TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

^SFGAm's V2 still has the yellow and blue color scheme. I still have my Big Spin shirt that I got in 09, it has no picture of the ride, just the rides logo.

Does the Big Spin shirt say "Tony Hawk's Big Spin" or just "Big Spin"?

It only says Big Spin, I guess it's because of the Tony Hawk clothing line.(As well as Birdhouse.)

^SFGAm's V2 still has the yellow and blue color scheme. I still have my Big Spin shirt that I got in 09, it has no picture of the ride, just the rides logo.

I was more or less referring to the coaster used on the shirt. It's been enhanced to show SFDK's color scheme with the old vertical spike.

If they have a shirt for Kong there should be a shirt for Boomerang.

Also, I've been on Roar and Cobra there. Anything else worth a trip (I know Superman looks like fun but capacity hell too)?

Medusa and V2 are two of the parks star attractions, so I would recommend checking those two out. The park also has a great collection of flat rides, which are spread out all over the park, but Sky Screamer should be the first one you should go on, due to long lines in the middle of the day and night. And don't forget about the animals, SFDK not only has TONS of wild life shows, but they also have a same zoo like area in the back of the park( with the chance to ride a real elephant )

So that's the stuff I recommend.

If they have a shirt for Kong there should be a shirt for Boomerang.

Also, I've been on Roar and Cobra there. Anything else worth a trip (I know Superman looks like fun but capacity hell too)?

What Andrewopolis said, but I would add the up-charge animal feedings in there too, specifically the dolphin feeding. I'm not sure if they do it the same way they did before, but if you pay like $15 and reserve early in the day, you can go feed fish to the dolphins and pet them and take a picture with them. Really awesome way to get up close and personal with the dolphins without paying $150+ for the swimming session.

Also, the Shouka show. Sit in the wet zone, but be careful to protect your camera!

There's also two water rides that are pretty fun, but I recommend riding them later in the day. If you try and ride them during the hottest time of day, the lines will be pretty bad. Just go to the Shouka show if it's hot.

On my recent trip to SFDK, they actually had some ride-branded shirts, one being V2, the other being Medusa. I picked both of them up.

I remember seeing you buying those shirts in the shop. I was in there debating about whether I'd be the only one in the group to buy a t-shirt and would look like a total idiot going to ERT with one, but I felt better when I saw you and your cousin buying stuff and ended up getting one. It's pretty much my tradition to buy a t-shirt/some kind of merch when I go to a park. Although, I'm starting to have more than I can wear! xD I need some kind of display case or something.

+ I hate the little holes too. I have no idea where they come from either!

Well, in the shops I have seen a Medusa & Sky Screamer shirt. I always wished parks would do more ride-branding shirts. It frustrates me that 90% of merchandise has nothing to do with the park, especially in CGA. Though, this year I'll buy myself a Superman: Ultimate Flight shirt.

I remember seeing you buying those shirts in the shop. I was in there debating about whether I'd be the only one in the group to buy a t-shirt and would look like a total idiot going to ERT with one, but I felt better when I saw you and your cousin buying stuff and ended up getting one.

So you're the one who gave me the cold "Medusa Shower" from ERT (I didn't know your TPR name). I remember you sitting behind me after the first run with water when I 'accidentally' lost all my water, showering riders behind me. As we pulled into the station and I re-secure myself in the seat, suddenly a cup full of ice-cold water got dumped on me. Good times, good times...

Oops! I've been found!

I forgot about that until you mentioned it. I was soaking wet after like the first run because you guys lost all your water and it went straight on me! I kept all my water pretty well, so I decided to douse someone with it who didn't keep theirs.

No hard feelings?

Who was that guy who ended up winning on the last round by like a mm of water? If we do Medusa water ride again this year, I'm aiming for #1!

^I think Superman water challenge would be pretty cool, the heartline is taken so slowly it could get interesting and the non inverting loop would present some fun challenges. Who would have thought that our random idea of giving you guys water cups to make Tony Hawk ERT less boring would become such a hit.

Also, I probably should have put in a disclaimer that when I left the park in 2009 I stopped paying attention to merchandise (I've only been back 2 or 3 times) so it's very likely they have started re-selling ride related merchandise since then and I'm unaware.