TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Well that was a surprise. I too, thought it was Mauer at first and was thinking, "Well at least it's not a standard Sky Loop." Since it's Premier it should be doubly awesome! That first ascent looks like it defies the laws of lateral-g physics though! And I doubt valleying in the loop will be a problem, unless the train were to enter going backwards. This is seriously the craziest thing I've seen in some time. Excellent job Six Flags with all the 2012 stuff!

[*On a side note, I think it's funny how such a cash-strapped company can make decent animations and others (ahem Hershey) do not.]

Anybody else seeing any similarities to this and Zonga ... and weren't they in the same spot? Hope this isn't a bad omen.

That Zonga Slab O' Concrete sure is getting a lot of use. First Zonga, then Big Spindamoneum, and now this!

Can't wait to visit one of my favorite parks and ride this crazy thing!

Yeah one thing comes to my mind too-very low capicity & the line will always be insanely long for it. I am saving up for the platium flash pass. It will be so worth it. There is NO WAY I am waiting in a 2+ hour line for that thing. I'm sure the price will go up to like $80 because of the new ride. They should also include Skyscreamer on the flash pass. After going this year I have decided to visit SFKD at least once every year. & Horray at least they are done with adding kiddie rides since from the Bay Area Bash TPR members reported that they said SFDK has too much kiddie stuff & might even take an area out. So now it's all about getting thrill rides from here on out!

Did anybody else look at this and go... "Holy crap this thing is gonna be low capacity!!"

That was my first thought, however the two times I've been to the park its not been very crowded, and everything's basically been a one train wait. So im not too concerned over having to wait hours on end for this.

I'm so into this coaster... and agree with whoever said they'd rather have this (even if it is low capacity) than another boomerang (SFNE). This thing just looks like it's going to be a blast... and it looks like it's just lap bars! The hang time at the top will probably be crazy!

The only thing I don't like is that tacky Superman shield. It looks like it could be ripped off of its support by a high gust of wind.

Premier Rides certainly likes their holding brakes.