TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SFMM: Where to Stay?

Inuk

Hello,

My California coaster trip is coming up soon, and I have only to book a hotel near or around SFMM/Northern LA. I am not expecting a fancy place, but I do not want to stay next door to crack whores. I have no knowledge about the areas in Northern LA- so any advice would be great.

My plans are to go to SFMM on Sat Nov. 5, and then that evening try and run to Santa Monica Pier for a coaster ride and dinner. Sun I have planned as a free day- I was thinking about the Long Beach Aquarium.

So does anyone have suggestions as to where I should stay? I just want affordable (45$ to 60$), clean, and safe.

Thanks so much for any help given!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only tell you about the hotels next to SFMM. All are clean and nice, some nicer than others, I don't think you'll find them for under $60 though on a Sat night.

Hopefully someone can suggest another good place to stay that will work with your plans. My only thought would be an airport hotel on Sat night. Usually pretty cheap and decent, and kind of between the Santa Monica Pier and Long Beach.

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn by SFMM. It was nice and clean, and they had a decent free breakfast. I've also stayed at various places around the LA airport, but I wouldn't recommend them unless you're going to stay at one of the better places (like the Hyatt). Hotels around the airport can be kind of a dump, depending on where you stay. So I'd recommend staying near SFMM. Another plus to staying there is Valencia is full of all sorts of restaurants, so you'll have no problem finding a place to eat.

dt

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Castaic last June. We really liked it!! IIRC, we paid right around $70/night for two nights. It's about three exits down from SFMM. Lots of places to eat in the vicinity. We had a bad experience at the Foster's Freeze a block north, though. We were pissed until they finally sent an apology letter several weeks later.

As for a good eating place before a day at the park, I recommend Egg Plantation in Newhall. I-5 south to Lyons Ave., then east on Lyons to Walnut.

Hopefully someone can suggest another good place to stay that will work with your plans. My only thought would be an airport hotel on Sat night. Usually pretty cheap and decent, and kind of between the Santa Monica Pier and Long Beach.

Rather far away from SFMM, though. That's more convenient to DCA/Disneyland/Knott's.

Rather far away from SFMM, though. That's more convenient to DCA/Disneyland/Knott's.

Not really. Going to DCA/DLR/Knott's can take 45 minutes while it takes only about 20-30 minutes to get to SFMM from LAX.