TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your least favorite Walt Disney World ride and why

Guest Tanks4me

O.k. I'm very opinionated and passionate about this subject because I have nothing better to do with my life.

Generally, as far as attractions go, the later they were made, the worse they get imo. That's just a really fair rule I have. So, in terms of parks, I obviously hate AK with a 'passion' (said in latino accent a la univision soap opera).

Stitch is the latest attraction, but because its in MK it doesn't completely go to the bottom of the list. MK has some saving graces to it.

But, a bad attraction at a bad park really does wonders. I'm not going to even rail at Primeval Whirl -- such an easy target....I'm going to argue that "Dinosaur: Ride it!" is the worst ride: here's why.

Its not the least bit entertaining, but instead, very intense (my ears are going to bleed, and I'm actually scared of the attraction) and focuses on someone who doesn't do their job (that you've been stuck with -- great).

If I ever meet Joe Rohde I'm going to pull him aside and write down something on his arm "shame (does not equal) entertain"

Talking down to your audience in moralized tones (see Kali River Rapids, and pretty much any other AK attraction) is just downright idiotic.

Those of you who've mentioned the boat ride at Mexico's pavillion -- he designed that too (I've been told).

So, without getting too personal here, I just don't like Dinosaur -- its way to intense, is not funny or entertaining in the least bit. Its dark most of the time and you can't see crap except the occasional scary arse dinosaur with music and sound that is dangerously loud (that can be said for almost all new attractions -- WAY TOO LOUD!)

Jose

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really have a least favorite, but I do have one that I'm most disappointed with. Call me crazy, but everytime I go back, I'm disappointed with ToT at WDW. It may sound stupid, but I miss the original program where riders heard a snap and the ride dropped a few feet. Then, another snap was heard and you fell the entire distance: end of ride. I liked that because it fit the theming perfectly. The new turboshot-esqe program maybe more thrilling, but I liked it better when it fit the theming. Plus a small detail about the theming, the ride hosts used to act like zombies pretty much. They never smiled and spoke like they were possessed. Not anymore. They all just act like your average ride op. A bit disappointing for Disney.

Its a small world, no contest.

Why? repetition...repetition...repetition...repetition...repetition...repetition...

repetition...repetition...repetition...repetition...repetition...repetition...

Yea, you get my drift...you get my drift.

What a great topic.

Id have to say my least favorite ride at WDW would have to be...hell, ill just list them (in no particular order):

1. Maelstrom-What can I say? Its really boring. Its really outdated. The special effects arent even special anymore. Its backwards "drop" makes me wonder why I even rode the ride. However, you have to love the constant imagery on the walls of those Norwegians drilling oil for Shell Oil. Hilarious.

2. Pirates Of The Caribbean-I rode it the first time in November since I was a child, so I had no recollection of riding it before. It disappointed me, honestly. I heard so much hype about the ride but the puppetry and ship is outdated, although pretty. I like the shop, though. I bought a hat and a sword and tortured my brother the rest of the day.

3. El Rio Del Tiempo-The only reason I ride it everytime I visit Epcot is to catch the hidden racism. The Mexicans at the end of the ride hawking whatever the heck it is for you to buy is just too funny.

4. Space Mountain, but only when it isnt working. We got stuck midride and rode it in the light. Its nothing great in the light, in fact, you feel as if you are going to hit other tracks above you.

I have to say this though. Anyone notice the Mao Zedong t-shirts for sale at the China section? They proclaim him as the greatest leader in the world. Totally communist, and I am surprised I actually saw this shirt and I wanted to say something.

I have to say this though. Anyone notice the Mao Zedong t-shirts for sale at the China section? They proclaim him as the greatest leader in the world. Totally communist, and I am surprised I actually saw this shirt and I wanted to say something.

That sounds interesting.

It was in the back of the China section where they sell all sorts of random Chinese things. I was totally stunned to see that shirt seeing how "conservative" Disney can be. My stepdad is military so he was going to say something but we didnt get around to it.

Anyone else find this strange?

Mission: Space, and here's why

I am a coaster freak, and have been on a few launched coasters, but the sustained g-forces on M:S is even a bit hard for me to take. Since you have those g-forces through most of the ride, they can't actually make it a decent length because everyone would need those complimentary barf bags.

They give you controls and if you don't use them it does it automatically anyway, the plot....well there is no plot, you go through sleep, through asteriods and crash land on mars.

The only redeeming quality is that it's hosted by Gary Sinise who is cool, but still not a real astronaut.

The Epcot rides I don't mind, probably because i grew up with them. The Mexico and Norway rides were interesting when they first opened. People are just spoiled now.

As far as Its a Small World, well, it can get annoying, even for kids. Some kids love it, many kids don't, from what I've seen

I went to EPCOT before Test Track and Mission Space so I would have to say everything at EPCOT, except Maelstrom, but only because I rode it with a hot Norwegian chick. In the P J O'Rourke book Holidays in Hell - EPCOT gets a chapter.

Theming is fun but I'd personally take a parking lot of monster coasters before anything at Disney.

I have to go with the "It's A Small World" haters. It's a cute ride for your little ones ONCE... However, the very nice ride ops let us go through the darn ride *8* times in a row since it was slow and we were in the wheelchair accessible boat. Every time we returned to the station, the ride ops would cheerfully ask the 3 year olds if they wanted to go again... Care to guess what the answer was?

By trip number 5, I was praying for someone else to show up needing the wheelchair boat. After that, my friend and I made the Daddys take the boys on IASW for the rest of the week... Moral of the story, never go to IASW with 3 yr. olds on a very slow day!

The only Disney park I've ever been to was Disneyland Paris and the worst ride there is any ride found in Fantasyland Apart from that, probably Star Tours because it was pretty boring. Still excellent theming though.

I went on the Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril in disneyland paris, it was a pain full experiance, the one huge turn off was this tiny loop about 4 meters tall and you went around backwards at about 5000 miles per hour and the G just made you gag! also its a hidden loop so you dont know about it till your on it or you can see it from the hill lift, when i pointed it out to my girlfriend she nearly had a fit she hates being upside down and if it wasent for the bar she would have rather jumped to her death, after the horible backward loop of spine ripping G you go round some very sharp corners that as your going backwards you cant see so you head just get smash about and you ears feel like there going 2 bleed, after riding it 3 times in a row i ached for the rest of the weekend!

• 1 year later...

AAARRGHH! Stitch! That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LAME! I feel nasty just thinking about it. Why? Here is what that attraction is:

Aliens welcoming you to their "domain"

A lame intro about the danger rankings of aliens

An announcement that an alien broke in

A Stitch AA (so fake looking) going around the walls, and

the video footage of the guards trying to capture him.

That's it for those who have not been on it.

For me, you really have to split it down by park.

MK: Stitch. Hands down. It's a shame, I really happen to like the Stitch figure and the gun figures, they look really cool, but it's a giant waste of time and space. Bring me my Tron themed indoor booster bike coaster! Dream on Stuart, dream on. Close second is, well, everything in Fantasyland except for Peter Pan's Flight.

Epcot: The entire Imagination pavilion, specifically Honey I Bored, I mean Shrunk, the Audience. Even on 3D show standards, it's cheap, it's stupid, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and because of it they destroyed the perfectly good ride next to it to a shell of its former glory. Now, to promote something, I happen to like Maelstrom, mainly for pure humor on how cheesy it is, especially in voice acting. There is many a time when walking through the parks I get the sudden urge to go "Disappear! Disappear!”

Disney-MGM: Sounds Pointless is high on the list, as is Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I also dislike Lights, Motors, Action immensely. Hearing cars with motocross engines zooming around isn't really my cup of tea, and like Honey I Bored the Audience, it destroyed a perfectly good ride in the process, the Backlot tour. The backlot tour is really nothing without Residential Street.

AK: Where do I begin? Can't stand Tough to be a Bug. All of Dino-Rama makes me shiver down to my soul, especially coming from the Asia to Dinoland bridge. Go from the beautiful themeing and design around EE into the gigantic butt of a yellow concrete brontosaurus. Subtle, its not.