TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

After looking at Superman! I notice that dang I was close!!!

Just think if they do get a coaster, I don't think it would be a zac-spin or euro-fighter, If a coaster goes over-the-top and up-side-down. The only coaster I think of is this one since the hieght limit is only 150ft tall:

^In a discussion board, a reply is subject to be discussed. What you said came off as assumed fact, when in reality it was an opinion, but many noticed the errors behind the assumptions you made.

I don't think anyone tore you down, but you really do come across as certain when you put out statements like the ones you did. That coupled with your continued lack of proper posting etiquette makes it more difficult to take a post like that seriously. And this is something you have been warned about on several occasions.

As with any discussion board, you may not always get the response you are looking for when you post, but you do assume that risk when you click the "Submit" button.

Now that that has been said, let's get back to talking about this exciting new addition to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom!

Edited by jedimaster1227

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If i somehow offened you, then i apologize. But, i don't think tearing someone down after they said something you thought was stupid is 100% smart.

It would appear that the only person who is "offended" is you. Grow thicker skin...or don't post to this discussion forum. It's as simple as that.

I was just going to say, Superman being out of place...but you look at V2, that has nothing to do with animals either...just a 'generic theme park/coaster' theme if you want to call it that. Plus, the park's got to start somewhere if they want super hero stuff, right?

Speaking of, anyone remember the Batman stunt show they had back in the day (I believe it may have been 1999).

I definitely want to check this out next year, another reason to do Bay Area Bash...dangling upside down with a lapbar sounds crazy fun, as much as I was initially frightened at Montezooma's Revenge only using lapbars.

Capacity on this ride is going to suck! The ride really does look insane. I just hope that when the ride launches backwards it doesn't actually make it over the loop and valley at the bottom of it. I'm sure the engineers have this whole thing figured out but one can only wonder.

Jimmy "Not quite Zonga but still awesome" Bo

I'm not the biggest fan of superhero names. (But on the other hand, who doesn't like superheroes at least a little?) And I'm getting tired of SF reusing names. Just one more ride where you have to mention a direction like West or note the park name. But Superman is fine with me, as I like the color scheme.

This looks like it will be a great addition to the park. Count me among those hoping it will have a separate loading station and 2 trains. Personally, I wouldn't care if they named it "Steaming pile of Gorilla poo", I'd still look forward to riding it. Can't wait for next year's BAB!

Cant Wait!!!!! Were finaly getting a roller coaster over 100 feet! Its about time! 2012 is gonna be an amazing year

according to rcdb

medusa

kong

boomerang

and v2 are all over 100 ft

What i ment was that we havent gotten a new big roller coaster since V2, excluding zonga. Ever since V2 its been thomas town, tavas jungleland, tony hawk, sky screamer... were finaly getting a another Roller Coaster higher than 100 feet thats a better way to put it!

I'm kind of sad that this will be the first coaster on the Zonga pad that I WON'T be operating. Looks like a lot of fun though. I'm curious if it will end up like V2. A lot of craze at first and then not a whole lot of attention afterward.

As for the name, I agree with most of you that Superman is out of place... but then I remember that I could care less about the name. It's not like I ride Medusa and get upset that there is no giant Snake lady.. I go to Six Flags for the coasters, plain and simple. If I want theme and dependence on a name I head to Disney.

I think this one is really the ride to watch for 2012 in regards to Six Flags rides. Everything else has been done. This one was definitely the big surprise.

While I think its going to a great ride... All I wonder is why did they put super mans ultimate flight in the water section???? They should have called it superman ultimate swim!I guess it can be a joke for the day when were trying to keep our cups full on the ride!

Seriously though this is a rushed move for a landmark ride IMHO. They really should have gotten a lim style coasterball where the cars use lims to manipulate the vally zones themed after dolphins or some other animal ... Imagine what kind of family attraction that would be with cars of people passing by each other overhead. One can always dream! For now I will enjoy this odd out of place contraption when it arrives.

While I think its going to a great ride... All I wonder is why did they put super mans ultimate flight in the water section???? They should have called it superman ultimate swim!I guess it can be a joke for the day when were trying to keep our cups full on the ride!

Seriously though this is a rushed move for a landmark ride IMHO. They really should have gotten a lim style coasterball where the cars use lims to manipulate the vally zones themed after dolphins or some other animal ... Imagine what kind of family attraction that would be with cars of people passing by each other overhead. One can always dream! For now I will enjoy this odd out of place contraption when it arrives.

Technically no coaster is in "Land" or "Sea" All coasters are in "Sky" so this is right where it needs to be regardless of where it is. It was always kind of a poorly thought out idea that really should have excluded "Sky" all together and made half the park "Land" and half "Sea" and themed it like that.

Also, the park has enough happy family attractions, it's one of the few SF parks that really is family friendly. I think it's great they are finally adding a new thrill. It's been 8 years since they built Zonga(and 6 very sad years since it operated).

I don't associate the rides strongly with the animals or with the areas of the park they're located in. So although names like Hammerhead Shark, Thrilla Gorilla, and Tasmanian Devil are cute, "random" names don't bother me.

I agree, though I've always thought it's funny that all the rides that have an animal theme, the park doesn't actually have those animals.

I actually think the GP will respond better to a name like Superman than if it had a name themed to the park. Zonga never really caught on but Tony Hawk packed em in. Same for the kids lands, no one really cared about Tava's Jungleland but everyone loved Thomas Town.

Just saw the video. This ride is even more awesome then when I saw the concept art leaked last night. Hopefully it will have a dual/sliding loading station track or else the capacity will be worse than Lex Luthor Drop of Doom at Magic Mountain. If it has the sliding loading track with the second train that will bring capacity up to 24 which won't be great but will be close to V2's capacity and will be manageable for a park with SFDK's attendance. I haven't been to SFDK since 2005 and Tony Hawk/Pandemonium and Sky Screamer weren't enough to get me to return to this park but Superman Ultimate Flight definitely is. Yes, the name isn't very original but it is Superman and it goes into the sky in the Sky area of the park, so it could have been worse. As for Pandemonium, they haven't said where its going yet, but I don't think its going to Magic Mountain. Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Mexico, and La Ronde haven't announced what they're getting yet, I bet its going to either Six Flags Mexico or La Ronde. I never got the Pandemonium credit, but I don't really care anymore as this looks way better.