TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SFI Spills the Beans a bit

Here is the SEC Filing that responds to Snyder's recent filing. Of note are these comments:

Dallas: 10 new family-oriented rides in 2006

New England: New family ride and new teen ride planned in 2006

San Fransisco: Kid's expansion

Montreal: waterpark expansion (2007!)

San Antonio: waterpark expansion

90% of visitors surveyed believed that the Six Flags park visited met or exceeded their expectations(1)

WOW!!!

$125 million of capital investment planned for 2006

Still haven't learned... though its better than some years I guess.

They claim attendance is up at a few noted parks, but didnt list them all, so...

EDIT: I guess this post can just be merged into the other thread

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ doh!

you know, i'm not sure if I'd like this guy owning sixflags, he has no themepark knowledge, but i guess a buisness is a buisness. i had my fingers crossed for cedar fair (at least for SFMM) but, after what they have been doing to knotts, well, im not sure what i want.

well, now i feel stupid! **looks at last post in SFMM construction**

Edited by Blazen_AZN

Hey,

So everyone keeps bringing up the fact that Six Flags is in debt. But from the Business classes im taking, I've learned that debt isnt neccisarilly a bad thing. I mean look at our govenment. It sounds funny, but sometimes the only solution to debt, is to spend more money.

-Chuck

Seriously, as if that entire document isnt just aimed at bashing Red Zone.

Frankly, some of it sounds like a teen wrote it. The wordings used seem so...over the top. But still effective, so it must be ok. It just seems like they really dug deep into the thesaurus to get the best, most descriptive words possible.

Good info though.

And now to further thwart Snyder's takeover attempt, SF has called for bids on the company by November: Read the whole story here!

Six Flags sets Nov. deadline for initial bids

Tue Oct 18, 2005 07:06 PM ET

NEW YORK, Oct 18 (Reuters) - Amusement park operator Six Flags Inc. (PKS.N: Quote, Profile, Research) said on Tuesday it set an early-November deadline for potential suitors to submit initial takeover offers, with the aim of finding a buyer by year-end.

Six Flags also urged investors to reject a proposal by stockholder Red Zone LLC to remove three directors from the company's seven-person board. Shareholders of record as of Sept. 24 may vote on the proposal.

Red Zone, run by Washington Redskins football team owner Daniel Snyder, wants to replace three Six Flags board members.

Six Flags slammed Red Zone, saying the group wanted to wrest control of the company without providing value to all stockholders. The company also criticized Red Zone's board nominees, saying they lacked experience in the theme park industry.

Six Flags, which operates 30 theme parks that include amusement rides, water parks and safaris, put itself up for sale in August. It argued that an auction and sale would generate a better value for shareholders.

The company on Tuesday confirmed it signed confidentiality agreements and distributed proprietary financial records to "a large number of potential financial and strategic buyers." Reuters first reported details of the auction last week.

The initial takeover bids are due in early November, the company said in a regulatory filing.

Red Zone was invited to participate in the auction "but has chosen instead to pursue its own agenda which is designed to allow it to obtain effective control of Six Flags without offering a real value-enhancing alternative," Six Flags said.

everyone keeps bringing up the fact that Six Flags is in debt. But from the Business classes im taking, I've learned that debt isnt neccisarilly a bad thing.

That's because "everyone" is an idiot!

You need to remember that people who post online (all boards and usenet) are just hobbyists. Sure it's fun to discuss the business, but most people don't actually have a clue about running a business (myself included) .. and I'd bet none of them have ever run an amusement park. So all the "Six Flags Sucks Because Of All Their Debt" nonsense is .. well, it's nonsense.

Snyder, if he actually were to execute his ideas, would be *terrible* for Six Flags Inc (who are no worse than Cedar Fair, really). The chain is improving, and is in position to become something really great in 5 or so years. If Snyder takes over, he'll destroy it.

I'm not at all opposed to a change in management, just Snyder. He sounds like those kids on the other board who think they know what's best for Six Flags just because they were able to beat all the scenarios in Roller-Coaster Tycoon.

Cameron.

^ according to my friends that work at GADV they are not getting SWAT and said that they wish they were so I would check your sources. Plus with the stockholders voting on Monday. If they vote Snyder in he wont close Astro World so SWAT will not be going any where.