TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

^ Exactly. Infact, Gerstlauer is a company that makes a ton of coasters that use base frames. They are typically more cost effective because they require little to no ground work. SFDK already has a huge concrete pad made for that type of ride, makes sense they keep buying rides that work on it.

Btw I heard Superman's theoretical throughput from the manufacturer is 400pph... Generally, in my experience, parks average 60-75% of the theoretical so we are talking 250 to 300pph. could 2012 be a record setting year for Flash Pass sales at SFDK?

I still have no idea why they went with no dual load platform, considering that 400 per hour is half the capacity of a zacspin, or most eurofighters. Even a Maurer Skyloop, with 1 train, has a higher capacity than this. SFDK is a medium sized park and it should be noted that no skyloop attraction has ever been installed in a park this size. Austrailia's Dreamworld may be the largest park to install a skyloop, and this park really has very few high-capacity rides. 2 trains might increase the capacity to close to 700 per hour, but, apparently, 400, which is about equal to a 4-lane kraken racer, is enough.

I don't really car about the yellow rails but I do hope they keep the sheild shaped tunnels. Those look pretty cool!

Pete

Definitely agree, The sheild-shaped tunnels really is the only theming on the ride.

Also, I forgot to mention, but when I went to the park last Saturday, I think I found the on-ride photo camera. It is in the back left of the concrete pad, near Medusa's dive loop. I think the onride photo is in the drop after the heartline roll.

I think I found the on-ride photo camera. It is in the back left of the concrete pad, near Medusa's dive loop. I think the onride photo is in the drop after the heartline roll.

So the Superman coaster is going to have on ride photo, but the big question is are they going to use the former Big Spin video shack for Superman's photo shack?

I think I found the on-ride photo camera. It is in the back left of the concrete pad, near Medusa's dive loop. I think the onride photo is in the drop after the heartline roll.

So the Superman coaster is going to have on ride photo, but the big question is are they going to use the former Big Spin video shack for Superman's photo shack?

It looks like it, last time I checked its still there.

^I always laughed that all the ads of Superman is the same EXACT ads for DDD, only that they took the DDD logo off and replaced it with Superman. Even my 2012 season pass has DDD on it. I think DDD was chosen since it is the most similar coaster (lap bar restraints, red track, GP aren't going to know it at all).