TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

p. 34 - Bobcat wooden coaster announced for 2024!

^Six Flags Over Adirondacks doesn't sound too bad.

However I do prefer the actual name by far compared to "Six Flags Something". Especially if SF continues its new trend of creating really awful names (Twisted Colossus and Wicked Cyclone ), if the park was to change its name now, I don't want to know what the new name would be...

• 4 weeks later...
I wonder if Great Escape would a Super Loop ride in 2016?

I really hope the parks gets a new coaster (like everyone else) instead of a Super Loop in 2016, but if the park still has to wait for a new coaster, a Superloop wouldn't be a bad addition. Anyway, it can't be worst than Bucanner Beach; it sure is a nice "addition" for families but it's a pretty cheap new attraction.

I wonder if Great Escape would a Super Loop ride in 2016?

I really hope the parks gets a new coaster (like everyone else) instead of a Super Loop in 2016, but if the park still has to wait for a new coaster, a Superloop wouldn't be a bad addition. Anyway, it can't be worst than Buccaneer Beach; it sure is a nice "addition" for families but it's a pretty cheap new attraction.

Maybe a Skyscreamer?

CB's life should have been done before it came to TGE. It's on borrowed time now.

I've always thought a GCI where Nightmare was would be a great addition to the park.

And I'd scrap Steaming Demon first. Or the Boomerang.

I think it'd be kinda weird to have two top notch wood coasters in one park without a good steel.

In a perfect world they would somehow build a custom launch steel coaster utilizing Demon's nightmare's and CB's space. But ya know that's un realastic.

Anyways, I think beside Comet Boomerang is the only coaster that's safe. Boomerang is by far the smoothest/best boomerang I've been on and it's the best looking. Let me know if you find a Vekoma that places in a better location.

Was at the park today for the last day of the season, Fright Fest was great! Nice theming all over the park! Also, I'm not sure if it has been discussed before but the park started to re-paint Canyon Blaster during September and October. The new flashy-red looks great!

<--The part that was repainted is the one on my profile picture.

The paint scheme looks good and that makes me think that the park will be keeping it around for a while. I enjoyed my rides last year when they ran the final few cars backwards. Are they still doing that?

As for the park's future, I second a launch coaster like Sky Rocket as that is the perfect size for this park. The Nightmare plot should really be utilized at some point.

The paint scheme looks good and that makes me think that the park will be keeping it around for a while. I enjoyed my rides last year when they ran the final few cars backwards. Are they still doing that?

When I was there in May, they were turned forward again. The signs still said they were backwards, which really confused me.

I really need to get back up here next year because Alpine Bobsled was closed during my last visit.