TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What kind of ride do you hope Cedar Point will have in 2006

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't understand why they don't have a Top Spin there in the first place. I really hope that they update and improve upon their flat collection over the upcoming years.

Screamin' Swing is basically definate. However, in the Soak City parking lot there is wood stacked along with other paraphernalia. From what I have heard it all looks similar to Intamin Plug-n-Play materials. Who knows about that though. Plus, apparently Dick Kinzel was out surveying the area of White Water Landing. That's just what I heard though.

A LOG FLUME!

I would really hate to see a flume taken out for a flatride, although it seems like that's what we're going to get. Flatrides are the only kind of ride I never enjoy, while flumes are the only kind of ride I always enjoy!

I'd settle for a great water coaster, though, if I had to.

I would also like if they took out the MS(Mean Streak) and put in a 220 foot floorless coaster with a 94 degree drop with 9 inversion! That would be 8) Cool!!!!!

What?

I've heard Mean Streak tracks poorly, but assuming it's about as bad as Gwazi, with a layout as awesome as that, it's almost certainly a great coaster regardless! Certainly better than that erect penis ride!

Besides, judging from what few rides I've been on, inversion are overrated, and floorless coasters even more so!

I would also like if they took out the MS(Mean Streak) and put in a 220 foot floorless coaster with a 94 degree drop with 9 inversion! That would be 8) Cool!!!!!

Oh my GOD!!! And I want a 300 foot flyer with 12 inversions and a park that has 50 cent slices of pizza and a world with less animal cruelty. yeah, not going to happen

Who even said that Mean Streak was going anywhere anyway?

Well, I'd just recommend a nice retracking, and maybe some new trains, based upon the complaints I've heard!

If it would have to be replaced, let GG, GCI, or S&S, build a new wooden coaster!

If it would have to be replaced by a steel coaster, then they should get something that delivers a truly unique ride experience. Maybe a flyer?

Although, considering that they don't have a "sitdown" B&M, a floorless might be a good option, so long as it's actually forceful and more than just a bunch of loops, with a few turns at the end to get it back in the station!

Well, I'd just recommend a nice retracking, and maybe some new trains, based upon the complaints I've heard!

I heard they retrack it every year, just a bad coaster, i guess. Intamin makes wooden coasters idea for the likes of Cedar Fair. They could replace MS with one of those.

I heard they retrack it every year, just a bad coaster, i guess. Intamin makes wooden coasters idea for the likes of Cedar Fair. They could replace MS with one of those.

Well if they retrack it every year, and it still beats you up, then it should probably be scrapped! The support structure seems far too dense, which is the likely culprit, and seems to be a major problem with Dinn Corporation rides in general. It's too bad, as the layout is awesome!

While an Intamin wooden rollercoaster is a great option for larger parks, if a park is willing to continuously retrack a coaster, it isn't nessecary.

You gotta love Curtis Summers

Well, if they really do retrack it every year I would think that they have some sort of ideas for getting rid of it because that would be a stupid expense to hold onto (unless the ridership is still there, which I'm sure it is not considering the ride it gives and its location). Maybe they actually will put in a floorless and start a new tradition (Hercules for Hydra, Mean Streak for ???) I just don't think there would be a catchy name for it though

MS would be a decent ride if they took that *&$%*$& trim off the first drop and found a way to get it to run smoothly. But a good layout?! Think again..... the first three hills? Yes. The rest? Gentle slopes creating boring dips, and wide slow turns creating boring... well turns. The entire ride is just a wannabe Texas Giant with none of the edge, creativity, or forces that make a good coaster. It is perhaps the ULTIMATE "big numbers not adding up to a big ride experience" coaster.

That said, if they truly retrack it every year, I think they're having it done by drunk blind worker elves, since the track always feels worse for the wear when I go.

(PS Intamin Wood for '06 please oh please oh please)

I never post rumors unless I believe there is some reliability in them, which is never, so the fact that I am going to mention this, means I feel it is at least worthy to be said. I don't necessarily think this is what's going to happen, but just thought I'd pass along for discussion. I heard from one of the head maintenance guys at CP (I worked there) that CP is actually putting in two flats in '06 where WWL is and may add a coaster, but is likely for '07. Just a thought. Not saying this is what is going to happen. I am not a fan of rumors but thought I would pass this along.

MS would be a decent ride if they took that *&$%*$& trim off the first drop and found a way to get it to run smoothly. But a good layout?! Think again..... the first three hills? Yes. The rest? Gentle slopes creating boring dips, and wide slow turns creating boring... well turns. The entire ride is just a wannabe Texas Giant with none of the edge, creativity, or forces that make a good coaster. It is perhaps the ULTIMATE "big numbers not adding up to a big ride experience" coaster.

Well, okay. I've never been on it! I should have said that it looks awesome, and it does.

Considering there is a giant woodpile by the park, there is only one thing they can be making:

Lincoln LogVille! New for 2006!!! Better than Legoland!!!

A park spokesman fictiously may have thought about stating: It's not a great departure from Frontier Town. More like, a cedar facelift, if you will. Over the decades, the wood was getting a tad termitey and those pesky bugs were bothering our wood legged patrons. Lincoln Logs will be the newest, hippest retro trend for a least the next several months! So, Ride the Wood wave here Cedar Point!