TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

I looked at the Sky Screamer construction pictures a year ago and they starting constructing the tower in Early March and got it done by Memorial Day. I know Superman doesn't have a lot of peices, but it would take more time to construct it than Sky Screamer. Yes, I'm getting worried because it is ALMOST APRIL.

Seems like SOMETHING should be happening to me, but hey...I am not a ride builder or park big wig.

Btw...DoubleOKevin, which coaster is that in your avatar?

I would guess Zonga.

That was my guess, but I just kinda wanted to confirm. I took a couple years off from the park for the "minute" that they had Zonga.

The park hasn't even received any ride pieces. It's not like they are sitting around not doing anything while everything sits there. They have started prepping the site so by the time the ride get there they can start vertical construction right away which I'm sure will take less than 2 weeks. then they would probably have about a month for electrical, and test and adjust. Seems like plenty of time to me.

And yes, My avatar is Zonga. I was on the ride op crew both years the ride operated. It was the first coaster I ever learned to operate so it's a little special to me. Plus I loved riding it.