coaster opens... hmmm.

DO IT!! Technically you live closer to the park than I do... so if I can make it, so can you!

Damn, this coaster's starting to look really good. Also, I'd like to note that it looks much more immense in person. I mean, it looks HUGE. Though I can't decide if I want to brave the Season Pass preview day or not. Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if Superman will offer Flash Pass?

Damn, this coaster's starting to look really good. Also, I'd like to note that it looks much more immense in person. I mean, it looks HUGE. Though I can't decide if I want to brave the Season Pass preview day or not. Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if Superman will offer Flash Pass?

I agree! I haven't seen it in person but from the pics posted, comparing it to the renderings, it really does look bigger....awesome!

This pic doesn't seem to do it justice, although look how tiny the train looks on it!

I didn't realize that the train's erxit from the station was in the shape of the Superman logo--that's a nice touch.

I'm also a fan of the noninverting loop, so it's good to see another coaster (other than RRnR at Universal) using it.