TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nicci and I broke up ...

Stitch

Rough go, Man. It'll get better. Elissa's right, all things do happen for a reason.

For what it's worth, Feeling bad is a good thing. As long as you let yourself feel, all things are possible. Love's tricky; it's great, it sucks, it can moves mountains and destroy small villages. It requires caution, yet embrasses the free spirit. And from my experiences, it doesn't get easier with age.

-Flying(no easier with age, but my aim has sure changed)Scooter.

ps> Soren, i've never had that happen. you showed great sense by not killing anyone. Long drives always work for me, too.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About six weeks ago me and my boyfriend of three and a half years split and... It's still tough. Everybody finds different ways of dealing with things but the thing that worked for me was this.

It's pointless trying to carry on as normal and just ignore the pain because that's impossible. But at the same time sitting around and wallowing does you no good whatsoever. After two days of moping around I told myself that I had exactly one week to be as miserable as I wanted, stay in my pjs and cry all day, listen to soppy music, watch chick flicks and get drunk. So that's what I did! But at the end of that week I got off my arse and started to piece myself back together again.

At the end of the day, yes you love her, and this is gonna hurt big time, but your life will move on, because it has to. Since that first week I've been spending more time with friends I'd perhaps moved away from a little during those three years, making new friends, and having a good time. Sure I still get upset from time to time but... I'm starting to move on a little.

Sorry I went on for so long, got a bit carried away... Hope that helps a little anyway. Take care of yourself.

Lou

EDIT: Oh, and Soren, you deserve better than that, good on ya for walking away. Hope things are much better now!

Stitch and Soren, I know the pain that you are feeling. My first wife had an affair, secretly aborted our first child and left me (while pregnant with our second child) while I was in the hospital due to an Army training accident. I know how deep the pain goes and for a time I also had very serious thoughts of suicide.

Honestly though, even though it brought me such anguish and torment, it turned out that she unwittlingly did me a great favor.

If she hadn't left I would never have met my second wife, who I've been married to for 18 glorious years. My wife showed me what true love is really all about and although I would never wish that kind of pain on anyone, I would go through it all again to have the love that I have now.

What I'm trying to say is that, although this pain is so very deep and overwhelming raw, the pain will eventually begin to subside and although the memory of it will always reside somewhere deep, that memory can help you to become even wiser and more fulfilled when you find the love that you will spend the rest of your life with.

I know it's hard to think about this right now, but sometime in the future I truly believe that you will find a love that will be as hopelessly in love with you as you will be with her.

As a parting thought, you probably hold alot of animosity and maybe even hatred towards Nicci right now, but when you get to a point where you can, the best thing you can do is to stop being mad at her, forgive her and, if possible, even hope that she has a nice life. Holding on to anger and hatred will only lead to despair, but it is amazingly freeing when you can let go of all of that stuff and just love life and all the blessings that it can bring.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you in this difficult time, but you have much to offer and many good and beautiful things left to experience, so even though it might seem impossible right now, things WILL get better.

I really appreciate every ones support, it helps a lot. I want everyone to know that I am not mad at Nicci at all, she was kind to end it before it got very serious. The feelings I have now are loss, I keep having memories of things we did and they make me depressed. I woke up today because I was feeling anxious, I have a feeling everything will be ok and I will still be able to start my life but right now I am just a wreck. Once again, I must really stress how much I appreciate the support everyone has given, much love - Eric

WOW, I am so Sorry Stitch, and upset cause I didn't see this post earlier

Just know my thoughts and prayers are with you

And Soren, OMG, I have no idea how you handled that, I would have been destroyed, I'm glad you made it through, and are now the cool person you are today

It's been almost a year and a half since my ex and I broke up. We were together for about 3 years and the news we were breaking up came out of nowhere and it hit me -hard-. very, very hard. I'm not going into detail about the first month following the breakup because I don't want you going that direction. I'm very grateful for my friends because they were my strength and support until I finally, completely, got over it. (online and offline friends are the best, even if they just sit there and listen to you talk, mope, vent, whine, cry, etc. talking about it helps.)

What I am having the hardest time with is realizing she isn't my partner anymore. I keep thinking of her as if she still is and then I realize she isn't and it kills me. I don't want to have to think of her as just another person, she means so much to me but unfortunately I have to. I will always cherish the time we had together and I hope to be able to accept that she is no longer my partner. My mental illness makes it so hard because any time I feel depressed I get anxious, and for those who don't understand what I go through I will explain it. My mind starts to panic like I am in intense danger, I feel like I have to vomit and that I am not safe anywhere. It is extremely difficult to deal with but thankfully I am used to it so I can manage them well. Ending a relationship is devastating

I understand the anxious part, Eric, you know I have the same problem. I think that CoasterLou's idea is good, give it a week or two, then get back out there! Your life will go on, you just need some time.

Oh, and on another note, that is realy horrible Soren! It's great that you got through that, and it didn't affect your RCT2 skills

Thanks, Tyler. Yes, it is really the worst thing that can ever happen to someone! You finde your girl friend with another guy in your bed! However, I started to forget that. Maybe I will finde a better girl sometime!

--Sören

EDIT: This is Eric´s thread, he had the bad problems at the moment!

I don't really know you, but something like this is usually a blessing in disguise. Think of it this way: you are young, you don't need to be tied down to the point of living with someone now. Give yourself time to recover, then go out and start living like a single 19 year old. It's way more fun than you think.

You have a ton of time for growing up and getting serious with someone. Take it for all it's worth.

Sorry to hear about that Eric, but as everyone has said, you have all the support you need right here, take it from someone who knows.

In the last 2-3 years I have lost more loved ones then I care to number, but have got through it all with the support of loved ones and my "Second Family" here and at Westcoaster. The best advice that I can give is to think about it and mope around for a couple of days, maybe a week and then go and do something that you have not been able to do since you were with your ex. Go and grab life by the throat and squeeze until it turns purple, and then live again.

I am sure that you will find the one that you are ment to be with and trust me that she is out there. My best friend spent 31yrs as a single man and has now found true love with a lovely woman and her 3 kids.

Try not to worry about it as it will happen, just don't go looking for it as it will find you when you least expect it.

Wayne" PM if you need to chat" C.