TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Insanity - The Ride - Stratosphere Tower

We have set an opening date of our new ride atop the Stratosphere Tower. Insanity - The Ride will open 10 days from today! March 20, 2005!

More information on Insanity at

http://www.insanityride.com/

Hope to see some of you come out and check out this insane ride.

Why live life on the edge when you can go over?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else wondering how many other rides they're going to put on that tower before it collapses???

It almost reminds me of that "Topple" game!

Elissa "done with Stratosphere!!! It freaks me out too much now!" Alvey

you actually have a good point though, that can be considered a hazard. It would be somewhat funny watching it fall all the way down, unless the centrifugal motion just pushed it back onto the bodies of the riders. :shock: Insanity does look like a pretty crazy ride though, but i don't think it's that "insane" of a ride. The only factor that would make me want to ride it is the height.

3 words sum up what I think: That looks CRAZY! You're saying that people are really going to agree to be spun around, looking down at the ground 900 FEET below them, with only a lap bar and centrifugal force holding them from falling out towards certain death? And they're going to PAY in order to do it? There is NO WAY I would do that should I ever be in Las Vegas, and I'm not even afraid of heights!

Airtime "ok, maybe if I would get $1,000,000,000 to ride I would do it, but otherwise NO WAY!" 2000

The rides up there ain't the pricy, right? Insanity looks cool, but not "15$ Cool". Dunno why people is scared of heights like this when they are perfectly safe. I really love the feeling of being far from the ground. Though I got a little dizzy of the rocket powered elevator in TV-Turm in Berlin.

Sorry, yes March 10 is the opening this upcoming Thursday. Working there 2 years we know more that go on there. Actually the weight of the ride was taken out of the building (concrete steel etc) before it was put in place. So we really didnt add too much weight to the top of the tower. X-Sceam has been a great hit since it opened Halloween in 2003. As for the loose articles we do not allow any loose articles on Big Shot, X-Scream, or Insanity. High Roller is the only ride where loose articles can be taken along. On Insanity and X-Scream if we spot a camera, purse, etc. We will stop the ride and remove the article, and resume the ride. People spitting or flashing the camera will be taken down by security. We dont mess around with people throwing coins and other objects from the rides. We are strict, but thats the way it should be right? Pricing, Tower Admission is $9.00, High Roller is $4.00, X-Scream, Big Shot, Insanity $8.00 plus Tower Admission. Re-Rides are $4.00 Per Ride. All day unlimited pass $24.95 Locals recieve -$4.00 on all tickets. We cannot wait for Insanity, and are looking forward to its opening. go to the webcams at www.stratospherehotel.com during the day and see the finished product. The ride is completed. at night you can see its multi-thousand dollar lighting display on it. The ride itself is just insane. Once i ride, i will give a report on the ride. I am actually scared of it, X-Scream doesnt scare me but for some reason Insanity Does. We are expecting people to vomit, espically people coming up from the Top of the world rest. atop the tower. Our management got to ride on the ground and they said it is nauseating. So we are expecting it, but hoping it goes off the edge, so we dont have to clean it up. But this is the last ride to be placed atop the tower. Have a good night everyone.

Edited Post (by TeknoScorpion):

After doing some calling and research at 3am my time, midnite Vegas time, I found out that if anybody is planning on riding Insanity on March 10th, you'll want to change your plans .

It will be a party for Press and contest winners (and probably employees?), but the ride opens @ 10am on Friday, March 11th to the GP (hey, thats us!).

Correct. There may be a chance to ride opening night (10th) depending on how big the press event and party are. The ride attendants may get to ride sooner, other employees will be on the press day. More info will be announced today at work, and i will post tomorrow. X-Scream was "soft opened" 1 day before the grand opening, so once again we will see with insanity.

Who ever thought that big thunder mountain, or space mountain could de-rail? There's no way I'd go on insanity! Statisitics show that a rollercoaster will de-rail once every 800,000th run....very unlikely, and it doesn't bother me with normal rides, but imagine derailing off the stratosphere tower :shock:

Well no matter what is said, if it was not safe, we would not have been allowed to install the ride. Safety is number one at Stratosphere, if you ever go you will notice we dont mess around when checking restraints. we double check everything. I notice at other parks, some attendants check with a finger, not acceptable in my book. Also our ride engineers begin inspecting the rides right after we close and right up to the opening the next day. I would have not ridden the ride if i didnt think it was safe, nor would i operate a ride i didnt believe was safe.

Insanity Opens to the public tonight at 9:00 PST

Yesterday was our media day, go to

http://www.kvbc.com/

our local News Station. Where you can see the new ride in action. The ride itself is really fun, nauseating, but not as scary as we thought, people were having tons of fun on it. That was a shocker to me, people in the media were going back in line to ride again. Hopefully the public will love this ride as well.