TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Is there a chance we might be looking at something that launches forwards, backwards, and then forwards to make it all the way to the top? The length of the launch track looks much too short for LSMs to get the train up to 60mph, even with the extra LSMs on the incline. I'm curious!

Did you watch the video? That is exactly how it works.

Super neato ride! Too bad the lines are going to be insane like everyone is saying. Premier could really use one of those transfer stations here...

I just saw the video with a full POV and more B-Roll. Wasn't posted originally.

I'm so into this coaster... and agree with whoever said they'd rather have this (even if it is low capacity) than another boomerang (SFNE). This thing just looks like it's going to be a blast... and it looks like it's just lap bars! The hang time at the top will probably be crazy!

Yeah, this is definitely in my theoretical top 5, "Must ride coasters in 2012" list. Is it bad that I'm even going to put this above X-Flight in terms of epicness?

Premier could really use one of those transfer stations here...

This!

I imagine the duration will be similar to the Impulse coasters but with smaller trains.

Great concept though! It is like an Impulse coaster and Sky Loop coaster had a baby.

Edited by ernierocker

Did anybody else look at this and go... "Holy crap this thing is gonna be low capacity!!"

That was my first thought, however the two times I've been to the park its not been very crowded, and everything's basically been a one train wait. So im not too concerned over having to wait hours on end for this.

The park usually isn't too bad but it just depends on the day. Usually midday the coasters and water rides get fairly long lines (an hour or less, I'd say) but at that time I usually go have lunch, see the whale show, and look at some of the animals. V2 is kinda like this capacity-wise and I hardly ever see V2 get too bad, but V2 has also been there a while and this is brand new.

After seeing that POV I would like to move myself from the "wow this looks cool club" to the "OMFG club!"

Ditto! The more I look at pictures, videos, and descriptions about this, the more I go

I can see this and GL at SFMM being part of the ride rotation Six Flags has going on..

After they rethemed an entire area in order to fit in GL, I don't think Magic Mountain will just send it away.

The other rides they sent around were more stand alone like Deja Vu, Flashback, Shockwave, and the bobsleds. Didn't have a theme or fit into any theme.

dont get me wrong it looks exciting but im dissapointed they would put 2 rides so simmaler near each other, v2 is a lauch coaster where you go back and fourth, and since they tilted the spike you even go upside down. superman, launch coaster where you go back and fourh with an added element. im glad they decided to put it in my home park, but i would have preferd the wingrider,

dont get me wrong it looks exciting but im dissapointed they would put 2 rides so simmaler near each other, v2 is a lauch coaster where you go back and fourth, and since they tilted the spike you even go upside down. superman, launch coaster where you go back and fourh with an added element. im glad they decided to put it in my home park, but i would have preferd the wingrider,

You really need to take the time to re-read our site's TOS here: www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137

Especially Rule #9:

9. Spelling and Grammar - bad spelling and grammar will NOT be tolerated! Theme Park Review's forum includes a spell checker and there is a great one available with Google's Toolbar. If we have to edit too many of your posts, you may be suspended from the forum. Text Message shorthand or "l77t" speak is not allowed. A typo here and there is acceptable, but illegible posts are not.

I understand having a typo here and there, but this is almost illegible.

Disappointed about getting a new ride? Too bad. Sure it's a shuttle coaster but a completely different ride experience than V2, and it's freakin' amazing so you should not be disappointed.

Not really, V2 and Superman are different concepts, V2 takes you back and forth, and Superman takes through a whole course as well as go back and forth.

This ride looks like it will have some nice airtime which is something the park could use, but this will defiantly be one of those "most go on first" kind of rides.

This is just my opinion but I think it would be nicer if they named it Bizarro and put some theming to it, I mean it is a very bizarre coaster and Superman doesn't really fit this style of coaster. Though, I'm coming to SFDK to ride Superman no matter what. (Unless I move out of the Bay Area).

This is just my opinion but I think it would be nicer if they named it Bizarro and put some theming to it, I mean it is a very bizarre coaster and Superman doesn't really fit this style of coaster. Though, I'm coming to SFDK to ride Superman no matter what. (Unless I move out of the Bay Area).

Well, I think it's called Superman Ultimate Flight because I'm sure some people will be flying out of their seats on the extremely slow barrel roll. Except, I doubt Superman will come to the rescue

I think that SFDK needs some more family coasters. This ride has a lot of flaws...

1. Superman isn't a fitting theme

2. It looks sickening. I doubt that it'll be around for a long time.

3. Low Capacity

4. You go through a barrel roll 150 ft in the air with only a lapbar. This ride should have shoulder restraints if it's gonna do that.

In the long run. I don't think a lot of people are gonna ride it. (Or at least let their kids on it.)

I think that SFDK needs some more family coasters. This ride has a lot of flaws...

1. Superman isn't a fitting theme

2. It looks sickening. I doubt that it'll be around for a long time.

3. Low Capacity

4. You go through a barrel roll 150 ft in the air with only a lapbar. This ride should have shoulder restraints if it's gonna do that.

In the long run. I don't think a lot of people are gonna ride it. (Or at least let their kids on it.)

WHAT?

Skyrocket has the same restraint system.