TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Monty Python Movie

What is your favorite Monty Python movie?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Monty Python movie?

• Meaning of Life
    • Holy Grail
    • Life of Brian

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Grail was great, but I think I wore out some of the comedy seeing it too much. I haven't seen it in a while so hoping it gets better again next time I watch it.

For now, though, Life of Brian is my favorite. Sure, it's derrogatory toward the Christian religion, but I can get over it for the sake of humor.

• 4 months later...

It's close between Life Of Brian and Holy Grail for me but I think the Life Of Brian JUST wins. But basically, sit me in front of a tv showing anything Python-related and I'm in hysterics. Fawlty Towers is awesome too, only twelve episodes but every one of them is solid comedy gold. I think my favourite is probably the one where the Germans come to stay... Classic.

• 1 year later...

"Life of Brian" only for the scene with all of the false prophets and that weird one says,

"At that time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer, and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about 8 o'clock . . ."

OMG has me rolling everytime!

The anarcho-syndicalist scene in Holy Grail is probably the most underrated part of the movie (and it happens to be my favorite scene as well )...

ARTHUR: I am your king!

OLD WOMAN: Well, I didn't vote for you.

ARTHUR: You don't vote for kings.

OLD WOMAN: Well, how did you become king, then?

ARTHUR: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held Excalibur aloft from the bosom of the water to signify by Divine Providence ... that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur ... That is why I am your king!

DENNIS: Look, strange women lying on their backs in ponds handing out swords ... that's no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

ARTHUR: Be quiet!

DENNIS: You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

ARTHUR: Shut up!

DENNIS: I mean, if I went around saying I was an Emperor because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, people would put me away!

Holy Grail

You have to love the Knights who say Ni

"Ni"

"Ahh stop it"

"Ni"

"NOOOOOOOOO"

"We are know the knights who say ecky ecky ecky wupang zumpoing"

Or the holy hand grenade

"Thou shalt count to 3 no higher than 3, 4 is bad, 5 is out there, and 1 and 2 are just to low!"

Or the bridge

"What is your quest"

"To find the holy grail"

"What is your favorite color"

"Yellow...WAIT I MEAN GREEN AHHHH"

or

"What is the flight speed of a swallow carrying a coconut"

"African or European"

"Well I dont know That AHHHH"

Or The black Knight

"Tis only a flesh wound"

"No it isnt your whole arm is off"